Skip to content

My name is Henry Morgan.
我叫亨利·摩根

My story is a long one.
我的故事说来话长

It might sound a bit implausible.
听起来有点难以置信

In fact, you probably won't believe me.
也许你都不会相信

But I'll tell you anyway, because, beyond all else, I have lots and lots of time.
但我还是要告诉你 因为相比起来 我最不缺的就是时间

Doors are closing.
车门即将关闭

How did you know I was Russian?
你怎么知道我是俄罗斯人

Korovka. Russian chocolate.
科洛夫卡 俄罗斯巧克力

You have a smudge(污点,污渍).
你嘴边还有巧克力渍

Good luck at the performance tonight.
祝你今晚的演出顺利进行

Sorry.
抱歉

I noticed the indentations(缺口,压痕,凹陷,缩进) on your fingers.
我注意到你手指的压痕

At first, I thought the violin, but the spacing is a bit too wide, and there's no markings under your chin, so cello.
一开始我以为你是拉小提琴的 但压痕的间距太宽了 而且你的下巴没有印子 所以应该是大提琴

How did you know I have a performance?
那你怎么知道我今晚有演出

Your collar has a bit of moisture(水分,潮湿,湿度). Freshly showered. So I assumed you're either headed to work or going out on a date, and, with all due respect, it would be unusual for a woman as beautiful as you to be taking the subway to a date.
你的领子有点湿 看得出来你刚刚洗过澡 所以我猜 你不是去上班 就是去约会 我无意冒犯 但是佳人如你 是不会 坐地铁去约会的

You see a lot.
你看到的真多

Well, I've seen a lot.
我只是见得多了而已

Next stop: 66th Street, Lincoln Center.
下一站 六十六大街 林肯中心

Perhaps you would like to come to the performance?
你愿意来看我的演出吗

Maybe afterwards, you could grab a drink?
之后说不定我们能一起喝一杯

I would love to.
我很乐意

I've lived a full life, been madly in love. I've had my heart broken. I've fought in wars and seen more than my fair share of death. In my long life, I've experienced many ends, but only one beginning. It all started 200 years ago.
我曾经有美满的生活 深爱过 也曾经一度心碎 从前征战沙场 目睹无数死亡 在我漫长的一生中 我经历过无数个尽头 却只有一个开始 一切始于两百年前

It's just a fever. This man will be fine.
只是感冒而已 这伙计没什么大碍

He's not a man. He's property.
他不是伙计 他就是个东西而已

He has cholera. Throw him overboard.
他得了霍乱 把他丢下船

I can assure you he is not infected!
我可以保证 他没有染病

You allow my men to remove him, or I shall.
你最好让我的手下把他带出去 不然我就自己动手了

Step aside, Dr. Morgan, or I will shoot you.
摩根医生 一边站着去 不然我就开枪了

I cannot let you do this.
我不能让你这么做

So be it.
那就你去死吧

You see, something happened that night.
那晚发生了一些事

I was transformed.
我被转化了

I still feel love, pleasure, pain.
我仍然能感知到爱 快乐和痛苦

My life is just like yours.
我的生命和你的几乎一样

Except for one small difference.
除了一个小小的差别

It never ends.
我的生命从没有尽头

Since that night nearly two centuries ago, every time I die, I always return in water, and I'm always naked. Lends itself to some slightly awkward situations.
自从近两个世纪前的那晚之后 每次我经历死亡 总是会回到水里 而且总是一丝不挂 这导致了不少尴尬的场面

Now you know about as much about my condition as I do.
现在我的情况你知道得差不多了

All I know for certain is that the pain is real.
而我唯一能肯定的 就是疼痛是真实的

It's just the dying part that's not.
不过死亡是假的

It's a long story. 说来话长

Just imagine all the things you could do with eternity.
想象一下 永生能让你做什么

See the world, speak countless languages.
环游世界 说无数不同的语言

In fact, there's almost nothing in this life I haven't done, except leave it.
事实上 所有的事情我都尝试过了 除了真正的死亡

Unfortunately, that's not the case for those around me.
不幸的是 我身边的人无法像我一样

Try watching as the people you love most in the world go off to another.
试试看 目睹你此生挚爱 去了另一个世界

