Appearance
You have a tough day at the office?
在办公室又受气了吗
Remember that weaselly new creative director
你还记得我上周跟你说过的那个卑鄙狡诈的
I told you about last week?
新任创意总监吗
Peter.
彼得
Guy's been totally sandbagging my work
那家伙老是把我的工作
into the nachos locos account, which I have had...
贬得一文不值 我已经...
Ok, can I stop you there for one moment?
让我打断你一下
Who gives a crap?
谁会关心这些
Seriously. You act like you are out there curing cancer.
说真的 你搞得好像是在治疗癌症一样
You are Hawking chips for a third-rate ad agency.
你不过是三流广告公司的小职员
But I thought you said I should...
但我以为你说过我应该...
No no. Don't think, shut up.
不不 别自以为是 闭嘴
I want your thoughts, I will ask for them.
要是想知道你的想法 我自己会问的
Take off your jacket.
把外套脱了
Hands.
手
Open.
张嘴
Much better.
这样好多了
We will be playing a little game
我们来玩个小游戏
called "Guess the Toy".
叫"猜玩具"
Try number one.
一号玩具
Try number two.
二号玩具
On second thought,
转念一想
we won't be needing toy number one.
咱们不需要一号玩具
Hey, what are you doing up?
你在干什么
Busy nights.
忙了一晚上
Where have you been?
你去哪了
Oh, out and about, mixing up--
在外面 随便玩玩
you know, little dancing, little drinking.
你懂的 跳个小舞 喝点小酒
Little what-have-you.
调点小情
Abraham.
亚伯拉罕
You are clearly dehydrated.
你已经脱水了
Let me fix you a tonic to restore your electrolytes.
我给你点奎宁水 补充点电解质
Tell me that's not...
别告诉我这是...
Eau de L'amour.
爱香
She's back again, isn't she?
她回来了 是吧
Maureen Delacroix,
玛琳·德拉克罗瓦
the face, that broke a thousand hearts,
还是那张会让万千男人为她心碎的脸
and a bosom that still defies gravity.
还是那对永远不会屈服于地心引力的双峰
She's your ex-wife, Abraham.
她是你的前妻 亚伯拉罕
Maureen and I have always been like wild animals.
玛琳和我爱得就像野兽
Why do you think I married her? Twice.
不然你觉得我为什么娶她 还娶了两次
You also fought like wild animals, and you were divorced twice.
你俩打得也像野兽 你们也离了两次婚
Well, you know what they say.
你知道俗话说得好
"Third time's a charm?"
"好运总会降临在第三次"吗
No.
不
You can't have the sweet without the sour.
不经历风雨 怎能见彩虹
That woman has done nothing but hurt you time after time.
这女人只会一次又一次地伤害你
Are you talking about the incident with the gun?
你是说上次用枪的小事故吗
She didn't know it was loaded.
她又不知道那个已经上膛了
No, Abe.
不 亚伯
I'm worried about her breaking your heart.
我担心的是她会让你心碎
At my age? I should be so lucky.
就我这年纪 这应该算是走运了
It shows it's still working.
说明我的心脏还在工作
Hit me again, will you?
再给我来一杯 行吗
Sex, drugs, skydiving.
性 毒品 跳伞
It's strange that the things we do for a thrill,
人们总是会奇怪地做一些刺激的事
in order to make ourselves feel alive,
来提醒自己还活着
are the same things that may kill us.
而恰恰是这些事 会要了我们的命
The same is true when it comes to human relationships.
在人际关系中也是一样
The people we love the most
我们最爱的人
are the ones capable of hurting us the most deeply.
往往也是能伤我们最深的人
Name's Richard Gaines.
死者名叫理查德·盖因斯
Found 600 bucks in his wallet,
钱包里还剩六百块
so you can rule out robbery.
所以可以排除抢劫的可能
No obvious signs of trauma.
没有明显的创伤
Quite the opposite. Manicured nails,
恰恰相反 指甲修剪得很整齐
laser hair removal on his fingers.
手指做过激光褪毛
This man controlled the image he presented to the world.
这人非常注意自己的外表
You got all that from a hand?
就凭一双手你就能看出这么多吗
The way we treat our bodies
我们对待尸体的态度
reflects who we are, detective.
能反映出我们的自身 警官
All right, doc.
好吧 医生
Well, according to his license,
根据他驾照上的信息
he lives less than half a mile from here.
他住的地方离这里半英里不到
Maybe someone knew his route,
说不定有人知道他日常的出行路线
waited.
埋伏在这
Guy looks rich -- probably had enemies.
这人看上去挺有钱的 可能有仇家
Yeah, well, scratches on his face, he got them being dumped.
脸上有划痕 应该是因弃尸造成的
Moving car, maybe?
可能是开车抛尸
And they didn't bleed, which means
而且没有流血 也就是说
he was already dead when he hit the ground.
被扔到地上时他已经死了
Have you ever considered a career
你有没有考虑过
as a medical examiner, detective?
当个法医 警官
No.
没有
Forensics didn't find squat.
法医们什么都没发现
Any evidence that was left was
残留的证据
washed away with last night's rain.
都被昨晚的雨冲走了
It's a beautiful suit.
这衣服不错
A tad on the ostentatious side, though.
不过有点过于太光鲜了
You said he was vain, the laser hair removal.
你不是说他很虚荣吗 激光褪手毛什么的
Guy wanted to be noticed.
这家伙希望被人关注
Or he wanted his clothes to be noticed, meaning
或者说他希望别人关注他的衣服 也就是说
he wanted to hide what was beneath them.
他想遮掩藏在衣服下的东西
What the hell?
搞什么
This man - was flagellated -- whipped.
他被鞭打了 被鞭子抽的
Though the lashes are superficial.
不过这些伤都很浅
Manner of death, asphyxiation.
死因是窒息
The broad band ligature marks suggest that he was
这道较宽的勒痕表明他被人
choked - with some sort of strap.
用某种带子缠住而窒息
A belt, perhaps.
可能是皮带
What do you think -- an interrogation gone wrong?
你怎么看 是审讯途中失手了吗
This guy was tortured.
这人遭到了折磨
Or maybe whoever did this to him
又或者说对他下手的人
was looking for some kind of sick thrill.
