Appearance
$100? Very generous of you, Mary.
一百美金 你可真慷慨啊 玛丽
It's been a good night.
今晚过得很愉快
Want me to get you a cab?
需要我帮你叫辆车吗
No, I'll just grab one up the street.
我自己在街上随便拦一辆就好了
I'll see you later.
再见
Seems we've found the culprit of Mr. Sherman's fate.
看来我们找到了谢尔曼先生的死因
Pulmonary hypertension and arteriosclerosis.
肺动脉高血压 动脉硬化
So a heart attack.
心脏病发作
Another one. Pretty lame.
又一个心脏病 真无聊
I'm sure Mr. Sherman agrees.
我相信谢尔曼先生也这么认为
What exactly were you expecting?
你在期待什么呢
I don't know! You know, action.
我也不清楚 动作激情吧
Like we open him up,
比如说我们把他切开
and a giant, bloodsucking alien emerges
然后一个巨大的吸血外星人出现
and escapes the lab and tries to attack Manhattan.
然后逃出实验室 想要毁掉整个曼哈顿
Something like that. I don't know.
大概就是那样吧
Isn't ordinary death exciting enough for you?
是不是普通的死亡已经没法满足你了
Perhaps you've become desensitized
也许是你看太多漫画
with all your little comics.
导致你变得如此不敏感
Graphic novels, doc.
那是漫画小说 医生
Hello?
你好
Detective Martinez. Hi.
马丁内兹警探 你好
How's it-- sorry. Yes. He's here.
你怎... 不好意思 是的 他在这里
Okay.
好的
Jo needs you at the station.
乔需要你去警察局一趟
Cops got a weird package they want you to look at.
他们收到了一个奇怪的包裹想让你看看
Not sure what use an M.E. will be.
不知道一个法医能派上什么用场
Sounds like a matter better suited to a bomb squad.
感觉防爆小队去了会更好
She says the package is bleeding.
她说那个包裹在流血
I don't suppose this gift came with any sort of note?
我猜这份礼物里面没有便签吧
No, seems like somebody
没有 看上去是有人
just came in last night and left it.
昨晚潜进来把它放在那里的
Yeah. On my desk.
是啊 放在我桌子上
Cameras didn't see anything.
监控摄像什么都没拍到
Is that a...?
那是个
Human heart.
人类的心脏
Now that's what I'm talking about.
我刚刚说的就是这种的
Murder is never an easy thing to look at.
谋杀永远不是一件可以轻易对待的事
When you examine the body of a victim,
当你给死者验尸的时候
you don't see a reflection of their life,
你看到的不是他们人生的映照
but the person who took it.
而是夺走他们生命的人
You see whether the killer felt anger
你看到杀手是否觉得愤怒
or betrayal,
或者被背叛
or worse...
甚至更糟
if they felt nothing at all.
他们毫无感觉
Hey, I brought you some wet-naps.
我给你拿了几张湿纸巾
Thanks.
谢谢
You know,
说起来
most guys who kill a person want to get away with it, right?
大多数杀人凶手都会想着逍遥法外 对吧
- Yeah. - So if you cut someone's heart out,
没错 那当你把某人的心脏切下来
why send it to the cops?
为什么把它寄给警察呢
To impress you.
为了让你记住他
Crying out for attention like a child.
就像一个哭着求关注的小孩
Son of Sam, BTK.
山姆之子 BTK[皆为美国著名的连环杀手]
Just like our killer, they were all psychopaths.
他们和我们的凶手一样 都是精神病患者
And they all contacted the police at some point.
并且他们都在某个时间段联系过警方
Which is also how they managed to get themselves caught.
这也是他们之所以被抓的原因
Did you learn anything from the heart?
你在心脏上有什么发现吗
Unfortunately, none of the killer's DNA or fingerprints
很不幸 凶手的DNA和指纹
were on the package or the heart itself.
都没有留在包裹或者心脏上
The most I can tell you is that it was expertly cut out
我能告诉你的 就是这个心脏
three to five days ago.
是三到五天前被人用专业手法切下的
And judging by the vital reaction of the organ,
根据器官的活体反应
it seems that
看起来
she was still alive when it was removed.
当心脏被切下的时候 她还活着
"She." So the victim's female.
"她" 所以死者是名女性
25 to 30 years old.
25至30岁
Relatively healthy, I would say.
我认为她相对比较健康
But without a body, it's hard to tell anything more.
但是没有尸体 无法得出更多结论
Jo, check out the files in all 25 to 30-year-old women
乔 检查一下最近五天内
that have gone missing in the last five days.
所有25至30岁失踪女性的档案
So far we've got four girls who fit the description.
有四名女性符合描述
First one's Amanda Turner,
第一位是阿曼达·特纳
reported missing three days ago.
三天前被报告失踪
27 years old.
27岁
But she looks closer to 37.
但她看起来像37岁
Lines on her face most likely due to smoking, I suspect.
脸上的皱纹应该是抽烟导致的
Heart was too healthy to be hers.
她的心脏不可能这么健康
Oh, this is our winner right here-- Kimber Raynalds.
看看这位 金伯·雷诺兹
Look at her: 29, personal trainer.
看看她 29岁 私人教练
Nope, dark circles under her eyes
不是她 她的黑眼圈
suggest she has an iron deficiency.
表明她缺铁
Blood work showed no signs of anemia.
但是血液检测并未发现任何贫血症状
You can tell a lot by looking in a person's eyes.
从一个人的眼睛你可以知道很多东西
Really? What do my eyes tell you?
真的吗 看我的眼睛你能知道什么
Okay, what about this one? Laurie Pettyfore.
好吧 那这位呢 劳里·派迪福
She's an N.Y.U. student reported missing
纽约大学在读学生
by her college roommate.
室友上报了她的失踪
And she's got a rap sheet from two years ago.
而且两年前还有过前科档案
Arrested for solicitation under the name "Mary Kelly."
因为公开卖淫被捕 当时的化名是玛丽·凯利
Mary kelly.
玛丽·凯利
This hooker a friend of yours, doc?
医生 这个妓女是你的朋友吗
No.
不是
I just knew someone by the same name once.
我只是从前认识一个和她同名的人
She certainly fits the description.
她很符合描述
And, historically speaking,
而且 根据过往经验
prostitutes have always been an easy target for killers.
妓女总是很容易被杀手们盯上
Yeah, check her phone and financial records.
查一下她的手机和财务记录
Find out where this girl was last seen.