Only then would you know what I do.
只有那时你会明白我的感受

That eternity is not really a blessing, but a curse.
永生不是上帝的恩赐 而是诅咒

Abe is the only one who knows my secret.
亚伯是唯一一个知道我秘密的人

Fate brought us together years ago.
命运让我们在多年前相遇

And if I've learned nothing else from my time here,
这么久以来 我只学到一件事

it's don't mess with fate.
不要和命运作对

Forgive me. But even for a man who died
不好意思 即使是死了一次

and then spent the night in jail, you look like crap.
又在监狱待了一晚 你看起来也太糟了点

Thank you, Abe, but I assure you,
多谢了 亚伯 不过我可以保证

I look exactly the same every day.
我每天都是一个样子

Although, that still may be like crap.
即使每天的确都一团糟

But hey, here's the beautiful part.
但好就好在

Nowhere to go but up.
你不可能变得更糟了

Not your finest hour.
状态不佳啊

You just snuck off.
你居然偷溜了

I, uh...I would call it a clean exit.
要我说 这叫利落地离开

Shame free. That is, until now.
在此之前 也毫无尴尬

Just one tiny mistake. You took the wrong phone.
只是有个小错误 你拿错手机了

Okay, great.
这样啊

Sorry.
抱歉

I see what's going on here.
我知道怎么回事了

What's that?
什么怎么回事

I saw that dude's picture on your phone,
我看到你手机的桌面是个男人的照片

bunch of saved voicemails.
还有一堆保存着的语音留言

You stepping out on your old man?
你劈腿了

Look, this doesn't have to be a one-nighter.
这不一定非要是一夜情

There's no reason you and I couldn't be something real.
我们之间也可以有真感情

That's very sweet, Andre.
你真好 安德烈

But if I want to find you, I will.
但如果我想找到你 我会的

Detective Martinez.
马丁内兹警探

I've been calling you all morning.
我给你打了一早上的电话

Late night?
睡晚了

Early. Took a yoga class and hit the sack(麻布袋,洗劫).
睡得挺早的 上完瑜伽课就睡了

What do they think happened?
他们觉得是怎么回事

No idea.
毫无头绪

Apparently not an act of terror,
显然不是恐怖袭击事件

or feds and Homeland Security
要不联调局和国土安全局

would have this whole city on lockdown.
会把整个城市都封锁起来

That thing looks pretty old.
看起来是个古董

Yeah, it's still ticking, too.
对 而且还有在走

Can't say the same for whoever owned it.
它的主人可能就没这么幸运了

Yeah, no survivors in this car.
车上没有一个幸存者

Detective Martinez.
马丁内兹警探

Lieutenant. What do you know?
中尉 有什么进展吗

M.E. on the scene thinks the conductor
现场的法医认为调度员

died of a heart attack.
死于心脏病

Traces of vomit(呕吐,喷出), no hemorrhaging or bruising.
现场有呕吐的痕迹 无出血或擦伤

They think he died before impact.
他们判断在列车撞击之前他就死了

What do you need from me?
要我做什么

Head over to the M.E.'s office,
到法医办公室

get someone signed off on the cause of death
尽快让他们在

of the conductor ASAP,
调度员的死因上签字

and pray there's no alcohol found in him.
希望他体内没有酒精成分

'cause if there is, it becomes manslaughter
如果有的话 这案子就成了过失杀人案

and we're looking at 14 homicides.
牵涉到了14条人命

Got it.
了解

Correct me if I'm wrong.
说错的话就告诉我一声

You never died in a train crash before, have you?
你从没因为火车失事死过 对吗

No, I've not.
对 没有过

I'd say this is cause for celebration.
那我们得庆祝一下

You experienced something new today.
今天你经历了从没经历过的事

Isn't that the whole point of life?
这不就是生命的意义所在吗

Abe, I think it's safe to say
亚伯 老实说

that I've yet to figure out what the point of life is.
到现在我都没弄清生命的意义到底是什么

Mine anyway.
反正我的没弄清

Well, that's why we keep looking.
所以我们才一直在寻找

How about I get us tickets to La Traviata tonight?
搞两张票子我们今晚去看茶花女怎么样

I hear the soprano has a great set of pipes on her.
听说女高音唱得挺不错的

Look, I appreciate the effort.
谢谢你的邀请

But occasionally after a violent death,
但是在横死之后

a man needs a period of time to wallow.
人偶尔还是要点时间消沉一下的

Understood.
理解

Abe.
亚伯

Uh, don't say anything too emotional.
别说什么太煽情的话

It'll be uncomfortable.
会很尴尬的

My thoughts exactly.
同感

Cause of death--
死因

Impaled by subway railing.
被地铁扶手刺穿要害

Pain level--6.
疼痛级别 6级

Mm, call it a 7.
还是换成7级吧

Over the years,
过了这么多年

you could say I've become a student of death.
可以说我已经是死亡学家了

Not out of some macabre obsession,
不是因为痴迷于此

but purely for research.
仅仅是出于单纯的研究

You see, I need to find a way out of this.
我得找出解决这个的方法

A key to unlock my curse.
解除诅咒的良方

I work for the New York City medical examiner's office.
我在纽约市的法医办公室工作

It holds the largest collection
这里有世界上最多的

of slightly-chilled corpses in the world.
新鲜尸体

If your game is death, go where the action is.
如果你想了解死亡 就去死亡最多的地方

All right, Lucas, who's first?
好了 卢卡斯 第一个是谁

subway conductor.