追求的是一种病态的快感
The person who killed him wasn't the one looking for the thrill.
杀他的人并不是追求快感的人
He was.
他自己才是
Is that a...
这不是
Black light?
黑光灯吗
Yes, it is. Bought it for a rave.
没错 为了开派对才买的
That was a joke.
我开玩笑的
No, I use it for travel.
不 我是旅行中用的
I've seen enough biological residue
见识了那么多体液残留
to never touch a hotel remote without one.
我现在连旅馆遥控器都不敢轻易去碰
These injuries
这些伤痕
were inflicted over the course of months,with care.
都是几个月前造成的了 打他的人很小心
Suggesting complete self-control.
说明自控力非常好
So, if it's not a crime of passion...
所以如果这不是激情犯罪
At least not a traditional crime of passion.
至少不是传统的激情犯罪
What are you saying?
什么意思
He was into the rough stuff.
他喜欢被人施暴
A textbook case of sadomasochism.
典型的施虐受虐狂
What, do you mean he wanted someone to do this to...
你是说他希望别人这么对他...
What is wrong with people?
这年头的人都怎么了
Let me ask you a question, detective.
让我问问你 警官
You've never consumed alcohol to excess?
你从来没有饮酒过量吗
Never driven beyond the speed limit or engaged
从来没有超速行驶 或者
with a partner of a dubious sexual history?
和有可疑性经验的人谈过恋爱吗
Done all three at once, to be perfectly honest.
老实说 我曾经三样都有过
Hey, I'm just a man, doc.
我只是个普通男人 医生
So was he.
他也是 What is your point, Henry?
你想说什么 亨利
It's a fine line between pleasure and pain.
痛苦与愉悦只有一线之隔
Mrs. Gaines?
盖因斯夫人
I'm sorry.
对不起
This is a lot to process at once.
一时之间我有点接受不了
I'm still trying to figure out way to tell my kids
我还在想该怎么跟孩子们说
that their father is dead.
他们的父亲死了
Here.
给你
Thank you.
谢谢
You and your husband -- you were happy?
你和你丈夫生活美满吗
Of course we were happy.
当然了
The injuries on your husband's body suggest...
你丈夫尸体上的伤痕好像是
ritualized punishment.
某种仪式性的惩罚
Can you tell us anything about your husband's proclivities?
能跟我们谈谈你丈夫的癖好吗
Did you and your husband engage in any sort of...
你和你的丈夫有没有参与某些
sex games.
性游戏
It was therapy.
那是治疗
And it wasn't with me.
而且不是跟我一起的
Richard had a domination therapist --
理查德有一个施虐治疗师
called herself Iona Payne.
自称伊奥娜·佩恩
I take it that's an alias.
我觉得那是化名
Did you give your husband permission
你是否允许你的丈夫
to have sex with this woman?
和这个女人上床
It wasn't about sex.
这跟上床没关系
Then whas it about?
那这是什么
Power.
权力
Richard was a powerful man.
理查德是个强势的男人
He worked in a world where any weakness might be exploited.
在他工作的地方 任何弱点都会被人利用
He learned not to let his guard down to anyone --
他学会了对任何人都保持警惕
not even me.
甚至是对我
Nearly cost us our marriage.
这差点毁了我们的婚姻
Therapists, counselors -- none of it helped.
心理治疗 咨询 都没有用
Until he met Iona.
直到他遇见了伊奥娜
You never felt any resentment or jealousy?
你不觉得怨恨或者嫉妒吗
Are you married, detective?
你结婚了吗 警官
No.
没有
Then how could you possibly understand?
那你怎么可能会理解
She gave me my husband back.
她让我丈恢复了原样
Would you like to visit a domination therapist?
想去见一见施虐治疗师吗
There's a first time for everything.
凡事总有第一次
Lovely room.
房间真不错
Have to say,
不得不说
it's more therapist than dominatrix.
看上去治疗的部分大于施虐的部分
I should've brought Lucas' black light.
我应该把卢卡斯的黑光灯带来的
I bet you this place lights up like a peep-show booth.
我打赌一照就跟开变态派对似的
I'm just saying,
我只是说
there's no way this woman is not a prostitute.
这女的肯定是个妓女
Nice ink.
纹身不错
See you next week.
下周见
My receptionist didn't tell me I had a couples session.
接待员没告诉我今天有夫妻来治疗啊
Oh, we're not a couple.
我们不是夫妻
Um, NYPD.
纽约警局
We just want to ask a few questions.
我们只想问几个问题
Where's yours?
你的警徽呢
I'm just a humble medical examiner.
我只是个身份低微的法医
Come in.
进来吧
Do you mind if I change?
介意我换身衣服吗
My 3:00 has a different therapeutic need.
我三点钟那场的治疗要求不一样
Um, we can give you a minute,
我们可以出去等一下
if...you need...
如果你需要的话
No, it's fine. I'm good if you are.
没事 只要你们不介意
Henry?
亨利
Yes. Sorry.
不好意思
Please have a seat.
请坐
How can I help you two?
有什么能你们的吗
Uh, we'd like to ask you about one of your clients,
我们想询问关于你的一名客户
Richard Gaines.
理查德·盖因斯的情况
His wife said he'd been coming here
他妻子说他过去两年里
to see you the last two years.
都会来这里找你
That's correct.
没错
When was the last time you saw him?
你最后一次看到他是什么时候
Uh, last night. We had a 9:00 P.M. session.
昨天晚上 我们九点钟有一场治疗
Do you mind telling us what that session entailed?
介意告诉我们治疗内容具体是什么吗
Oh, I don't talk about my clients
未经允许我是不会
without their permission.
谈论我的客户的
Your client is dead.
你的客户死了
What happened?
发生了什么
You tell us. You were the last one to see him alive.
这要问你了 你是最后一个见到他的人
Your client was strangled to death.
你的客户是被勒死的
Was that part of his therapy?
这是他治疗的一部分吗
My job is to help people unlock their pain.
我的工作是帮助人们释放他们的痛苦
Well, judging from our victim's body,
从死者的尸体上来看
it's also about inflicting it.
你还会给他们造成痛苦
Mind if I have a look around?
我能到处看一看吗
Please. Be my guest.