找出这姑娘最后出现在什么地方
I'm sorry. She-she doesn't look familiar.
不好意思 她看起来不是很眼熟
You sure?
你确定吗
According to her credit cards,
根据她的信用卡记录
she took a cab here three nights ago.
三天前的晚上她在这搭了一辆出租车
Well, I was on duty,
是我当班
but I don't remember seeing her.
但我不记得见过她
I find that hard to believe.
我很难相信你的话
Part of your duty as a doorman is remembering faces.
门房的其中一个职责就是记住面孔
So, either you're terrible at your job, or you're lying.
要么是你不称职 要么就是你在说谎
Neither option too flattering.
哪个都不算好事
Look, we know she was a call girl.
我们知道她是个妓女
And she probably tips you pretty well
她可能给了你很多小费
to keep her secret from cops like us.
让你在我们警察面前保守秘密
But we're not looking to bust her.
但我们不是来抓她的
She was reported missing.
她被报告失踪了
God, is Mary all right?
天呐 玛丽没事吧
So you did see her that night?
这么说那晚你的确见过她
She seem upset? Freaked out at all?
她看起来不安吗 害怕吗
No, she seemed fine when she left --
没有 她离开的时候看起来很正常
Round 2, I think.
大概两点左右 我记得
Tipped me like usual
像以往一样给我小费
and went to catch a cab up the street.
然后到街边拦了一辆出租车
Did you see which direction she was headed?
你看到她往那个方向去了吗
Yeah, the same way your buddy's headed.
是的 就是你们伙计去的方向
Henry?
亨利
Henry!
亨利
Henry!
亨利
Can you see me?
能看见我吗
No!
看不见
Neither could our victim.
死者也看不到
This spot is completely concealed,
这个地点非常隐蔽
and yet it offers a perfect view to the hotel.
却又能把整个酒店一览无余
Well, no one saw anything suspicious,
没有人看见可疑的事
which means the killer
这就说明凶手
must have gotten her out of sight fast.
很快就把她带离视野之外
A freight elevator --
一部货梯
hydraulic powered, counter-balance pull.
液压发电 平衡牵引
This machinery has all the cutting-edge technology of the 1890s.
这机器拥有的都是19世纪90年代的尖端技术
Yeah, too bad that didn't come with security cameras.
是啊 很可惜没配监控摄像机
You think the guy dragged her in here?
你认为那个人把她拖到这里来了吗
Wouldn't someone have heard her scream?
难道不会有人听到她尖叫吗
She never had the chance to scream.
她根本没机会尖叫
He slammed her up against these bricks.
他把她摔在这些砖块上
The wall is littered with these dress beads.
墙上还夹着她裙子的亮片
There's no blood anywhere,
没发现血迹
so the killer must have parked a car nearby,
凶手一定是把车停在附近
took her someplace secluded.
把她带到了很隐蔽的地方
He wouldn't have taken her just anywhere.
他不会是随便带她去一个什么地方
He had a plan.
他有计划
Wherever it was,
不管是什么地方
it was somewhere special, significant.
一定是一个很特别 很显眼的地方
Henry.
亨利
Henry, what is it?
亨利 又怎么了
We're here.
我们到了
This is the place he took her.
他带她到这里来了
"Dorset brothers fine meats and sausages"?
"多赛特兄弟的优质肉类和香肠"
The killer didn't just pick some girl at random.
凶手不是随机挑选的女孩
He found a prostitute --
他找了一个妓女
A prostitute by the name of Mary Kelly.
一个叫玛丽·凯利的妓女
He's been toying with us,
他在捉弄我们
copying from the start.
一开始就在模仿
Wait. W-who's he copying?
等等 模仿谁
Appreciate you coming down, Dr. Morgan.
十分感谢你能来 摩根医生
See, ever since the damn papers
自从那该死的报纸
started reporting these murders,
开始报道这些谋杀案
we've had a string of copycats.
就出现了一连串的模仿者
It's getting hard to tell the real killer from the fakes.
已经很难分辨出哪个才是真正的凶手
But our real killer --
但我们真正的凶手
He knows the ins and outs of a body,
他很熟悉人体的构造
and he usually takes part of the victims with him.
他通常会带走被害者的一个器官
So we need someone who knows about anatomy
所以我们需要一个懂解剖学的人
to take a look at the girl,
来看看这个姑娘
see if anything's missing.
看是否有缺少器官
And as it happens,
既然如此
the only people with that expertise
拥有这项技能的人
are doctors and butchers.
就只有医生和屠夫
And the butcher was busy, so...
屠夫通常很忙 所以...
Oh, how flattering.
真会说话
Been a doctor long?
做医生很久了吗
For a few years now.
有些年头了
Good. Then you've got a strong stomach.
很好 那你的胃一定很坚强
Looks like Jack the Ripper.
开膛手杰克的风格
We're talking major crowd control.
我们说的是控制主要人群
I need every additional unit you can spare.
我需要你能提供的所有附加小组
Have any of the press gotten in here yet?
有记者来过了吗
No, and we're trying to keep it that way.
没有 我们正尽量不让消息外泄
So we've got a copycat killer on our hands?
这么说这是一个模仿犯了
A studious one.
很努力的一位
I've never seen a copycat
我从未见过一个模仿犯
with this level of precision before.
能模仿得如此精确
The man who did this
这案子的凶手
must have studied the original crime for hours,
一定对原始案件研习了很久
down to the last tiny detail.
精确到细枝末节
Every element of this body
这具尸体的每一处都跟
mirrors Jack the Ripper's murder of Mary Kelly in 1888.
1888年开膛手杰克对玛丽·凯利做的一模一样
She was the last and most brutal of his crimes.
她是最后一个 也是死状最残忍的一个被害人
Cops catch the guy after that?
警察后来抓到他了吗
No.
没有
It's for you.
找你的
Hello?
你好
Hello, Henry.
你好啊 亨利
It's been a while.
有一段时间没联系了
We're the same, you and I.
我们是一样的 你和我
We share the same pain, same curse, same affliction.
我们有一样的痛苦 诅咒和折磨
Tell me, what are you looking at right now?
告诉我 你现在在看什么
It's hard to put into words.
很难用言语描述
I imagine seeing a girl
我想看见一个女孩
cut up the same way that Mary Kelly was.
以玛丽·凯利被杀的同一种手法被开膛破肚
It's enough to make you nostalgic.
这足以让你怀旧一下了
How could you possibly know that?
你怎么可能知道这件事
Word hasn't even got out to the papers.
记者们都没有收到一点风声呢
Some news travels fast.