地铁调度员

NYPD called twice asking for cause of death.
纽约警局为了他的死因打了两次电话了

I told them there was about 20.
我跟他们说有二十个左右

Spinal fracture, blunt-force trauma to the head,
脊柱骨折 头部受到钝器撞击

exsanguination, all probably post-mortem.
大出血 都可能是死后才造成的

Early diagnosis says a heart attack got him first.
早期诊断他可能是死于心脏病

Lucky bastard.
这混蛋还真走运

How so?
怎么这么说

Detective Jo Martinez.
乔·马丁内兹警探

You have a cause of death yet on the conductor?
查明调度员的死因了吗

Just about to begin.
正要开始

Very welcome to join us.
欢迎加入我们

Lucas here could get you a coffee.
卢卡斯可以帮你倒杯咖啡

Yes. Why don't I -- Do you, uh -- latte or an--
对 要不要--你想要—拿铁还是

Uh, any kind of frappy-type beverage?
一些冰镇饮料

Maybe a pressed juice.
比如鲜榨果汁

Does wonders for the colon.
对小肠有好处

No, thank you.
不用了 谢谢

I, um... I'll just hang out.
我就在这逛逛

You know, why don't I just get an assortment(分类,混合物)?
我还是都买过来好了

Right? Then we can decide later.
对吧 然后再决定

Sorry for your loss, detective.
很遗憾你失去了爱人 警探

Sorry, I think you're confused.
对不起 我想你搞错了

I didn't know any of the victims.
遇害者里没有我爱的人

No, I meant your husband.
我是指你的丈夫

Excuse me?
抱歉 你说什么

I noticed a slight discoloration(变色,污点)
我注意到你左手无名指上

on your left ring finger.
有个很淡的变色的印记

Could be divorce,
你也可能是离婚了

but most divorcees
但很多人离婚后

don't wear their wedding band around their necks.
不会把婚戒戴在脖子上

I put his death at under a year.
我想他去世不到一年

How would you know that?
你怎么知道的

Well, my assumption is that your drinking
我猜你是最近

is a recent development.
才开始酗酒的

Squinting suggests a sensitivity to light,
眯着眼表示对光敏感

slight decrease in respiratory function,
呼吸功能略有下降

and the mascara under your right eye is crooked.
你右眼的睫毛膏涂歪了

I was in a hurry this morning.
我今天早上很匆忙

And there's none under your left.
而你的左眼却没涂

If this man had lived any longer,
如果这人再活得久一点

he most certainly would have died of a heart attack.
他肯定会死于心脏病

So, you're saying he didn't die of a heart attack?
你是说他不是死于心脏病的

No.
不是

Look at this.
看看这里

Foaming on the lungs.
肺部发泡

Pulmonary edema.
是肺水肿

I believe this man was poisoned.
我想他是被下毒了

Wait, what?
等等 什么

That -- That's your official diagnosis?
这是你的官方诊断吗

It's a homicide? Well, yes and no.
这是起凶杀案吗 是 也不是

It's my assumption,
这只是我的假设

but I'll need the tox report to confirm.
但我需要毒理分析报告来确认

Could take up to three weeks.
可能需要三周时间

But I've got a pretty good track record, if you'd like to get started on your investigation.
如果你想马上开始调查此案的话 我的历史记录向来良好

It's crazy actually.
应该说是惊人

Sometimes he doesn't even need to open them up to tell how they died.
有时他甚至不必解剖死者 就能知道他们的死因

It's like they speak to him.
就好像死者与他交流似的

It's kind of awesome.
真了不起

And kind of creepy.
也有点吓人

You do realize the gravity of what you're saying?
你知道你所说的话的严重性吗

Yes.
知道

I realize you now have 15 homicides on your hands
现在你手头上有了一桩牵涉十五条人命的凶杀案

and a mass murderer to catch.
和一名大屠杀凶犯要追捕

Perhaps you'd like to rethink that coffee.
也许你要再想想是否喝那杯咖啡

It's for you.
找你的

Says it's a friend.
说是你的朋友

Excuse me.
失陪一会

Well, that's weird.
真奇怪

Which part?
哪里奇怪

He doesn't have any friends.
他没有朋友啊

Hello?
你好

Is this Henry Morgan?
是亨利·摩根吗

Dr. Henry Morgan?
亨利·摩根医生吗

Speaking.
我是 请说

Dr. Morgan, I have to say, talking to you is probably the most exciting thing that's ever happened in my life.
摩根医生 不得不说 和你通话也许是我这一生中最兴奋的事

Well, that's nice for most people,
这对大多数人来说是好事

it's not even the high point of their day.
因为现在还不是他们一天中状态最好的时刻

I'm sure.
那倒是

If they knew more about you, their opinion would change.
如果他们多了解你一点 就会改变对你的看法

Dr. Morgan, how did you survive that subway crash?
摩根医生 你是如何从地铁事故中活下来的

I don't understand what you're talking about.
我不明白你在说什么

Yeah, you do.
你明白的

The one that killed everyone in the first car.
那起导致第一节车厢的乘客全部死亡的事故

Everyone except you.
除了你 大家都遇难了

Who is this?
你是谁

Henry, you can't imagine how long I've been looking for someone like you.
亨利 你无法想象像你这样的人我找了多久

Someone like what?
像怎样的人

You don't have to pretend with me.
你不必在我面前假装

You know what you are.
你清楚自己的情况

And now I do, too.
现在我也知道了

Now, can you be sure that this person who called you actually knows?
你能确定打电话给你的人真得知道你的情况吗