可以 请自便
Physical pain serves a function.
肉体上的痛苦是有用的
It teaches us. Wouldn't you agree, doctor?
它会给我们留下教训 你同意吗 医生
Well, it teaches us to protect ourselves.
它会教我们要保护好自己
In an ideal world, we learn from it.
在理想的世界里 我们可以从中吸取教训
Psychic pain is different.
心理上的疼痛则不一样
I help people...
我帮助人们
trade one sort of pain for another,
将一种痛苦转化为另一种痛苦
more harmless one.
更无害的那种
Harmless, huh?
无害
Guy was choked.
那家伙窒息了
If I'm not mistaken,
如果我没弄错的话
this would have left a mark
这东西会在死者的脖子上
like the one we found on the victim's neck.
留下我们找到的那种伤痕
You're not mistaken.
你没有弄错
Pulley system.
滑轮系统
So that you may strangle your clients with a rope.
所以你可能用带子勒住了客户的脖子
You need to tell us what happened
你得告诉我们你昨晚
between you and the victim here last night.
和死者之间到底发生了什么
I would never hurt a client.
我绝对不会伤害我的客户
Of course not,
当然不会了
but choking someone isn't exactly a science, is it?
不过让人窒息不算是什么科学的方法吧
Richard trusted me.
理查德信任我
Perhaps he trusted the wrong person.
也许他信错人了
Go ahead and have a seat right there.
在这里坐下
Let me ask you a question, doc.
问你个问题 医生
Why would people pay
为什么有人会愿意
300 bucks an hour to get their asses kicked?
每小时花三百块来被人虐待
If it makes them forget their true pain...
如果这能让他们忘却真正的痛苦
I'd call it a bargain.
我觉得还挺划算的
You said that Richard left at 10:00.
你说理查德十点就离开了
Where were you at 11:00?
你十一点时在哪
I was with another client.
我跟另一名客户在一起
Great.
好的
Give me a name, and we can clear all this up right now.
给我个名字 我们现在就能查清楚
Come on, you're really gonna risk a murder charge
别这样 你宁愿背负谋杀的罪名
to protect the privacy of a client?
也要保护客户的隐私吗
I didn't kill Richard.
我没有杀理查德
No, but you did do this.
是没有 但是这确实是你干的
The lash marks are mine.
那些鞭痕是我弄的
How about the bruises on his throat?
那他喉咙上的瘀伤呢
Your client died of asphyxiation.
你的客户因为窒息而死
We know that you choked him.
我们知道你勒了他
Right, but that's not what killed him.
是的 但这不是他死亡的原因
My medical examiner already gave us the cause of death.
我的法医已经给了我们他的死因
Your M.E. was wrong --
你的法医弄错了... not about the asphyxiation, but about what caused it.
窒息没错 但那不是我造成的
Richard wasn't choked.
理查德没有被我勒住
Why should we trust a dominatrix over a doctor?
我们为何要信一个女施虐狂而不信医生呢
Well, which one of us has more experience choking people?
我和医生谁对勒人更有经验呢
The muscles in Richard's neck were too thick,
理查德颈部的肌肉太厚了
due to our previous sessions.
这是我们之前的治疗造成的
So what, in your expert opinion, killed him?
那以你的专业意见来看 是什么杀了他
He stopped breathing.
他停止呼吸了
Isn't that how everybody dies, technically?
严格地说 人人都是这么死的吧
Well, not like this.
不是像这样的
Richard was forced to stop breathing by his own body.
理查德是被自己的身体强行停止呼吸的
How is that possible?
这怎么可能
He was electrocuted. He was electrocuted.
他是被电死的 他是被电死的
I don't see any burn marks on his body.
我没在他身上看见任何灼伤的痕迹
A persistent low-grade charge
持续的低度通电
would have forced his diaphragm to seize up
会迫使他的横膈膜卡住
and his lungs to stop.
使肺部停止工作
The entry point would have been small...
电流的接入点应该很小...
Likely obscured by a bruise.
有可能被瘀伤盖住了
It's an easy mistake for the untrained eye.
未经训练的眼睛很容易犯这种错误
Are you okay, Henry?
你没事吧 亨利
Well, hardly.
不太好
She's right.
她说得没错
Hello, Abraham.
你好 亚伯拉罕
M-Maureen.
玛琳
W-what are you doing here?
你...你来这里干什么
Oh, I was in the neighborhood.
我刚刚就在附近
I thought I'd just pop in and say hello.
我想着可以过来打个招呼
What happened to our meeting for dinner?
不是说好了晚餐见吗
I-I told you I had work to do.
我...我和你说了我有工作要做
Oh, I won't disturb you.
我不会打扰你的
I just wanted to see where you spend your days.
我只是想看看你平日都是怎么过的
I love that smell.
我喜欢那股味道
Old furniture?
旧家具的味道吗
No, you --
不 是你的味道
your musk.
你的麝香味
Well, get back to work.
继续去忙你的吧
I'm just gonna...
我就是打算...
take a little look around.
随便转转
I love this piece.
我爱死这个了
Damn you, Maureen.
去你的 玛琳
What did I do?
我做了什么吗
Uh, nothing, nothing.
没事 没事
It's just that you're you and I'm me,
只是你是你 我是我
and we both know how this is gonna end.
而我俩都知道这会以怎样的方式结束
Well, we've always burned hot, haven't we?
我们总是干柴烈火似的 不是吗
Until someone gets burned.
直到我们中的一个被烧伤
But not this time, Abe.
但这次不会了 亚伯
We're not a couple of dumb kids anymore.
我们两个不再是愣头青了
We've learned from our mistakes.
我们从错误中吸取了教训
So why am I doing this?
那我为什么会这么做呢
So, I was thinking about all that rain we had last night, right?
我刚刚在想昨晚下的那场雨
I was wondering if any of the evidence from the crime scene
我在想犯罪现场会不会有什么证据
might have washed its way all the way down the block to the...
可能被沿街一路冲到了...
sewer.
下水道
Yeah, so, when you thought of this little project,
是啊 所以当你想到这个小任务的时候
you thought of me?
就想到了我吗
Well, can you picture Henry doing this?
难道你能想象亨利做这种事吗
I think that little dominatrix really got under his skin.