总有一些消息传播得很快
Henry, you still with me?
亨利 你还在听吗
You seem familiar with this case.
你看起来很熟悉这个案子
Were you in London during that time?
你当时也在伦敦吗
Yes, as a matter of fact.
是的 的确如此
It was an exciting place to be.
伦敦是个令人兴奋的地方
Everyone reading the paper,
人人都读着报纸
talking about Jack's latest victim.
谈论着杰克手下的最后一个死者
Police back then --
那时的警察啊...
you were never able to catch him.
不可能抓住他的
I hope you have better luck this time around.
希望这次你的运气能好一点
Bad news --
坏消息
it's a burner.
这是预付手机
Am I supposed to know what that means?
这是什么意思
It means it's disposable.
意思是这是一次性的
There's no way to trace it back to the caller.
没办法追踪到打电话的人
Didn't he tell you anything about himself?
他有和你说什么关于他自己的事吗
He was incredibly vague, as usual.
他和往常一样含糊其辞
But he did claim
但他确实说了
to be in London during the original murders.
原始案件发生时他在伦敦
Wait. You don't think...?
等等 你不会是认为...
I don't know what to think.
我都不知道该怎么想了
I mean, I know it sounds absurd --
我知道这听起来很荒谬
I'm in Lucas-land, but --
我有可能是疯了 但是...
let's consider it for a moment.
让我们这么设想一下
The police never did catch Jack in London.
警察一直没在伦敦抓到杰克
The body that we found today --
今天我们发现的那具尸体...
it's hard to imagine that a copycat
很难想像一个模仿犯
could have reproduced that scene in such precise detail.
能将那一幕的细节重现地这么精准
I take it you haven't shared this theory with the police?
我猜你还没将这套理论说给警察听吧
Uh, no.
没有
I've had my fair share of padded white rooms,
我受够了垫着棉花垫的白房间了
thank you very much.
谢谢你的提醒
If Adam did this,
假如这是亚当干的
I'm afraid we're gonna have to track him down ourselves.
恐怕我们就得靠我们自己捉住他了
I'm afraid to ask how.
我想问问具体要怎么操作呢
With this.
用这个
It's a shard from the handle of the murder weapon.
这是凶器柄上的碎片
Judging by the cuts on the victim,
根据死者身上的刀口看
I'd say the killer used a Liston knife.
我觉得凶手是用了一把里斯顿刀
It's an extremely rare surgical tool.
那是非常罕见的外科手术用具
There are only about 100 left in existence.
如今现存的只有大约一百把
To get his hands on an antique like that,
要想得到这么一把古董刀
the killer would have had to go to a special-antiques dealer.
凶手就得去找一位卖特殊古董的商人
Someone say, like... the Frenchman.
比如说...法国佬
Well, yes. And, well, be --
好吧 还有 要...
be sure to give the Frenchman my regards.
一定要向法国佬致以我的问候
No, please, Abe. Oh, no.
不要啊 拜托了 亚伯 不行
You're bound to have more luck than I.
你的运气一定比我好
You're both antique dealers.
你俩都是古董商人
I know you think the Frenchman is eccentric.
我知道你觉得法国佬古古怪怪的
Yeah, well, that -- wrong word, "eccentric".
是的 但用错词了 "古古怪怪的"
"Creepy" is more like it.
说"诡异"更确切一些
Please.
拜托了
Loo-- aren't you gonna come with me?
听着 你不和我一起来吗
No.
不
I've got my own share of creepiness to be dealing with.
我有自己的诡异的事要处理
Come on, then.
那就过来吧
You can get a closer look at her at the morgue.
你可以在停尸间近看她
With your permission, inspector,
假如您允许的话 探长
I'd like to stay.
我希望留在这里
There's a great deal more to be learned about this killer
关于这个凶手 通过观察现场
by observing the scene.
还有许多可以研究的
All due respect,
恕我直言
that's a matter for us detectives, not doctors.
那是我们警探的工作 不是医生的
Well, but...
好吧 但是...
what are doctors but detectives?
那什么又是医生的工作 不是警探的呢
We study a body and form a diagnosis.
我们研究尸体 得出推断
Look, do you see the way the blood spatter landed?
看 你看见血洒落到地上的方式了吗
Well, that means he split her artery first.
那意味着他先割开了她的动脉
And there's a post-mortem bruise
这边还有一个死后形成的瘀伤
in the shape of the killer's hand on her neck.
就在她脖子上 还留着凶手的手印
The hand is bigger than average,
这只手比常人的大
which means the killer is likely to be of a larger stature.
意味着凶手可能是个大个子
I mean, this room is littered with medical clues.
这间房子里满是医学上的线索
If you give me time to decipher them,
假如你给我时间破译它们
I'm sure I can paint
我相信我可以得到更确凿的
a more conclusive portrait of your killer.
你的这位凶手的肖像
Okay. See what you can find.
好吧 看看你能发现什么
So, Mary's roommate gave us a copy of her client list.
玛丽的室友给了我们一份她的客户名单
We're going through it now.
我们现在正在排查名单
Did you find any prints?
你找到什么指纹了吗
None.
没有
I'm afraid there isn't much i can tell you about this killer,
关于这个凶手恐怕我没什么能告诉你的
Except that he was too smart to leave anything behind.
除了一点 他非常聪明 没有留下一丝痕迹
Well, that's the frustrating thing about psychopaths.
这就是精神病患者令人沮丧之处了
You got to wait for them to make a mistake.
你得等着他们犯错
Unfortunately, Jack the Ripper didn't make any mistakes.
不幸的是 开膛手杰克没有犯过任何错
Neither did our killer.
我们的这位凶手也没有
I've been comparing the body
我一直在将尸体
to the original crime notes on the case.
与原始案件的现场笔记对比
I'm sorry -- you just happen to have
抱歉...你是说你刚好
a copy of the original crime notes?
有一份原始案件的笔记吗
Well, before Jack The Ripper,
开膛手杰克出现之前
medical examiners didn't exist.
不存在验尸官这个职业
It was the birth of our profession.
那是我们职业的起源
Anyone who slices open a body should study it.
是所有法医必须研读的内容
And, by the looks of things,
而且从现在的情况看
our killer studied it, too.
凶手也研读了这些内容
Every nick, every cut, is exactly where it should be.
每道刻痕 每个切口的位置都一模一样
Six-inch sternum incision, femur dislocation,
六英寸胸骨切口 股骨脱位
Even the wrist laceration --
连手腕裂伤...
seems to be a defensive mark on her wrist.