Oh, Abe, please, he basically said it.
亚伯 他几乎都说出来了

Look, we've become complacent.
我们变得自满了

Too much time in one place is dangerous. You know that.
在一个地方待太久是很危险的 你知道的

Where are we going this time?
我们这次要去哪

Completely your choice.
选择权都交给你

South of France, Brussels.
法国南部 布鲁塞尔

How's your Dutch?
你的荷兰语怎么样

A bit rusty.
有点生疏了

And then what?
然后呢

What we always do.
做我们一直做的事

Lay low, outlive, and move on.
低调行事 活得长久些 继续生活

Well, you can.
你可以做得到

I can't.
我就不行

You know I can't do this without you.
没有你 我办不到

Then we don't run.
那我们就别逃

We stay and find out who he is and what he's after.
留下来 查出这人是谁 有何目的

What do you think he's after?
你觉得他的目的是什么

Abe, please. This has happened before.
亚伯 这种事以前也发生过

I've had every ounce of my blood drained,
我身上每一滴血都被抽干过

my organs dissected in the name of science,
我的器官以科学的名义被切开过

I've been hanged for heresy.
我还被认为是异端处以绞刑过

That was a long time ago.
这都是很久以前的事了

Yes, 172 years and I remember it well.
即使过了172年 这一切都历历在目

Hang me once, shame on you. Hang me twice...
绞我一次 真可耻 绞我两次

Abe, look,
亚伯

I wish I could be as trusting as you, but I have to run.
我也想像你这么善于相信 但我必须走

It's my only choice.
我别无选择

How are you gonna do it? How are you gonna do it, hmm?
你打算怎么做 打算怎么做

By isolating yourself from the world?
把自己孤立于世界之外

Spending all your days with corpses?
一天到晚和尸体待在一起

And not letting anyone get close to you since Abigail?
自阿比盖尔之后 你就不让人接近你了吗

I have news for you.
我有话要告诉你

You might not be able to die, but...
你可能死不了 但是

you haven't lived for a very long time.
你也有很长时间没有好好生活了

NYPD.
纽约警察局

This can be a lot more effective if we knew exactly what to look for.
如果我们知道查找的确切目标 就可以更有效率

Just anyone looking suspicious getting on or off that train.
查查任何上下那趟地铁的可疑人物

The M.E. thinks the conductor may have been poisoned.
法医认为调度员也许被人下毒了

With that kind of directive, should have something in no time. 有了这样的指示 应该很快能查到些什么

Sorry, Jo, this could take days.
不好意思 乔 这可能得花好几天

Why don't you go home? I'll call you if I find anything.
要不你先回家吧 有发现了我会打电话的

I'm fine.
我没事

Follow that guy with the pocket watch.
跟着这个拿着怀表的人

I can't -- I can't make out his face.
我 我看不清他的脸

B-back up.
倒 倒退一点

Stop. Right there.
就在这暂停

Can you push in right on that subway window?
你能放大车窗上这块吗

You have got to be kidding me.
搞什么鬼

It occur to me that the weather in Belgium is terrible at this time of year. 我突然想到 往年这个时候 比利时的天气都特别糟糕

Do not gloat.
不要幸灾乐祸

This is not gloating. It's pride.
这不是幸灾乐祸 这是骄傲

even worse.
这更糟糕

I hate you thinking you've won with all your ridiculous psychobabble. 一想到你觉得你用荒唐的心理呓语 赢了我 我就很不爽

I'd rather have a blunt instrument shoved into my spleen, and that's speaking from experience.
还不如直接用个什么钝器 捅死我算了 这些可都是我的经验之谈

Is that an '82 Pomerol?
这是82年的波美侯吗

Yes.
没错

Too bad you quit drinking 28 years ago.
太遗憾了你28年前就戒酒了

I'm reconsidering my stance on a variety of subjects.
我现在正在重新考虑我对很多事情的立场

Now it's been a while, so you have to remind me, how do we fight back?
过了这么久 你得提醒我 我们该怎么反击

Lucas.
卢卡斯

Lucas!
卢卡斯

Hey. Sorry.
不好意思

Do you know how this envelope got here?
你知道这个信封是怎么送过来的吗

The mail, most likely.
可能是寄过来的吧

There's no postage on it. It was hand-delivered.
上面没有邮戳 是有人送过来的

Has anyone been in the office this morning?
早上有人来过办公室里吗

just that cop from yesterday.
只有昨天来的那个警察在

The hot one. She was asking about you.
很性感的那个 她在打听你的事

Told her I didn't know anything,
我跟她说我什么都不知道

which considering we've worked together for three years now,
鉴于我们已经共事了三年

is oddly true.
这个事实 还真奇怪

Good talk.
跟你聊天很愉快

Nice footwork, Dr. Morgan.
步法不错 摩根医生

Well, I've had a lot of practice, Mrs. Morgan.
我可是练了很久的 摩根太太

Please don't remind me.
别跟我提那段日子

Abigail. Hmm?
阿比盖尔 怎么了

All of it, everything I've learned, everything I've ever done was all so I'd be worthy of you.
所有的一切 我所学的一切 我所做的一切 都是为了可以配得上你

And I love you more than I've ever loved anything in this world.
我爱你胜过世间一切

I'll be gone someday and you won't.
我总有一天会死去 而你不会

Abigail, please.
阿比盖尔 别这样

Can't I just have this moment?
就不能让我好好享受这一刻吗

Henry, listen to me. Everything you are, everything you've learned is for something bigger.
亨利 听我说 你的存在 你所学的一切都是为了更伟大的事业

You were made like this for a reason.
你变成这样肯定是有理由的

But it wasn't for me.
但是这个理由 不是我

There you are.
你在这儿呢

I'm going to grab some coffee. You want anything?
我去拿点咖啡 你要吗

No, I'm fine. Thank you.
不用了 谢谢

All right.
好吧

You know, it -- it is a little bit strange that we hardly know each other, right? 你知道吗 我们都不了解对方 这真的很诡异 对吧

I mean, shouldn't we just go out for a beer or something?
我是说我们不该出去喝杯啤酒什么的吗

Maybe see some music together?
看点音乐剧什么的

No, thank you.
不用了 谢谢

Okay. Appreciate the candor.
好吧 谢谢你这么直白

What's this?
这是什么

No, wait!
别动

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Chill.
冷静点

Easy. It's just a newspaper clipping.
冷静点 不就是个剪报吗

"Henry Morgan, Q.E.D."
"亨利·摩根 Q.E.D."