我觉得那个女施虐狂真的把他惹恼了
Yeah, well, it's not like Henry to be out-Sherlocked
是啊 在找死因这件事上被别人超越了
on a cause of death.
可不像是亨利啊
What is this?
这是什么
Cattle prod.
电击棒
The D.O.A. was electrocuted to death, right?
死者是被电死的 对吧
Maybe I can get some prints off this thing.
也许我能从这上面提取一些指纹
Thanks.
谢了
You see that, Lucas?
看见那个了吗 卢卡斯
Nucleic streaming.
核素胞质流
An idiot can see that this man was electrocuted.
白痴也能看出来这个人是被电死的
Okay, I-I'm gonna stop you right there.
好吧 我...我得打断你了
Oh, please.
拜托了
Not another boilerplate pep talk
别再说些没用的加油鼓气的话了
filled with inane sports metaphors.
充满了空洞的体育隐喻的那种
Do you know how many jump shots
你知道迈克尔·乔丹在自己的职业生涯中
Michael Jordan missed in his career?
有多少次灌篮没进吗
Over 9,000 -- 9,000!
九千多个 九千啊
And that's supposed to help me how?
知道这个对我有什么帮助呢
Because, Henry,
因为 亨利
everybody, even the greatest of all time,
每个人 就算是有史以来最厉害的
pooched it every once in a while.
时不时都会搞砸一次
Now you know what it feels like to be us --
现在你体会到了我们的感受
to be mortal.
作为一个普通人的感受
Yes.
没错
Yes, I suppose that is rather comforting.
没错 我想这还是挺令人欣慰的
You know, I-I was gonna go get a drink around the corner,
我...我要去街角喝一杯
if you wanted to wrap up here and join.
你想要放下手头的事和我一起去吗
Next time.
下次吧
"Next time" is what you said last time.
你上次也是这么说的
Hope you figure it out.
希望你能搞清楚这件事
Dr. Morgan.
摩根医生
Sorry.
打扰了
Are you with a client?
你在接待客户吗
Well, that depends --
这取决于...
on why you're here.
你为什么而来
I was in the neighborhood,
我刚好在附近
and I wanted to talk to you about erotic electrocution.
然后我想来和你聊聊色情电击
Talk about cutting to the chase.
你还真是开门见山啊
It seems to me that you are uniquely qualified
在我看来你特别适合
to paint a portrait of our killer.
来描述我们的杀手
You have...keen acumen.
你非常的...敏锐
Electrocution is something I use sparingly --
电击是我很少使用的一种方式
usually on the back.
一般是用在背上
Other times, somewhere else.
其他时候 也会用在别的地方
How can it turn deadly?
那这种方式为什么会变得致命呢
If the person administering it doesn't know what they're doing.
一旦实施电击的人不清楚自己在干什么
I could give you a demonstration.
我可以向你演示一下
It would be purely professional, of course.
当然了 这是纯专业性的
I suppose I'm afraid to relinquish control.
我想我会害怕放弃控制权
I think you're afraid of a great many things, doctor.
我想你害怕的事情可不少 医生
That's not one of them.
而这个不是其中之一
Hand.
手
Be gentle.
温柔点
Of course.
当然
Too tight?
太紧吗
I'm fine.
还行
Next, his arms would be raised in a stress pose, like so.
接着他的手臂就像这样被拉高至紧崩
I'm not gonna hurt you.
我不会伤害你的
We can stop anytime you want.
只要你想 随时都可以停止
No, I'm -- I'm fine.
不 我...没事
Please continue.
请继续
But somebody did hurt you, didn't they?
但是的确有人伤害过你 是吗
Somebody you loved, that you trusted.
一个你深爱又信任的人
Nora?
诺拉
I never meant to do this to you.
我从没想过让你这样伤心
If I could have made it home sooner...
如果我能早点赶到家
Henry?
亨利
Is that you?
是你吗
How?
怎么会
They told me you were dead,
他们和我说你死了
that you fell over the side of the ship.
你从船边掉进海里了 I don't know how to explain.
我不知道该怎么解释
All that matters is that I'm home, darling.
重要的是我回来了 亲爱的
Do you know what this is, Henry?
你知道这是什么吗 亨利
It's a miracle.
这是奇迹
It was a long time ago.
那是很久以前的事了
Let me help you unlock that pain.
让我帮你释放那种伤痛吧
I'm much more interested in catching your client's killer.
我还是对抓住杀死你客户的凶手更有兴趣
You hide behind your work, Doc.
你用工作掩藏伤痛 医生
Your real area of expertise is avoiding any real intimacy.
你真正的专长是避免任何亲密行为
Perhaps I enjoy the solitude.
也许我热爱独处
Human connection is all any of us are looking for.
我们每一个人都会追寻与他人的联系
Let me help you.
让我帮你吧
I'm a hard case --
我的情况很棘手
too much history.
有过太多的历史
I don't mind a challenge.
我喜欢挑战
At first, you will beg me to stop.
起初 你会求我停手
And then you'll beg me not to.
过后又会求我继续
Well, it was right here.
东西本来放在这里的
Hold on.
等等
Perhaps this might be a good time to release me.
也许该把我放下来了吧
This has been most informative. Thank you.
我上了一堂极具教育性的课 谢谢你
Ms. Payne, A.K.A. Molly Dawes,
佩恩女士 又名莫莉·道斯
You're under arrest for murder.
你因谋杀而被捕
What?! Yep.
什么 没错
We found the murder weapon used to kill your client.
我们找到杀死你客户的凶器了
Your prints were all over it.
上面布满了你的指纹
Someone else here?
还有其他人在这里吗
H-Henry?
亨利
Detective Martinez.
马丁内兹警探
Might I trouble you for a handcuff key?
能麻烦你帮我打开手铐吗
I can explain.
我可以解释的
Uh, no. You don't have to do that.
不 不必解释
What did she say?
她说了什么
Same thing everybody says --
和所有人说的一样
that she didn't do it.
说她没做过
I'm inclined to believe her.
我倾向于相信她
A woman who beats people for a living?
一个以施虐为生的女人吗
And I dismember dead bodies.
我还肢解尸体呢
Meaning?