像她手腕的防卫标志
Three inches wide in the shape of a s--
宽三英寸呈...状
Afternoon. Mr. Keely, Manchester Herald.
下午好 基利先生 曼切斯特先驱报
Get him out of here!
把他赶出去
That cut on her wrist,
她手腕的切口
did you say it was in the shape of a star?
你刚才说是呈星状吗
It's not him.
不是他
The killer isn't Jack The Ripper.
凶手不是开膛手杰克
Well, yeah, he has been dead
没错 他已经死了
for probably a hundred years now.
大概一百年了
What did you find?
你发现什么了
A mistake.
一个错误
The original Mary Kelly had a cut on her wrist
原型玛丽·凯利手腕的切口
in the shape of a semicircle.
呈半圆状
But one newspaper, the Manchester Herald,
但有个报社 曼切斯特先驱报
wrongly reported it as a star.
错误报道那是星状
Yeah, so our killer probably read that article on the Internet.
所以凶手可能在网上读了那篇报道
Possibly.
有这个可能性
But the Manchester Herald folded in 1889.
但曼切斯特先驱报1889年就倒闭了
It's unlikely there would be any online copies.
不太可能会有网上的报道
In fact, there is only one place in the city
事实上 城里只有一个地方
that might have their records.
会有当时的记录
Do we need a warrant?
我们需要申请搜查令吗
No, just a library card.
不用 有借书证就行
Always loved the smell in here.
一直很喜欢这里的味道
Though I'm a bit dismayed it's practically empty.
虽然我有点失望 因为这里变得很空了
Yeah, well, most people get their info online these days.
没错 现在很多人都是上网获取信息
After the stock-market crash in '29,
自从1929年股市崩溃后
people used to huddle in here during the winters.
冬天的时候人们都涌到这里来
Henry. You got to focus.
亨利 专心点
We're supposed to be looking for the name of our killer.
我们是来这里找出凶手的名字的
Okay. Right here. Check it out.
好 就在这 过来看
1889, Manchester Herald.
1889年 曼切斯特先驱报
It was checked out a month ago by Freddy Abberline.
一个月前被弗雷迪·亚伯莱恩借走了
Name's a fake -- Frederick Abberline
名字是假的...弗雷德里克·亚伯莱恩
was the original inspector on the Jack The Ripper case.
是最初负责开膛手杰克案的督察
Although, I doubt he ever went by "Freddy."
虽然我怀疑他是否有用过"弗雷迪"这个名字
Well, if that's the case, we've got nothing to go on.
如果是那样的话 这条线索就断了
Nothing except for his atrocious penmanship.
除了他难看的笔迹
And, oddly enough, there's a man on this list
而说来也奇怪 这个名单上有个人
who signs his name exactly same way.
签名的笔迹跟他一模一样
"J. Ellroy."
"J·埃洛尔"
Checked out the 1947 edition of the Los Angeles Times
今早九点四十分借走了1947出版的
this morning at 9:40 a.m. and...
洛杉矶时报 而且...
he hasn't returned it yet.
他还没有归还
He's still here.
他还在这里
Okay, anybody look like a murderous psychopath
这里哪个人长得像会杀人
who would cut out somebody's heart?
还会把人的心脏切出来的精神病患者
Well, that's hard to tell.
好吧 很难说
Evil like that usually lurks on the inside.
那样的魔鬼一般藏在内心深处
That's true, but I like the suspect who runs.
没错 不过我喜欢逃跑的疑犯
I'm glad you decided to keep the phone.
我很高兴你把手机留下来了
I'm afraid now's not really a good time to talk.
我恐怕现在没什么时间跟你聊
Hands behind your back! Interlace your fingers!
双手放在身后 手指交叉
Sorry to intrude.
抱歉打扰你了
I'm sure you're diligently working on police business.
我知道你在努力帮警察破案
I just thought you should know you missed something.
我只是打来告诉你你遗漏了什么
What do you mean?
你在说什么
At the crime scene.
案发现场
The killer left something behind.
凶手留下了线索
You're at the crime scene?
你在案发现场吗
Just wanted to help out.
我只是想帮忙
Extra set of eyeballs.
多了双眼睛
Couldn't resist seeing your killer's homage.
忍不住来看凶手的致敬现场
But it seems he is not just copying The Ripper.
但他看起来不止模仿开膛手
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
He's got an appreciation for other murderers, as well.
他同时还欣赏别的凶手
He left a clue to tell you who he'll be copying next.
他留下线索告诉你他下一个要模仿谁
Can you guess what it is?
你能猜到是什么吗
The Black Dahlia.
黑色大丽花
Very good, Henry.
非常好 亨利
Hello.
你好
I need to speak with the Frenchman.
我需要跟法国佬谈谈
Abraham.
亚伯拉罕
What a lovely surprise.
多棒的惊喜
Just in time to see my latest find --
恰好来看看我最新的发现...
antique handcuffs all the way from Sing Sing.
新新监狱的古董手铐
You intend to arrest somebody later?
你一会儿打算逮捕谁吗
Depends. You free for dinner?
看情况 你有空一起吃晚饭吗
Uh, that's very tempting.
令人难以拒绝
But actually, I'm here on business.
不过我来是为了公事
I have a client who's interested in a Liston knife.
我有个客户对里斯顿刀感兴趣
So much for love.
对你的爱到此为止
I had one,
我有一把
but I think I sold it two weeks ago.
不过我想我在两周前已经把它卖掉了
Uh, to whom?
卖给谁了
Discretion is my business.
我一向做事谨慎
You know I don't kiss and tell.
你知道我不会多嘴的
Pardon me,
抱歉
but the gentleman in the corner
角落那位先生
would like to negotiate the price on the medieval mace.
想跟您谈一下那把中世纪权杖的价格
Let me know if you change your mind for dinner.
如果你改变主意要和我共进晚餐 告诉我
Why I am here?
为什么带我来警局
Library cracking down on late fees or something?
图书馆开始实施滞纳金措施了吗
We'd like to ask you a few questions
就你的阅读兴趣
about your reading habits.
我们想问你几个问题
You check out a lot books on Jack the Ripper, Mary Kelly.
你看过很多有关开膛手杰克和玛丽·凯利的书
So? I was doing research.
那又怎样 我是在做研究
Oh, I-I believe that.
这点我相信
We found the girl you cut up.
我们发现一个被你肢解的女孩
You must have studied that Jack the Ripper case for hours.