Shouldn't it say M.D.?
不是应该写M.D.吗

Q.E.D. -- Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
Q.E.D. 待证明的

It's used in mathematical proofs.
一般用于数学证明

It means "which was to be demonstrated."
意思是"有待证明的"

What's being demonstrated?
要证明什么

What? What is it?
怎么了 怎么回事

He wanted to prove it was true. He did it.
他想证明这是真的 他做到了

Who did what? What -- What are we talking about?
谁做到了什么 我们到底在说什么

Is the corpse of the subway conductor still here?
地铁调度员的尸体还在这里吗

Yeah, it's in the fridge. Why?
在冷藏柜里 怎么了

Just need to borrow a bit of your blood.
我只想借点你的血

What does Q.E.D. have to do with it?
Q.E.D.跟这件事有什么关系

Abe, he killed the conductor to prove I couldn't die.
亚伯 他杀了调度员来证明我不会死

Well, aren't there a lot easier ways to do that?
不是还有更简便的法子吗

He can come up behind you in the street and bang!
他在街上跟着你给你来一枪不就好了

Yes, but where's the flair in that?
是的 可是那样太低端了

No, he's leaving clues.
才不呢 他要留下线索

He wants me to find out who he is.
他想让我查清楚他的身份

If we can figure out what kind of poison he used, then we can work out a time frame for when the injection took place.
如果我们能查清楚他用的毒药 这样就能大致推断出 他是什么时候注射的

Once we know when he killed him, we can figure out who he is.
一旦知道他的杀人时间 我们就能查出他是谁

Yes, but to find out the kind of poison, you still have to wait for the toxicology report.
没错 可是为了查出毒药种类 你还是要等毒理学报告出来

Might be a faster way.
说不定有更快捷的方法

Oh, really, and how will you do that?
是吗 你想怎么做

No.
不干

Absolutely not.
绝对不干

are you sure you want to do this?
你确定要这么做吗

I mean, the toxin in his blood is still potent.
他血液中的毒药毒性依然很强

You're gonna feel every bit of this.
你会完完整整地体会到那种痛苦

It's the only way to know immediately what he used.
这是能马上知道他用了哪种毒药的唯一办法

Wouldn't it be ironic if this time I actually die?
如果这次我真的死了 会不会有点讽刺

Hysterical.
会非常可笑

Okay.
好了

I'm ready. Please. Kill me now.
我准备好了 请吧 杀了我

Aconite! Called monkshood. The queen of poisons.
乌头 也叫附子花 毒后

It's extremely fast-acting.
起效极快

It enters your blood stream on contact and you experience this gut-wrenching burning sensation in your stomach, blistering in your lungs, tingling in your fingers, your face goes numb, and then, luckily, you die.
接触皮肤就能进入血液系统 会让你的胃部有极其痛苦的烧灼感 肺脏起泡 手指刺痛 面部发麻 幸运地是你马上就死了

What's this?
这是怎么回事

Maybe we were robbed.
可能我们店被抢了吧

I'm afraid not.
恐怕不是

This watch belong to you?
这块表是你的吧

It never occurred to you to tell me you were on that subway car when I was standing in your office? 在你办公室的时候 你就没想过要告诉我 你当时也在那节地铁车厢吗

It would occur to me, but I didn't think it was relevant.
想过 不过觉得没有什么意义

I didn't want to waste your time.
不想浪费时间

I'm a private person.
我这人比较注重隐私

Oh, well, I-I can see why.
我大概明白为什么

We obtained a warrant for your residence.
我们拿到了你住所的搜查令

Found your little secret cave.
找到了你的秘密小洞穴

My laboratory, yes.
我的实验室

Quite a collection you have down there.
你在那有不少收藏品

Got some human organs, some torture devices.
有些人体器官 还有一些刑具

All those are for sex.
这些都是情趣用品

Well, sometimes you need to push the envelope.
有时候需要些极限挑战

So, what happens when that tox report comes back and I can link you to the poison?
如果毒理报告出来 我能找出是你下毒的证据的话 怎么办

You won't.
你不会找到

Based on my findings, if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was aconite -- 根据我的发现 让我大胆猜测的话 是乌头

Something I haven't experimented with for years.
我已经几年都没在实验中用到了

If I was gonna kill someone, I'd use polonium.
如果要杀人 我会用钋

Doesn't present for weeks.
几个星期都不会毒发

Makes for a much better alibi.
更好的造出不在场证明

Aconite, on the other hand, is extremely fast-acting.
相反 乌头毒发极快

The killer would have had to get up close and...
杀手必须要离被害人非常近 还有...

And what?
还有什么

The killer, I suspect, was on the train at some point or another.
凶手一定在某个时候 也在地铁上

Well, now we're on the same page.
现在我们想法终于一致了

Okay.

I did it.
我做的

Is this a confession?
这是认罪了吗

No. It's a hypothetical. Work through it with me.
不是 这是假设 和我一起想

Homicide detective -- I'm sure you have pretty good powers of deductive reasoning. 罪案侦探 我相信你有 极强的演绎推理能力

Okay.