什么意思
That though our occupations are unusual,
尽管我们的职业都不寻常
we're both professionals.
但是我们俩都是专业人士
You want to know
你想知道
what Iona did before she became a dom?
伊奥娜在成为施虐者之前是做什么的吗
She was a therapist.
她曾是个治疗师
You want to know how she lost her license?
想知道她的牌照是怎么被吊销的吗
She had an affair with one of her patients --
她和其中一位病人发生了暧昧关系
Joseph Briggs.
叫约瑟夫·布里格斯
When Iona tried to break it off with him,
当伊奥娜想要和他断绝关系时
he killed himself.
他自杀了
Now, I'm not saying that
我不是在说
she tried to kill either of them,
她企图杀害他们
but clearly she has a history of crossing lines.
但是显然她有这种不安分的前科
What would you like me to call you --
你喜欢我叫你
Iona or Molly?
伊奥娜还是莫莉呢
I suppose "Mistress Payne" is out of the question.
我想总不可能叫我佩恩小姐
Well, look at the bright side.
往好的方面来看
At least one of us ended up in handcuffs.
至少我们其中一人会被拷上手铐
They really are gonna charge me
他们真的要以谋杀理查德的罪名
with Richard's murder, aren't they?
起诉我 是吗
It's not looking good.
情况不妙
The incident with your former patient
之前你那位病人约瑟夫·布里格斯
Joseph Briggs...
所发生的事
you want to tell me about it?
想要和我说说吗
Yeah.
好
Yeah, I mean, it was simple.
这件事很简单
I got too close.
我太过投入了
I knew better, but I was 27 years old,
我很清楚 但那时我才27岁
and so I let myself fall in love with a deeply troubled man.
我让自己和一个焦头烂额的男人陷入了爱河
I did learn my lesson about getting involved with patients.
与病人纠缠不清这方面 我真的受到了教训
So you and Richard Gain No.
所以你和理查德·盖因斯 我们没有
Besides, he wasn't even my type.
再说他不是我喜欢的类型
I prefer the lone wolves.
而且我更喜欢独来独往的人
If you give me the name of the client you were with
如果你告诉我 在理查德死的时候
at the time of Richard's death,
和你在一起的客户名字
I can confirm your alibi.
我就能证实你有不在场证明
You know I can't do that.
你知道我不能透露
I respect your scruples,
我尊重你的顾虑
but protecting a man's anonymity isn't worth prison.
但不值得为了保密某个人的身份而坐牢
Most people think my job is about what I do to my clients.
许多人认为我的工作就是对客户施虐
It's what I don't do.
但其实适时地收手才是重点
I bring them right to the edge,
我把他们带到崩溃边缘
and in that moment where they are completely vulnerable
在那一刻 他们完全不堪一击
and I can do anything I want to them...
我可以随心所欲地对他们做任何事
I stop.
但是我却停手了
It's ironic, isn't it?
这不是很讽刺吗
Uh, what's that?
那是什么
That the only way you can truly feel alive
唯一能让人真正感受到还活着的方法
is to give another person the power to destroy you.
就是赋予另一个人能摧毁你的力量
Are you ever going to tell me
你打算告诉我
what happened to you on that ship?
你在那艘船上发生了什么事吗
Not if I can help it.
这我可不能说
I have ways of loosening your tongue, Henry Morgan.
我有办法让你松口的 亨利·摩根
So, why won't you tell me?
为什么不告诉我
Because you won't believe me.
因为我说了你也不会相信
I can hardly believe it myself sometimes.
对这件事 有时我自己都难以置信
You can tell me anything.
你可以给我说所有事
I've given you my whole heart.
我整个心都给了你
Why can't you give me yours?
你为什么不能全然相信我
Oh, good Lord. What happened?
天呐 发生了什么事
You don't remember?
你不记得了吗
How could I forget?
我怎么能忘记呢
Is it me, or are we just getting better with age?
是我 还是我们都随着年龄增长技术越好了
Like a fine Bordeaux.
就像陈年波尔多一样
Speaking of which, I should clean up.
说到这个 我得起来收拾一下了
Or...we could just leave it how it is.
或者 我们也可以不用收拾
Well, yeah, I'd love to, but it's almost noon,
我也想 可现在都中午了
and somebody's got to open the store.
某人得开门营业啊
Oh? Says who?
是吗 谁说的
The guy who's got to work for a living,
就是那个离过两次婚
thanks to his two divorces
耗光了所有的钱
which were worth every penny.
于是必须自谋生路的家伙
Let me make it up to you, Abe.
亚伯 让我来补偿你
Come away with me, Abe.
跟我走吧 亚伯
Let's do all the crazy things that we always talked about.
我们一起去做那些以前总说的疯狂的事吧
That's why you came back, hm?
这就是你回到我身边的原因吗
To tempt me to drop everything and
引诱我抛弃一切
join you on some cocktail-fueled grand tour?
加入你的畅饮环球之旅
Oh, I wasted so many years just
长久以来 我总期待下一个遇到的人会更好
wondering if there was something better around the corner.
于是荒废了这么多年
Then I figured it out.
但我突然明白了
The best thing in my life
我生命中最宝贵的
was there from the start.
不是下一个 而是一开始那个
You.
就是你
We were meant to be.
我们注定相伴到老
But we're not spring chickens.
不过我们已经不再年轻 时间不多了
That, I know.
这个我知道
So...
那么
What's keeping you here,
你为何还要待在这
surrounded by all this...old stuff?
和这些老古董作伴
Did you find something, detective?
警官 你发现什么了吗 What are the chances
你觉得正常人
I have these exact same boots at home?
会不会在家囤这么多同款的靴子
Why would Iona hide her client list in there?
那你说伊奥娜怎么会把客户名单藏到这儿
You're just snooping.
你是在窥探隐私
It is called a general search warrant, Henry.
亨利 这叫一般性搜查
And yes,
你说的也对
I am snooping.
我就是在找她的隐私
She likes you, you know.
她喜欢你 你知道的
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
Iona.
伊奥娜啊
Come on, henry.
得了吧 亨利
You see everything, and you don't see that?
你什么都看得明白 难道看不出这个
I hardly see what that has to do with anything.