你一定在开膛手杰克的案件上钻研了很久
Hold on. You think I did this?
等等 你觉得这是我做的
I'm not a murderer. I'm a writer.
我不是杀人犯 我是个作家
Th-- those books, the newspaper articles,
那些书 那些报刊文章
those were all for the latest edition of "Soul Slasher."
都是为了最新一期的《碎魂者》而看的
You've never heard of it?
你没听说过吗
No, I cannot say that I have.
没 没听说过
Well, it's a graphic novel about this character, Soul Slasher.
碎魂者是连环画小说里的角色
He's sort of a demon
他是一个亘古以来
that inspires killers throughout time.
激励杀人犯的恶魔
My whole last series was on Jack the Ripper.
我上一个系列的故事都是讲开膛手杰克的
Okay, let me ask you --
好 那我来问你
Do you always carry a bone saw with you when you write?
每当写作时 你都会带着一把骨锯吗
It's all part of the process.
那都是写作过程的一部分
I like to get in the mind of the killer.
我得代入杀人犯的角色
But that doesn't make me an actual killer.
但这并不代表我就是个真正的杀人犯
If that's the case,
如果真如你所说
why did you run when we approached you?
那我们接近你时 你为什么要跑
You never said you were cops.
你们没说自己是警察
I thought you were fans.
我以为你们是我的书迷
See, they're always showing up.
他们总是出现在我周围
At my home, my publisher's.
在我家 还有出版商那
They even follow me on the subway.
他们甚至跟着我进地铁
You sound like you're afraid of them?
你好像很怕他们
Yeah, well, believe me,
是的 相信我
if you saw some of the things they post on the fan page,
如果你看到他们在书迷留言区的留言
you'd be scared, too.
你也会害怕的
They write poems, fantasies.
他们写诗歌 一些幻想
Some of them even say they've killed people.
有的甚至说他们杀了人
You think it's possible one of them actually them did this?
你觉得他们中的谁真的杀了人有可能吗
I hope so.
但愿如此
I mean, not to sound terrible, but a real-life murderer
不是吓你 但如果有一个杀人犯
basing his crimes on the killers from my books?
在现实生活中参照我的书来犯案
You can't buy that kind of publicity.
这种宣传可是花钱也买不到的
Please be careful.
请小心翻阅
These are part of my private collection.
这些可都是我的私人珍藏
I almost never take them out of their plastic covers.
我几乎从不把它们从塑胶封中取出
Hard to believe there are sick weirdos
真不敢相信居然有不正常的怪人
who actually read this stuff.
真的阅读这种刊物
Excuse me. Don't judge until you've given it a try.
抱歉 请阅读后再下结论
The plots are actually great,
情节真的很不错
and the medical stuff's pretty accurate, too.
医学方面也相当地精准
It's more than accurate.
是过于精准
With this book, a fan could have easily committed this crime.
有了这本书 书迷就能轻易地犯罪
It's practically a step-by-step guide.
这本漫画几乎就是详细步骤指南
Look!
快看
The star on Mary Kelly's arm.
玛丽·凯利手臂上的星星图案
Lieutenant Reece, it's for you.
里斯长官 这是给你的
Simon said his fans post pledges to kill
西蒙说他的书迷以碎魂者之名
in the name of Soul Slasher.
在留言区上誓言要杀人
We got to keep monitoring that fan page
在凶手有机会再次犯案之前
before he has a chance to kill again.
我们要一直监视书迷留言区
It's too late. They found another mutilated body.
太迟了 又发现了一具肢解尸体
Looks like she was sawed in half across the abdomen,
看來死者从腹部被一切两半
exactly like the Black Dahlia.
正如黑色大丽花一案一样
We're standing in the middle of the park.
我们站在公园的正中央
Our killer had to carry her in.
凶手必须得把她运进来
Hey, fan out. Look for a blood trail.
都分散开 找找血迹
They won't find one.
他们找不到任何血迹的
All the blood was drained from her body
因为尸体被扔到这里之前
before it was dumped here.
她体内的血已经被抽干了
I hate to sound all "Silence of the Lambs," here,
我不想说这很像《沉默的羔羊》
but she's got something in her mouth.
但她的嘴里有东西
Nylon.
尼龙
In the '60s, there was a serial killer
六十年代有一个连环杀手
who broke into women's homes.
他闯入女子的家中
He strangled them with a stocking,
用长筒袜勒死她们
and then he tied it into a bow.
然后把系成一个蝴蝶结
Yeah, the Boston Strangler.
那是波士顿杀人王
"Soul Slasher" comics, issue 37.
《碎魂者》漫画 第37期
So, our killer already picked out his next crime.
看来凶手已经选好了下一次作案手法
We got to get ahead of this guy.
我们要赶在他下手之前找到他
Have there been any new postings
《碎魂者》的书迷留言区
on the Soul Slasher fan page?
有任何新留言吗
Not yet, but we're keeping a close eye on it.
还没 但是我们会一直密切关注
All right, in the meantime, I want you to talk to
与此同时 我要你去询问
all the shop owners at the entrances of the park.
公园所有入口处的店家
Find out if they've seen anything suspicious.
看看他们是否见过可疑人物
There appears to be a pair of boot prints here.
这好像是靴子的鞋印
Yeah, but we can't be sure these are the killer's.
是 但我们无法肯定这是属于凶手的
Doc, a lot of people walk through
医生 这个公园里
this part of the park all of the time.
有很多人出出进进
Most people aren't carrying an extra 120 pounds of dead weight.
但没人会带着110斤重的尸体
These prints are much deeper than the rest.
这些脚印比其他的都更深陷
It appears he also left something behind.
显然他还落下了一样东西
Wow, a leaf in a park. Imagine that.
公园里的一片叶子 想想看
Except this tree doesn't grow here.
但是这种树并不种在这里
Abe, we found this leaf near a body.
亚伯 我们在一具尸体旁发现这片叶子
It's a ginkgo biloba.
是银杏叶
There are no trees like it anywhere in McGolrick Park.
麦克格瑞克公园里没有这种树
In fact, the only neighborhood where you find gingko trees
事实上 附近只有卡罗尔花园
is in Carroll Gardens.
才会种银杏树
Well, at least we know the killer's from Brooklyn.
至少我们知道凶手是由布鲁克林来的
That's something.
算是有点进展了
True, it gives us his location.
没错 这告诉了我们凶手所在地
But it's of little use without a name.
但不知道他的名字也没什么用
Did you find any information from the Frenchman's ledger?