You got on that train, poisoned the conductor.
你上了地铁 给调度员下了毒

The motive, we can work out later.
动机我们可以以后再查

Fair enough.
合情合理

You knew he was gonna die, so you went into a back car and just braced yourself. 你知道他会死 所以你走到了后面的那节车厢 站稳扶好

Then you piled out with the rest of the crowd.
再混入人流中走掉

A few hours later, you go back to work like nothing ever happened.
几个小时候后 你回去工作 表现得若无其事

Where I was lucky enough to meet you.
在那里我幸运的遇到了你

You should have seen the look on your face.
你真应该看看你自己的表情

You were literally praying it was a heart attack.
你当时满心希望他是心脏病发

But you were the one who suggested poisoning.
但是你指出他可能是被毒死的

So, detective, what conclusions can you draw?
那么警探 你的结论是什么

Either you're a complete sociopath who wants to be caught, which I'm not ruling out. 你要么是个希望被抓的彻头彻尾的反社会者 这一点我现在还没排除怀疑

Nor should you.
你做得没错

Or...the real killer is still out there.
不然 真正的凶手还在逍遥法外

That seems like sound logic to me.
我觉得这条非常有道理

As you ponder, I’m sure there's one thing we can both agree on.
你先想着 我们有一个共识就是

You don't have enough to hold me.
你没有足够的证据扣留我

At this point, anyway.
至少目前为止是这样

That is true. You're a free man, Dr. Morgan.
没错 你自由了 摩根医生

Do not go far.
别走太远

You have my word.
我跟你保证

What exactly are we looking for here?
我们到底在找什么

An entry point.
一个切入点

The killer had to inject him somehow.
凶手肯定要给他注射

Here it is.
在这里

Look at the bruise.
看这淤青

Couldn't that have happened during the crash?
不能是车祸过程中造成的吗

There wouldn't be a mark.
那不会有这个痕迹

Once he was killed, his blood stopped pumping.
一旦他死了 血液会停止流动

Better question --
更好的问题是

Why would you let somebody inject you behind the ear?
你为什么会让人在你耳后注射

Unless you didn't let them.
除非不是自愿的

Grab the U.V. Light.
拿紫外灯来

Dr. Henry Morgan.
亨利·摩根医生

You know what his last gig was before this?
你猜他上一份工作是什么

Grave digger.
掘墓人

Hand to God, you could not draw up a creepier dude here.
对天发誓 没见过比他更变态的人了

When you look at the evidence against him, we have nothing.
可你找不到任何指证他的证据

What is his motive?
动机是什么

Oh, come on. This guy's a total freak.
拜托了 那人就是个变态

Who knows what he's capable of?
谁知道他能干出什么来

I-I'm not saying he's not capable.
我不是说他不能

He is without a doubt the weirdest, creepiest, most unusual person I've ever met.
毫无疑问 这人是我见过的 最怪的 最吓人的 也是最不寻常的人

I am simply saying if he's our only suspect, we should start looking for another. 我只是说 如果他是我们唯一的怀疑对象 我们应该着手找其他人了

I couldn't agree more.
我不能同意更多

Might I have a word, detective?
不介意我说句话吧 警官

When I said "creepiest," I meant that in the nicest possible --
我说最吓人 其实是说最好的...

Detective, I can assure you I've been called worse. Here.
警官 我保证更难听的我都听过 给你

What is this?
这是什么

It's a fingerprint I lifted off the corpse of the subway conductor.
我从地铁调度员尸体上提取的指纹

Thought maybe you could run it through your system, that is if you're still open to other options. 想着也许你们可以在系统里查找一下 如果你们还在找其他嫌犯的话

Look, if I'm wrong, you still have one very legitimate suspect. 如果我错了 你还是有一个合理的嫌疑人的

The print belongs to Hans Koehler.
指纹是汉斯·科勒的

He has no priors, is not officially a suspect, and I ask the questions. 他没有前科 所以不是正式的嫌犯 我只是来询问

Just consider me a curious observer.
就当我是好奇的旁观者吧

Bit of a vested interest.
类似既得利益

Dr. Morgan.
摩根医生

We don't have a warrant.
我们没有搜查令

Dr. Morgan.
摩根医生

Look at that. Probable cause.
看看这个 合理根据

Yeah, a dead rat.
是啊 一只死老鼠

Foaming at the mouth, distended abdomen.
口部有涎沫 腹部鼓胀

This one died from something it ate.
死因应该是它吃过的东西

Like rat poisoning.
比如老鼠药

Or maybe he was munching on some of these.
或许它吃了这些东西

Monkshood.
附子花

Also known as aconitum variegatum.
也叫做乌头草

Hey, Dr. Morgan.
摩根医生

Stop! Stop.
站住 站住

Do not move. This thing could be filled with poison.
别动 这里可能有毒

I will go first.
我先来

Aconite.
乌头草

Okay, don't touch anything. Let's just back out.
什么都不要动 我们先撤

Dr. Morgan. Hey.
摩根医生

Stay put.
待在这别动

Freeze! NYPD!
不许动 纽约警察

Hands where I can see them!
把手放到我能看到的地方

Hands where I can see them now!
马上把手放到我能看到的地方

Take it easy.
别紧张

Nice and easy.
慢慢来

Detective, your hand!
警官 你的手

The poison. Ow, my hand!
有毒 我的手

It's working its way into your blood stream.
它在进入你的血液系统

What? We have less than a minute!
什么 我们还有不到一分钟的时间

I got to wash it off. No, no, no, no, no!
我给它洗掉 不 不行

We need to neutralize it.
我们要中和掉它

Here, ethanol.
这个 乙醇

Oh, God!
天啊

What the hell is wrong with you?!
你他妈有什么毛病

Wait, wait! What are you doing?!
等等 等等 你要干什么

No, no! No!
别动 别动

I'm sorry.
对不起

But trust me, aconite's a terrible way to die.
不过相信我 被乌头毒死可是很惨的

Hans Koehler.
汉斯·科勒

Turns out he used to be a chemist for Dow until three years ago when his wife, Karen, had an accident falling onto the subway tracks.
他原来是陶氏化学公司的化学家 直到三年前他的妻子 凯伦 意外跌落到地铁轨道上身亡