我没看出这和案子有什么关系
Relax, henry.
淡定 亨利
I am not suggesting that you ask our murder suspect out.
我又没建议你去约嫌疑人
Why would Iona be reading that?
伊奥娜看这个干什么
She wouldn't.
她是没看
It's an ironic disguise for her appointment book.
这是她为预约薄做的讽刺伪装
So, where was she Wednesday at 11:00 p.m.?
那她周三晚上11点在哪里呢
A. Schopenhauer.
A·叔本华
Hold that.
等一下
Hello? Hanson.
喂 汉森
Hey, I need you to run a last name for me...
汉森 你帮我查一个人
Schopen hello?
姓叔本 喂
Hanson?
汉森
Damn it.
该死
They're all aliases.
这些都是化名
Her clients are named after existential philosophers.
她用一群存在主义哲学家的名字给客户命名
Schopenhauer came after Wittgenstein and Kierkegaard.
见叔本华前她还见了维特根斯坦和克尔凯郭尔
What's wrong, bad reception?
怎么了 信号不好吗
No. Something else. Hello?
不是 是别的问题 喂
Hey, Hanson, keep the line open.
汉森 不要挂电话
I've heard this interference before.
我以前就听到过这种干扰声
Looks like Iona's got a bug problem.
看起来伊奥娜这里似乎被监听了
Surveillance device?
窃听设备
And it's one of ours.
而且还是警局的
I don't know anything about surveillance.
你们说的监听我压根儿不清楚
I'm just a retired cop living on a pension.
我就是个靠养老金过活的退休警察
Really?
是吗
'cause you checked out that unit in May of '02,
2002年5月你将这个窃听器从警局借出
And you never returned it.
可你后来一直也没还回来
Things get lost, sweetie.
美女 东西是会丢的
Yeah, but you do work as a P.I. now.
没错 但你现在的职业是私家侦探
So let's cut the crap, all right, sweetie?
所以帅哥 你还是别废话了 直说吧
Who hired you to bug Iona Payne's office?
是谁雇你去窃听伊奥娜·佩恩的办公室的
Who's Iona Payne?
谁是伊奥娜·佩恩
She's a woman looking at 25 to life for murder.
一个因为谋杀可能被判25年至无期徒刑的女人
Wish I could help, but, as you know,
我爱莫能助 不过你们也知道
unlawful surveillance also comes with a stiff sentence.
非法窃听的罪名 判刑是很重的
Okay.
好吧
What do you want?
你想要什么
Guarantee of immunity from prosecution.
你们要保证不起诉我
That ought to do the trick.
这样我才肯说
Deal.
成交
It was the dead guy's wife who hired me--
就是那个死者的妻子雇我的
Gwyneth Gaines.
格温妮丝·盖因斯
She thought her hubby was playing hide-the-whip
她觉得她老公和施虐治疗师
with his dominatrix.
有不可告人的关系
Was he?
那他有吗
Ain't that a kick.
其实就是为了刺激
I mean, this guy paid to get his ass whipped
我是说 这家伙付钱给某个穿皮裙的贱货
by some skank in a leather skirt.
让她抽自己鞭子
I don't see how casting aspersions...
我不知为何你要诽谤她
Hey, to each his own. I'm saying.
各有所爱了 我只是在陈述事实
But what this lady was charging,
尽管这位女士是收费的
at least a guy can get his rocks off.
但至少能让人极度兴奋
That's enough.
够了
Take it easy, doc. I'm sorry.
先生 你淡定点 对不起啊
I didn't realize you had a soft spot for whores.
真看不出来你还好妓女这口呢
Oh! Henry!
住手 亨利
Iona was right.
伊奥娜说得对
Pain can be quite liberating.
痛感也能让人如此痛快
Now, quit being a baby.
别像小孩儿似的
He had a very hard face.
他的脸真是又臭又硬
What happened to you?
你这是怎么了
Threw the old back out, I guess.
估计是背痛的老毛病又犯了
Maureen?
玛琳来了吧
So, the honeymoon continues.
这么说 蜜月期又来了
Well, here's the thing.
事情是这样的
I don't think it's gonna end this time.
这次 我们的蜜月期估计不会结束了
That's what you said about both your previous marriages.
你前两次没离婚的时候也是这么说
Maureen wants me to go away with her.
玛琳想让我和她一起走
Before passing judgment,
先别急着下判断
don't you think you should meet her?
你不觉得你们俩应该见一面吗
I thought we decided
我们不是说好了吗
I should never meet anyone you're involved with.
我不见那些和你有关系的人
Because they'd eventually find out about your condition.
因为你怕他们最终会发现你的秘密
Well, at this point in my life, I don't think you need to worry.
不过我都这把年纪了 我觉得你大可不必担心
You know I don't like talking about...
你知道的 我不喜欢谈起
Yes.
我知道
About the fact that my days are numbered.
你不喜欢谈起我来日无多这个事实
Well, Maureen makes me feel alive.
但是 玛琳让我有活着的感觉
That's ironic, given the number of times she's tried to kill me.
回想下她想杀我的次数 这话真讽刺
But you trust her this time?
但是这次你相信她
Despite my better judgment, I do.
摒弃我更好的判断力 我相信
Then I look forward to meeting her.
那我很期待见到她
Trust is a rare thing in this world.
在这世界中 信任是一件很稀有的事
Stop, Henry! Don't do this!
停下 亨利 别这么做
I can prove that what I told you is real.
我可以证明我跟你说的都是真的
Please, Henry! I won't lose you all over again!
拜托 亨利 我不要再失去你一次
I'll come back to you, and then you'll see
我会回到你身边的 之后你就会知道
that my story is true -- I'm immortal.
我的故事是真的 我是不死之身
Put it down if you love me.
如果你爱我 那就放下
I do.
我爱你
Which is why I can't go on
所以我才不能继续
with you believing that I'm insane.
让你相信我疯了
I believe you, Henry!
我相信你 亨利
I believe you.
我相信你
I'm sorry it took me so long to believe it.
对不起我花了这么长时间才相信你
Oh, Nora.
诺拉
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
I wanted to believe him...
我想要相信他
but part of me just... couldn't.
但是我还是...不能
Believe that your husband wasn't having sex with Iona?