你从法国佬的账簿里面找到什么了吗
No.
没有
I thought all the customer's names were just in Japanese.
我以为所有客人的名字都是用日文写的
But when I translate it, the letters don't make any sense.
但是我翻译之后发现这些词汇完全没有意义
She must be using some kind of code.
她一定用了某种密码
I don't suppose you could ask her nicely for the name?
我想你不会好声好气地去问她要这些名字
And admit I stole her ledger?
同时承认我偷了她的账簿
Henry, that woman owns a sword collection.
亨利 那个女人收藏了一整套剑
Yes, fair point. Let me have a look.
好吧 让我看看
Hello?
你好
Hey, we got a hit on the Soul Slasher's fan page.
我们在《碎魂者》的书迷留言区上发现了些东西
So far, we've got 20 fans
到现在为止 有二十个粉丝称
who claim The Soul Slasher helped them kill the Black Dahlia.
碎魂者指导他们杀了黑色大丽花
There seems to be a lot of suspects.
嫌疑人似乎很多
Yeah. The clock is ticking.
没错 时间紧迫
If we don't narrow down this list fast,
如果我们不快点缩小嫌疑人范围
we're gonna have another dead body on our hands.
我们会发现另一具死尸
Do any of the fans live in Brooklyn?
这些粉丝中有住在布鲁克林的吗
E.S.U. is approaching the house.
紧急小组接近目标
Okay, according to the computer,
根据电脑显示
the suspect is online right now.
嫌疑人现在正在线
Copy that.
收到
Hands up!
举起手来
Down on the ground! On the ground now!
趴到地上 立刻趴到地上
What the hell?! What's going on?!
搞什么 怎么回事
Suspect is in custody.
嫌疑人已被控制
E.S.U. Is slapping the cuffs on him now.
紧急小组正在给他上手铐
Will somebody tell me what the hell is going on.
有没有人能告诉我这是怎么回事
Hanson, the computer says the suspect's still typing.
汉森 电脑显示嫌疑人还在打字
What the hell is going on here?!
这到底是怎么回事
Who else is in this house?
还有谁在这房子里
What the hell do you want?
你们想干什么
Your father's outside, and your mother's on her way.
你父亲在外面 你母亲在赶来的路上
Now, I can ask them to come in
如果你想让他们在场
if you'd like them to be present.
我可以让他们进来
No, I'd rather keep this between us.
不用 我更想这只有我们俩
I-it's much more intimate that way.
这样更加亲密
Besides, I'm 18.
另外 我十八了
Legally, I think that makes me a grownup.
法律上来说 我已经成年了
It does.
没错
It also means you can be tried as an adult.
这也意外着你会被当做成年人来审判
You're looking at a double life sentence.
你可能面临的是无期徒刑
Yeah. I don't think this is ever gonna go to trial.
是 但我觉得我绝不会上法庭的
But I am flattered that you brought me in as a suspect.
但很荣幸 你们把我列为嫌疑人
I mean, when word of this hits the fan page,
当消息传到书迷留言区
my cred with the Soul Slasher group is gonna explode.
我在碎魂者群的可信度将会爆棚
Well, I'm glad you mentioned the fan page,
我很高兴你提到书迷留言区
because you've had some interesting posts lately.
因为你最近发了些有趣的帖子
"Just spent the evening with the Black Dahlia.
"刚和黑色大丽花度过了一个晚上
And when I left, she had a big, old smile on her face."
当我离开时 她大张着嘴笑了"
So? I mean, that's just a blog post.
然后呢 这只是一个博客帖子
If you want to arrest me, don't you need something more?
如果要逮捕我 你不是需要更多证据吗
Like DNA? A murder weapon?
比方说DNA 杀人凶器
But I'm guessing you don't have any of that, do you?
但是我猜你什么都没有 是吧
No, no, no, please. You listen to me, okay?
不不不 听我说
I know technically he's an adult,
我知道理论上来说他是成年人
but he's still my kid.
但是他只是我的孩子
I have I don't want to hear it!
我 我不想听
I just want to see my son.
我只想见我的儿子
Devin is not interested in seeing anyone, not even his lawyer.
戴文现在谁都不想见 甚至也不想见律师
And you must be so proud of yourself.
你现在一定感到特别骄傲
Kendall, you can't blame this on me --
肯德尔 你不能把这件事怪罪在我身上
You're the one who bought him those stupid comic books,
是你给他买了那些愚蠢的漫画书
took him to see scary movies,
带他去看恐怖电影
let him spend all day with that fan page.
允许他一整天都泡在书迷留言区
Okay, lots of kids read comic books, Kendall.
很多孩子都看漫画书 肯德尔
That doesn't make them killers.
但这也没让他们成为杀人犯
Your son has an obsession with violence and murder,
你儿子是沉迷于暴力和谋杀
that much you can thank your husband for.
这点你可以怪罪于你丈夫
But Devin's targets are women,
但是戴文的杀害对象是女性
which means a particular woman in his life
这代表着他生命中某个特别的女人
did something traumatic to trigger his killing spree.
对他造成了心理创伤激发了他的杀戮心
Okay, our son is not a monster!
我们的儿子不是个怪物
Well, if he did this, I'm afraid he is.
如果他是凶手 恐怕他就是了
Listen, you --
听着 你
Mr. Bentley, please calm down.
本特利先生 请冷静
I will not calm down!
我怎么冷静
What has Devin told you?
戴文跟你说了什么
H-has he been charged with anything?
你们用什么来起诉他
Because you turned our home upside down.
因为你搜遍了我们家
I'd like to know exactly what you found.
我想要知道你到底找到了什么
Mr. Bentley, this case is ongoing.
本特利先生 案子还在进行
But we can tell you this --
但是我能告诉你的是
we found a pair of shoes in your garage
我们在你的车库找到一双鞋子
that match the footprints from one of our crime scenes.
跟我们在一个犯罪现场发现的脚印相吻合
Okay, well, this is ridiculous. We're gonna leave.
这太可笑了 我们要走了
We'll be back with a lawyer to get our son released.
我们会带着律师来释放我的儿子
You all have no real evidence to charge him.
你们都没有真正的证据起诉他
Actually, we do.
实际上 我们有
A sales ledger from the shop
我们有购买杀人凶器的
where the murder weapon was bought.
店家的账簿
An antique Liston knife --
一把古董里斯顿刀
very popular for amputations during the civil war.
是在内战时非常流行的截肢工具
Once we confirm that Devin bought the weapon,
一旦我们确定戴文买了这把刀
we'll have all the evidence we need.