The driver of the train that killed her -- Same conductor that was just poisoned.
当时撞死她的地铁司机 就是那个中毒的调度员

The guy's been planning this for a long time.
这个人计划了很久

Hey, Henry. You okay?
亨利 你还好吗

You seem confused.
你看上去很困惑

Koehler's motive.
科勒的动机

It doesn't make any sense.
说不通

He did it because the subway conductor killed his wife.
他的动机居然是因为地铁调度员杀了他妻子

Don't sound so shocked.
听起来也不算惊人

People kill for a lot worse reasons than revenge.
为了比复仇更离谱的理由杀人的也有

Yes.
没错

It's just that I thought he was after... something else.
只是我以为他的目标是...其他的东西

I was wrong.
我想错了

You want a drink.
你想喝一杯

Henry, actually, I'm -- I'm st--
亨利 其实我...

I wasn't hitting on you, detective.
我不是在勾引你 警官

I was merely stating a fact.
我是在陈述事实

You want a drink.
你想喝一杯

Don't worry.
别担心

I'm the least judgmental person you'll ever meet.
我是你见过最不会评判别人的人

So, I checked you out.
我调查了你

You went to medical school in Guam.
你在关岛念的医学院

Before that, you actually worked as a grave digger, and you carry around a 300-year-old pocket watch.
在那之前 你是个掘墓人 还带着一块300年的老怀表

So, Henry Morgan, what's your story?
亨利·摩根 你是什么来头

Well, I won't bore you with the details, but the watch was a gift.
烦人的细节跳过 怀表是个礼物

Legend has it it had belonged to a doctor seeking passage on a ship from Africa.
传说它原来属于一位 在非洲起航的探路船上的医生

It was given to him by his father.
他从父亲那袭得

Anyway, the watch was lost at the bottom of the ocean.
之后 这块表沉没在大洋深处

And years later,
数年之后

it was recovered by a team of treasure hunters.
它被一队寻宝者找到

It was bought at auction and given to me.
被带到了拍卖会拍卖 最后到了我这

That is a generous gift.
真是个大手笔的礼物

This person must have really cared about you.
送礼物的人一定很看重你

Yes, of course she did.
没错 她确实是

But then she came to her senses and left me.
后来她恢复了理智 离我而去

Yeah, well, they do that.
是啊 常有发生

What happened to your husband?
你丈夫是怎么去世的

he... He was a lawyer.
他...生前是位律师

Was in D.C. for a deposition,
当时在华盛顿特区作证

and decided to go for a run on the hotel treadmill.
在酒店的跑步机上跑步的时候

And he had a heart attack.
心脏病发

There is a part of him that I still feel.
我还是能感受到 他的存在

I just want it to go away.
我很希望这感觉赶快消失

It won't.
不会消失的

Thank you. I feel so much better.
谢谢 这话让我感觉好多了

Yeah.

I will be right there.
我马上过去

They just found more poison in Koehler's lab.
他们在科勒的实验室找到了更多毒药

These vats were full until about six hours ago.
这些桶六小时前是满的

The spectrometer says it was aconite.
光谱仪显示原来装的是乌头

Based on the volume, I'd say about two gallons.
从体积上来看 我推断有两加仑

We also found traces of ethanol.
我们还找到乙醇的痕迹

I guess he was cleaning the casks.
应该是他清理桶时留下的

Or he wanted to make it soluble.
或者是他希望让它变得可溶

Why would he do that? To produce a mass quantity.
为什么那么做 为了产生大量毒药

Maybe he's looking for a bigger audience.
也许他的目标人数更多

I'm gonna get Homeland Security on this.
我去找国土安全局来处理

What are these?
这些是什么

We found those in the trash. They look like schematics.
我们在垃圾桶里找到的 看着像某种图表

Now, these here --
这堆东西...

A fish, a crab, uh, I don't know,
像个鱼 螃蟹什么的 不知道

maybe something in the water or a boat.
也许是水里的什么也许是艘船

Well, fish is Pisces and the crab is Cancer,
鱼是双鱼座 螃蟹是巨蟹座

but they're upside down.
但是它们倒过来了

All aboard!
请上车

The zodiac is painted upside down
中央火车站的棚顶上

on the ceiling of grand central.
十二宫图是上下颠倒的

They said it was to give the perspective of God,
他们说那是按上帝视角画的

but they'd simply hired a bunch of drunks.
其实是他们找来的都是醉鬼

Where was his wife killed?
他妻子在哪被杀

she fell off the platform at, uh,
她掉下的月台在

42nd...and Park.
四十二街和公园路

Grand Central.
中央火车站

I could be wrong.
我也许猜错了

But if I'm not, we're all gonna be very busy.
但如果我猜对了 我们的麻烦就大了

Northbound train to Morris Heights,
北上到莫里斯高地的列车

Koehler could be anywhere.
科勒可能在任何地方

We should shut this place down, get these people out of here.
我们应该关闭这里 疏散人群

Henry? Henry, where are you going?
亨利 亨利 你要去哪

I realized something.
我发现了点事情

It's a little chilly tonight.
今晚有些冷

Oh, that's very observant.
观察真是细致入微

Why are we running up the stairs?
我们上楼来干嘛

Because the air-conditioning is on.
因为空调开了

He made the toxin soluble
它把毒药变成可溶的

so it could be airborne.
是为了让它在空气里传播

The ventilation system is on the roof.
通风系统在屋顶

Perhaps I was a bit overzealous.
也许是我过度热心了

Detective!
警官

Get over here! I can use your help.
过来 我需要你来帮我

Come on.
快点

Grab that.
拿着它

Come on!