相信你丈夫没有和伊奥娜做爱
But if it wasn't sex,
但是如果他们没有做爱
what was she giving him that I couldn't?
那有什么是我给不了 只有她能给的
I loved my husband.
我爱我的丈夫
I wanted to be his everything.
我想成为他的全部
How do you think it made me feel
得知只有她是能接近他内心的人
that she was the one finally able to reach him?
你觉得我是什么样的感觉
Mrs. Gaines, where were you at 11:00
盖因斯夫人 你丈夫被杀那晚的
the night your husband was murdered?
十一点你在哪
You don't think that I --
你不会认为我...
Where were you?
你在哪
I wanted to feel what my husband felt,
我想感受我丈夫感受到的
what made him so happy, that I couldn't do for him.
是什么我做不到但能让他这么快乐
I never told her I was his wife.
我从来没有告诉她我是他的妻子
You're the client she was protecting.
你就是她在保护的客户
Can I get you to write that down on a deposition?
你能把这些写下来作为证词吗 That way, I can cut Ms. Payne loose as a murder suspect.
这样的话 我能排除佩恩小姐的谋杀嫌疑
Good night's rest?
睡了一个好觉吗
Ah. Clearly, you've never spent the night in jail.
明显你就没在监狱待过
Clearly, you don't know me in the slightest.
明显你就一点都不了解我
I was hoping to remedy that, doctor.
我还想要弥补这点呢 医生
I thought you said you'd learned your lesson
我以为你说过你已经吸取
about crossing lines with patients.
不和病人有特殊关系的教训了
Oh, I'm not interested in you as a patient.
我是对不是病人的你有兴趣
Do you have a cell number?
你有手机号吗
E-mail address?
邮箱
Instagram account?
Ins账号
Facebook page? No.
脸书 没有
Twitter handle? Nothing?
推特账号 什么都没有
Well, how am I supposed to send you racy pictures of myself?
那怎么给你发我的露骨照片
Well, I'm sure I can remedy that.
我确定我能解决这个问题
I'm open to change.
我很乐意改变
Don't change too much, okay?
别变太多 好吗
I kind of like you just how you are.
我挺喜欢你现在这样的
Why don't you just call him?
你为什么不直接打给他
Henry doesn't own a cellphone.
亨利没有手机
He doesn't believe in them.
他不相信这些
But he does own a watch, and he's never, ever late.
但是他有手表 他从来没有迟到过
Well, I'm sure he has a good reason.
我想他一定有个合理的理由
Ah. Well, you don't know Henry.
你不了解亨利
How dumb do you think I am, Abe?
你觉得我有多傻 亚伯
You think I don't know who Henry is?
你以为我不知道亨利是谁
Your little secret?
你的小秘密
Hm. I figured it out years ago.
我好多年前就知道了
What little secret?
什么小秘密
That he's your son, you old dog.
他是你的儿子 你这个老家伙
Yes. Right.
是 没错
You caught me. I have a son.
你逮到我了 我有个儿子
And this dinner was to introduce us.
而这顿晚餐是为了介绍我们认识
You're so sweet, Abe.
你真体贴 亚伯
But your Henry is a grown man,
但是你的亨利是成年人了
and you don't have to baby him anymore,
你不再需要像小孩一样管着他了
so wherever he is, I'm sure he's fine.
所以不论他在哪 我确定他没事
Patience, doctor.
耐心点 医生
Almost there.
就快到了
No, I haven't heard from Henry.
没有 我还没有亨利的消息
Have you talked to Lucas?
你问过卢卡斯了吗
You mean that dingbat in his lab?
你是说他实验室那个蠢萌
He said he left work two hours ago.
他说他两个小时前就走了
Oh, you know Henry.
你知道亨利的
Exactly. This is a special occasion.
没错 这是特殊场合
He wouldn't miss it unless something was wrong.
除非出了什么事否则他是不会缺席的
Okay, let me, uh, let me see what I can do.
好 让我...看看我能做什么
Thanks, kid. I knew I could count on you.
多谢 姑娘 我就知道你靠谱
What are we looking for?
我们要找什么
Southwest corner of the precinct.
警署的西南角
Start scrolling at 5:00 pm.
从下午五点开始回播
Okay, there. That's him.
好 就是那 是他
He's walking to his bike.
他朝他的自行车走去了
What is this guy doing?
这男的在这里干嘛
Oh, my god. Aw, geez.
天呐 老天啊
All right, I'm gonna put out a bolo on a black cargo van.
好吧 我要通缉一辆黑色货车
Creep took his plates off.
这混蛋把牌照卸掉了
If we get a good look at his face...
如果我们能看清他的脸
Hey, w-wait -- wait a minute.
等一下 等一下
Let -- let me see that last bit again.
让我再看下最后那个片段
Oh, I see it.
我看到了
That tattoo.
那个纹身
I've seen him before.
我之前见过他
Look, I know he's your client.
听着 我知道他是你的客户
I get your confidentiality policy.
我懂你的保密协议
But he's kidnapped my partner.
但是他绑架了我的搭档
If you care anything about Dr. Morgan's life --
如果你关心摩根医生的命
His name's Wadlow -- Cliff Wadlow.
他叫沃德落 克里夫·沃德落
Do you have an address?
你有地址吗
I have his number. You can track his cell, right?
我有他的号码 你能追踪他的手机 对吧
About a month ago,
大约一个月以前
Wadlow started leaving me inappropriate messages,
沃德落开始给我发些不合适的短信
and he wasn't respecting boundaries during our sessions,
而且他在治疗过程中总试图越界
so I made him take a break and restricted him
所以我让他休息一段时间
to once a week, during daytime hours.
并限制他做一周一次白天的治疗
Oh, my god.
我的天啊
This is my fault.
这是我的错
What?
什么
When I stopped seeing him,
当我不治疗他之后
I gave his regular time session to Richard.
我把他的常规治疗时间给了理查德
Well, that still doesn't explain what he has against Henry.
这样也不能解释他为什么绑架亨利
He must have been following me. He must have seen me --
他一定跟踪了我 他一定看见...
What, Iona? What did he see?
什么 伊奥娜 他看见什么了
Seen me kissing Henry outside of the station house today.