我们就有了我们需要的证据
So, please, by all means, do get that lawyer.
所以 请一定要请个律师
Your son's gonna need one.
你们的儿子会需要的
You know about this?
你知道这些
Yes. Yeah. Of course.
知道 当然知道
Excuse us for one second.
不好意思 失陪一下
What the hell was all that about?
刚刚那到底是什么回事
Where did you get that ledger?
你从哪搞到的账簿
The Frenchman, an associate of Abe's
法国佬那 亚伯的一个生意伙伴
who specializes in rare weapons.
专门贩卖稀有武器的
It's where Bentley got the Liston knife.
本特利就是在那买到里斯顿刀的
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的
Y-you never said anything about a Liston knife.
你压根就没提过里斯顿刀
I apologize. It's a recent development.
抱歉 这是最新发现
Abe sort of absconded with this ledger.
亚伯是偷偷把这账簿带出来的
Problem is, the customers are written in some sort of code.
问题是 顾客名单是用某种密码写的
You're saying he stole it?
你是说他偷出来的吗
"Borrowed."
"借的"
The antique weaponry game is a cutthroat business.
古董武器的生意可是很残酷的游戏
But I'm sure I can crack the code, given enough time.
不过给我足够时间我就能破解密码
If Devin Bentley's name is in here,
要是这上面有戴文·本特利的名字
that's all the evidence we need to arrest him.
我们就有足够的证据逮捕他
Yeah, until the court finds out that
如果法官发现
you obtained this evidence illegally,
你是通过非法途径获取的证据
and they throw it out -- Devin will walk.
那么证据作废 戴文就要被释放
Where are you going?
你去哪
To talk to a Judge. If we're lucky,
去找个法官 要是走运的话
I can get him to issue a subpoena for this Frenchman
在法国佬店主给账簿挂失之前
before he reports that ledger stolen.
能让法官给他开个传票
Uh, "She." The Frenchman is a... It's complicated.
是她 法国佬是... 情况很复杂
Perhaps it's best if I explain the situation
也许最好还是让我去解释清楚
and ask her for help.
请她帮我们的忙
No. You have done enough.
不 你做得够多了
Just listen to me for once. Stay put.
听我一次吧 待着别动
Sorry to disturb.
不好意思打扰了
But I thought you might want this back.
但是我觉得你也许想拿回这个
That Abe must have had a guilty conscience.
亚伯肯定饱受良心的煎熬
So, you did know it was him?
所以你知道是他干的吗
Of course. Who else would want to steal my client list?
当然 还有谁会想偷我的顾客名单
Actually, Abe wasn't trying to steal your clients.
其实 亚伯不是想偷你的顾客
He was trying to assist in a police investigation.
他是想协助警方调查
A Liston knife that you sold was used in a murder.
你卖出的一把里斯顿刀是一件案子的凶器
We were trying to find the customer's name.
我们想找到是谁买的
I don't imagine you had much luck.
我想你应该什么都没找到吧
As it happens,
拿到账本后
I did manage to decode the customer's last name.
我的确试图破解那些顾客的姓
The record says... "Bentley."
记录上写着 本特利
How did you figure that out?
你怎么知道的
That's not important.
这不重要
The police have a suspect in custody.
警察已经拘留了一名嫌疑人
They may be calling you to identify him.
他们可能会叫你去辨认
When they do,
那时候
we would be most grateful if you wouldn't mention our...
如果你能不提到这起错误的盗窃事件的话
misguided thievery.
我们会很感激
And why should I help you
你们公然从我这偷东西
after you so blatantly stole from me?
我为什么还要帮你们
Right now, there is a murderer in custody
警方现在羁押了一名杀人犯
whose sole pleasure in life is killing women.
他唯一的乐趣就是杀戮女性
I can't imagine you would want a murderer like that
我难以想象你会因为这点小细节
to be free because of a technicality.
而让这样一个杀人魔逍遥法外
And I'm sure you wouldn't want to see
而且我相信你也不希望看着
Abe or me go to prison, either.
我或者亚伯进监狱吧
Couple of cute guys like you two wouldn't last a day in jail.
像你们这样的帅哥在监狱里一天都活不下去
I'll keep this between us.
我会保密的
But you are lucky that
也算你走运
I remember what that ojisan looked like.
我还记得那欧吉桑长什么样
"Ojisan"?
"欧吉桑"
Yes. It's Japanese. It means "Man." "Man."
日语 意思是男人 男人
It means "Straight, uptight man."
意思是"刻板而紧张的男人"
Are you telling me the customer wasn't a teenager?
你是说那个顾客不是个少年吗
No. He was older. A polo shirt. Uh, khakis.
不 更老些 穿着保罗衫和卡其裤
Shh, don't try to scream.
别想尖叫
I've punctured your lung and your vena cava artery.
我刚刺穿了你的肺和腔静脉动脉
You're going to bleed to death in about --
你会流血而死 大概要花...
Eight minutes. Oh, you're a smart man.
八分钟 你很聪明
Make that about four minutes.
现在缩短到四分钟了
Hello?
你好
Abe, it's Jo.
亚伯 我是乔
I managed to get a Judge to issue a subpoena,
我让一个法官签了传票
but I need the Frenchman's address.
不过我需要法国佬的地址
Frenchman... Uh, Frenchman...
法国男 法国人
Doesn't seem to ring any bells.
不太明白你说哪个啊
Oh, well, that's funny,
真有趣
considering you just stole the ledger only a day ago.
你昨天刚从人家那偷了个账簿
A criminal offense, I might add.
要我说的话 这是犯罪
Ohh. That Frenchman.
你说法国佬啊
7th and Reade Streets, right next to the bagel place.
第七大道和里德街的交叉口 面包店旁边
Thank you.
谢了
Good thing you're in shock.
好在你休克了
'cause it looks like your back is broken.
因为看上去你的背骨折了
Stop!
住手
Stop right there!
站着别动
All right. Take it easy, detective.
好吧 放松点 警官
Put your hands where I can see them.
把手放在我看得到的地方
Hello, Henry.
你好 亨利
I didn't want us to meet like this.
没想到咱俩会在这种情况下见面
But when I saw your partner go in upstairs, I...
不过我看到你的搭档上楼去了
I got worried.
我有点担心
This is Detective Jo Martinez.
我是乔·马丁内兹警官
I need paramedics and units at 108 Reade Street.
我在里德街108号 需要救护车和警员
Suspect is down, but I still need to do a sweep.