Bring it over here.
把它搬过来

This isn't the answer.
这不是你要的结果

Killing all these innocent people won't bring your wife back.
杀掉这些无辜的人 你妻子也不会复生的

No, but those bastards at the MTA, they'll remember her.
是不能 不过大纽约交通管理局的混蛋会铭记她的

I know how you feel.
我懂你的感受

I've experienced pain and loss you cannot even begin to --
我经历过的痛苦 你想都想不...

You know nothing!
你什么都不知道

Trust me, I know what it's like to lose someone.
相信我 我了解失去爱人的感受

To feel like life is playing a cosmic trick on you.
感觉命运在对你恶作剧

But killing these people is not gonna make the pain go away.
但是杀掉这些人不会让痛苦消失

I can't let you do this.
我不能让你这么做

I think you forgot I've got the gun.
你好像忘了我手里还有枪

This may come as a surprise, but a gunshot... not the worst way to go.
或许这有点意外 但挨枪子的死法 不是最痛苦的死法

It's okay.
没关系的

You're going to a better place.
你会到更好的地方去

I don't know.
我不知道

What happened?
发生什么了

Well, to summarize, you got shot and Koehler decided to take his own life.
简而言之 你中枪了 而科勒决定结束自己的生命

He jumped off the roof.
他跳下了屋顶

What about the poison?
那毒药呢

I guess he thought better of it.
我想他改变主意了吧

Well, that doesn't make any sense.
这说不通

Okay.
好吧

What do you think happened? Hmm?
你觉得是怎么回事呢

I thought you both fell off that roof.
我以为你俩都掉下去了

Both of us? How's that possible?
我们俩 怎么可能

Trust me. I'd like to be a bit more heroic.
相信我 我是想更英勇一点

But I assure you that's the morphine talking.
不过我确定你这都是吗啡导致的

There's something you're not telling me.
有些事你瞒着我没说

Thanks.
谢谢

Hello?
你好

Yes. Hold on.
是 等等

It's for you.
找你的

Hello?
你好

I just wanted to make sure you're all right.
我只是想确定一下你没事

That was a nasty spill you took last night.
昨晚你血溅四方啊

Yes. Fine, thank you.
好的 我很好 谢谢你

What is it that you want?
你想要什么

the same thing you want, Henry.
和你想要的一样 亨利

Death.
死亡

That doesn't seem to be an option for either of us.
那是我们两个都没法选的东西

I don't understand.
我不懂

What -- What are you saying?
你说什么

I'm saying that we're the same, you and I.
我说我们一样 你和我

We share the same pain, same curse, same affliction.
我们有一样的痛苦 诅咒和折磨

How is this possible?
怎么可能

I'm afraid I'm as lost as you are.
恐怕我也和你一样迷惑

We're soul mates, Henry. We got eternity together.
我们是灵魂伴侣 亨利 永世相伴

Might as well have some fun with it.
不如找点乐子

I, uh, better go.
我要先走了

Henry.
亨利

Are you okay?
你没事吧

I'll survive.
死不了

Watch your backs! Quickly!
注意身后 快

I've seen a lot of death, a lot of pain, a lot of suffering.
我见过无数死亡 数不尽的痛苦和折磨

But I've also seen a lot of life...
可我也见过无数的生命

A lot of beauty, a lot of wonder.
无数的美好和奇迹

Are you a doctor?
你是医生吗

This baby was just recovered at one of the camps.
这个婴儿是在营地里找到的

He appears to be in perfect health.
非常的健康

It's not the number of years we live that matters.
我们能活多少年 并不重要

Our lives just add up to a series of moments.
我们的生命无非是无数的瞬间组成

We never know when or where they'll happen.
我们永远无法得知他们会出现在何时何处

But they stick with us, marking our souls forever.
但这些瞬间会伴我们一生 在灵魂印上永恒的标记

I believe I'm about to beat you for the first time in 65 years.
我马上就要赢你了 这是65年来的第一次

Mate.
将军

The problem with living for 200 years isn't the loneliness or the pain or the loss.
活了200年的麻烦 并不是孤单或痛苦或失去

Okay, sure, it is those things.
其实就是这些

But what really gets you is when life ceases to surprise you.
但真正让你痛不欲生的是 当生活不再惊喜

Hi.
你好

I was just in the neighborhood, and I-I thought that I would return this to you.
我就在附近 所以想把这个还给你

Figured it was pretty valuable.
我想它应该是挺重要的吧

It is.
没错

Thank you.
谢谢你

Invite her in.
请她进来

actually, I-I can't stay. I'm on the job.
其实我没法久留 还有工作在身

In fact, have you heard of a sword called the Hancho Mass--
你有没有听说过一把剑 叫本庄正宗

The Honjo Masamune?
本庄正宗武士刀

Considered the most famous sword in the world.
几乎是世界上最有名的剑

It went missing after World War II.
在二次世界大战之后就没有了

Well, it is sticking out of some guy's chest on 32nd and Park.
它现在就扎在一个人的胸口上 在32街和公园路

I requested you as my M.E.
我要求你做我的法医

You coming or what?
你来不来

I've spent my entire life studying the human body, and I can say with scientific certainty that what keeps us alive, more important than blood or oxygen or even love...is hope.
我一辈子都在研究人体 我能科学确定地说 让我们活下去的原因 比血液氧气和爱更重要的东西是希望