看见我今天在警局门口亲亨利了
B-But...would he want to hurt Henry?
可... 他会去报复亨利吗
Given what his stepfather did to him,
鉴于他继父对他的所作所为
I think he's capable of anything.
我想他没有什么做不到的
I can see that you want to kill me...
我能看出来你想杀了我...
And I'm sure that your reasons are sound,
我也确信你的理由绝对充分
but if I may ask one favor of you,
但你能不能帮我个忙
make it quick.
动手迅速点
Best to get it over with, don't you think?
最好的了结方式 不是吗
Not a chance, doctor.
没门 医生
I want to enjoy every last minute of this.
我要好好享受这个过程
I thought you might feel that way.
就知道你会这么想
Please... Stop.
求你了 住手
I've always been on the receiving end,
我一直都是受虐的那个
but it's fun inflicting pain, too.
不过施虐倒也挺有意思的
I'm happy to switch places.
我很乐意跟你交换一下
I saw you at her office last night,
我昨晚看到你在她办公室了
and today, I saw you kiss her.
今天 我看到你亲了她
Iona belongs to me!
伊奥娜是我的
You understand?
你明白吗
She is mine!
她是我的
It won't happen again.
不会再有下次了
I know.
我知道
I'm gonna make you hurt
我要让你体验到
like you have never hurt in your life.
你从未受过的那种痛苦
Honestly...
说实话...
I don't believe that's possible.
我觉得那是不可能的
We'll see about that.
那就走着瞧吧
Stop it!
住手
Stop it! There's been a mistake!
住手 你们误会了
Nora, please tell them there's been a mistake!
诺拉 请告诉他们这是场误会
I just want you to get better.
我只是想要你好起来
But you said you believed me.
但你说了你相信我的
Because I wanted to stop you from hurting yourself.
那是因为我想制止你自残
You haven't been the same man since you came home.
你回家以后就变了个人
I'm not the same man!
我是变了个人
Nora, please tell them!
诺拉 求你告诉他们
Nora!
诺拉
Nora!!
诺拉
I trusted you!
我信任你
Bedlam is the only place
疯人院是他这样
for someone in his high state of delirium.
高度精神错乱者的唯一去处
When will he be cured, doctor?
何时能治好他 医生
As long as it takes to purge him of his madness.
只要将他身上的疯病去除就好了
Oh, good. You're awake.
很好 你醒了
Ready for another round of treatment?
准备好接受下一轮治疗了吗
Listen to me.
听我说 I know what it is to be alone,
我知道孤单的滋味
to have been betrayed
被你以为
by the one person you thought you could trust.
可以信任的那个人背叛的滋味
Killing me won't ease the pain.
杀了我并不能减轻你的伤痛
It'll only make it worse.
只会雪上加霜
So what's the point in living?
那活着又有什么意义呢
Drop it! NYPD! Let me see those hands!
放下 纽约警局 举起手来
Put it down! Drop that!
放下 放下
You said you wanted to die fast?
你说你想早死早超生
Henry, don't worry. We're gonna get you down.
亨利 别担心 我们救你下来
Get him down. Yeah.
把他放下来 好
All right. Loosen him.
好了 给他松绑
We got you. Come here.
接住了 来
Come here.
来
Okay, you're safe.
好了 你安全了
You okay?
你没事吧
What is that?
那是什么
Story for another time.
往事
Thank God!
谢天谢地
That was Henry.
是亨利
What happened?
怎么了
What happened?
怎么了
Well, h-he was, um...
他...
kind of tied up, uh, with work.
有工作要忙
You're not coming with me, are you?
你不跟我走了 是吗
On the grand tour?
环球旅行吗
Nah, I can't. I --
不 我不能 我...
This is where I belong.
我属于这里
Well, Henry's lucky to have you.
亨利真幸运能有你
I really was looking forward to being husband number 5.
我真的很期待能成为你第五任丈夫
Oh, Abe.
亚伯
You know you've always been number 1.
你知道你一直都在第一位
Our body feels pain to warn us of danger.
我们的身体通过感知疼痛来警示危险
But it also reminds us we're alive,
但同时也提醒着我们还活着
that we can still feel.
我们还能去感受
That's why some of us seek it out...
这也是为什么有人去追寻感受痛苦
...while others choose to numb it.
而有人则选择了麻木对待
Solitude has always been my analgesic of choice.
独处一直都是我的镇痛剂
But what if feeling nothing is the worst pain of all?
但要是毫无感受才是痛中之痛呢
What if the sharing of pain connects us to others
要是分担痛苦将我们互相联系起来
and reminds us that none of us is alone
并提醒我们 只要我们还能感受世界
as long as we can feel?
就不会孤单
You came.
你来了
Well, I was in the neighborhood, and, uh...
我就住在这附近
Hey, doctor, doctor. Come on, grab a seat.
医生 医生 来 请坐
What is your poison?
来杯什么
Cognac -- older, the better.
白兰地 年份越老越好
Got it.
明白
When you asked about my scar,
你当时问我的伤疤
the reason I didn't tell you was --
我之所以没告诉你是因为...
No, listen, I'm sorry.
不 我很抱歉
I didn't -- I didn't mean to pry.
我不是 我不是故意要打听的
No, it's...
不
I want you to know the story.
我想把那段往事告诉你
I was shot.
我被枪击了
Shut the front door!
开什么玩笑
He's here! Look at that!
你居然来了 看啊
Sorry. I totally just violated your personal space.
抱歉 我刚彻底地侵犯了你的私人空间
One might argue that was long overdue.
也许某人会说这一天真是姗姗来迟
Of course, one would be wrong.
当然 每个人都会有犯错的时候
And here's your little fancy-pants drink, doc.
你华丽丽的酒 医生
Henry Morgan having a drink with the old gang?
亨利·摩根跟大伙儿一块喝酒
Never thought I'd live to see the day.
从没想过我能活着见到这一天
Well, you live long enough, anything is possible.
你要是活得够久 就没有什么是不可能的
Cheers to that, right?
为这句话干一杯
Cheers. Absolutely.
干杯 当然了
Hey, you're behind. Drink that up.
你来晚了 这杯喝了
Come on. We're three in at this point.
来喝酒 我们人终于来齐了