嫌犯已被击毙 但是我还得做些善后
Your partner's bound to find you.
你的搭档总会找到你的
And if you die in front of her that's
要是你在她面前死了
no good for anybody.
这对大家都没好处
You can thank me later.
你可以晚点再谢我
Made up a batch of blueberry scones --
我做了一批蓝莓烤饼
your favorite.
你的最爱
Thought it might help to have some
估计经历了昨晚的事后
comfort food after last night.
吃点好的会让你好受点
Look, I appreciate it.
听着 我很感激
But nothing puts off my appetite quite like being murdered.
但是被人杀掉让我毫无食欲
You know, I-I-I don't mean to minimize your death, but
我不是对你的死无动于衷
as far as being stabbed,
但你已经被刺伤
breaking your back,
还伤了脊椎
and almost having your secret exposed,
差点就曝露了秘密
well, I'd say the situation ended relatively well.
应该说这个解决方法还算不错了
I'll be sure to write Adam a very nice thank-you note.
我一定会给亚当写封言辞恳切的感谢信
You know, the way he did it...
知道吗 他杀我的时候
when he cut my throat,
割喉的手法
it was so cold, so callous.
很冷酷 很无情
Yeah, well, in his defense, he had to act quickly.
替他想想 他必须快速行动
I mean surgically.
像外科手术一样利落
Of course, it proves that he does really know about your, um...
当然这也证明了他真的知道你的...
condition.
状况
You're right.
你是对的
He knows everything about me,
他对我了如指掌
which means he knows about you.
也就是说他也知道你
Well, so? So what if he does?
所以呢 他知道又怎样
Only means he knows that I'm a regular schnook like everyone else.
只代表他知道有我这么个不起眼的的小人物
Oh, please, Abe. I've seen what this man is capable of.
亚伯 我见识过这个人的能力
Now, listen.
听好
There's no sense in worrying about me, all right?
根本就不用担心我 好吗
Not me.
不用担心我
Besides, I have, um, scarier people to see today.
何况我今天还要见一个 更恐怖的人
Such as?
比如是
I'm off to see the Frenchman at the hospital.
我要去医院看看法国佬
I owe her an apology.
我欠她一个道歉
If I'm not back by tomorrow...
如果我明天还没回来
Call the police.
那就报警吧
Kid spends all day reading about psychos,
那小孩整天研究变态凶手
had no clue his own father was a murderer.
居然没发现他亲爹就是杀人凶手
We should have seen this all sooner.
我们应该早点发现的
Mark Bentley was standing right here in the station.
马克·本特利之前就在警局
If we'd have figured it out then, he may still be alive.
要是我们那时候发现了 说不定他就不会死
Regardless of how it happened,
不管事情怎么样
the important thing to remember is that you stopped a killer.
重要的是你阻止了那个杀人犯
How you holding up?
你还好吗
Taking a life leaves its mark.
杀了人总会有后遗症的
No matter how strong you are,
不管你有多坚强
It's always a good idea to talk to someone about it.
有些事说出来会好很多
Lieutenant, I-I'm fine. Really.
长官 我很好 真的
We may never understand those
也许我们永远无法理解那些
who kill so easily for spectacle.
为引人注意而轻易杀人的人
But perhaps that's why we're so fascinated with them.
也许因为如此我们才会对他们如此着迷
We read about their exploits out of curiosity.
我们出于好奇阅读他们的壮举
Our fascination with the macabre
我们对以死亡为主题的书籍的痴迷
makes it all seem unreal.
让死亡变得不真实
But the truth is that everyone has the capacity to kill.
但事实是所有人都有能力去杀人
The real question is,
真正的问题是
how do you live with yourself afterward?
杀人以后要如何自处
Hey, I'll take a double whiskey, whatever's well.
双份威士忌 哪种都好
No, you will not.
不行 你别喝那个
Life's too short to waste on cheap alcohol.
生命何其短 怎能浪费在便宜的酒精上
Macallan 25, please. My treat.
麦卡伦25年单一麦芽威士忌 谢谢 我请
Sure thing.
当然
Is that your way of apologizing?
你就是这么道歉的吗
You were right.
你是对的
Investigating behind your back
背着你去调查
was a poor decision on my part,
是我愚蠢的决定
I could have jeopardized the case.
我差点危害到了这个案子
It's not only that, Henry. You could have been killed.
不仅如此 亨利 你可能会害死自己
If you had gotten cornered by Mark Bentley the way I was,
如果你像我一样被马克·本特利逼到死路
he could have seriously hurt you.
他可能就小命不保了
You all right?
你没事吧
Yeah. I mean, it's not like I...
没事 又不是我...
It's not like I had another option, right?
我当时别无选择
You've never done that before, have you?
你从来没做过吧 是不是
Taken a person's life?
取人性命
Well, it's part of my job.
这是我工作的一部分
It is, and you do your job very well.
确实 而你也完成得很出色
I'm glad you're feeling so awful.
我很高兴你感觉这么糟
You know, Henry, you are not the best drinking buddy.
亨利 你真不是好酒伴
You must allow yourself to feel
你得让自己去感受
the pain, the guilt, the shame.
那种痛苦 内疚和遗憾
The day that killing another person doesn't affect you,
如果有一天杀人对你没有影响
that's when you've got real problems.
那问题才大发了
I'm glad to see you're evolving.
很高兴看到你进化了
How so?
怎么说
You're buzzing.
手机震动
Welcome to the modern age, Henry.
欢迎来到现代 亨利
Excuse me.
抱歉
Should I be looking over my shoulder?
我是不是该更加小心
You sound paranoid, Henry.
你听起来怎么神经兮兮的 亨利
Why? I was only doing you a favor.
为什么 我那可是在帮你的忙
When you cut my throat...
你割开我的喉咙的时候...
you placed the knife exactly two inches below my jaw.
精准的把刀放到下巴下方两英寸处
Clinically speaking, your technique was masterful.
医术上来说 你的技艺纯熟
When you suffer from our condition, you realize --
当你对我们这种情况厌倦时 你会意识到...
murder, it's just a part of life.
杀人不过是生活中的一部分
It's like breathing.
像呼吸一样
You've never done it before, have you, Henry?
你从来没做过是不是 亨利
No.
没有
And I see no reason to start.
我也找不到理由去做
You say that now,
你现在这么说
but you're still a relatively young man.
但你还年轻
Just give it time.
耐心等吧
I know you, Henry.
我了解你 亨利
Not as well as you think.
并没有你以为的那么了解