Appearance
My name is Henry Morgan.
我叫亨利·摩根
My story is a long one.
我的故事说来话长
Something happened nearly two centuries ago.
差不多两个世纪前发生了一点意外
And I was transformed.
我被转化了
My life is just like yours.
我的生命和你的几乎一样
Except for one small difference,
除了一个小小的差别
it never ends.
我的生命从没有尽头
Over the years,
过了这么多年
you could say I've become a student of death.
可以说我已经是死亡学家了
You see, I need to find a key to unlock my curse.
我得找出破除诅咒的良方
So I currently work for the New York City Medical Examiner's Office.
所以现在我在纽约市的法医办公室工作
It holds the largest collection of slightly chilled corpses in the world.
这里有世界上最多的新鲜尸体
If your game is death, you go where the action is.
如果你想了解死亡 就去死亡最多的地方
The Carlyle endowment is committed to supporting institutions that share our core values.
卡莱尔捐赠致力于支持那些与我们有共同核心价值观的机构
Wouldn't you agree, mother?
您同意吗 母亲
With you, Conrad?
同意你吗 康拉德
I don't think it's possible.
不可能
Of course.
当然了
Will anyone be spared your ire tonight?
今晚有人幸免于您的忿怒吗
Your father.
你父亲
Lucky for him, he's dead.
算他走运 他死了
Mr. Mayor, I was under the impression you communists didn't care for such opulence.
市长先生 我记得你们这些共产党们不喜欢这种铺张浪费
Your reviews are pedantic, unoriginal, lacking insider clarity.
你的评论迂腐且毫无原创性线索不可靠
Fortunately, you're a critic and completely unimportant.
还好你只是个评论家 完全没人在意你
If only it was her funeral.
要是她的葬礼就好了
Lance!
兰斯
I told you to wait.
我说了让你等等
Mrs. Carlyle, I hope you're well.
卡莱尔夫人 愿您一切安好
I'm 91 years old. I'm never well.
我91岁了 怎么可能安好
I'd say you look 91 years young.
我觉得您看起来有91岁那么年轻
Explain to me again, Director Chambers, why you haven't finished the renovation of my gallery.
钱伯斯总监 再跟我解释一下为什么我的画廊还没有翻新完毕
The gallery is my top priority.
画廊翻新是我的头等大事
Disappoint me again and you'll be curating finger-painting exhibitions for preschoolers.
再让我失望一次 你就去给幼儿园的手指画展览打杂吧
Gloria Carlyle was always there to sustain the museum with her generosity.
格洛丽亚·卡莱尔一直以她的慷慨大方支持着博物馆
Her vision for this institution has seen us through many dark hours.
她对这个机构的愿景帮助我们克服过了许多困难
Gloria has two great passions: her family and her art.
格洛丽亚最关心的两件事情是她的家庭和她的艺术
It's a great honor to have them both here with us.
很荣幸今天这两样都在现场
Tonight, on the 60th anniversary of her endowment, we celebrate a woman who's touched so many with her kindness.
今晚 在她的捐赠六十周年仪式上我们在此为一位用自己的善良感动了许多人的女士庆祝
To Gloria.
为格洛丽亚
Detective, mayor wants to know when we are releasing the guests.
警官 市长想知道我们什么时候才能放宾客们走
The mayor's office called?
市长办公室来电了
No. The mayor is here.
不 市长就在这里
Okay. Check the names against the guest list, then get them out of here.
好吧 对比检查一下宾客名单然后让他们走吧
Got it.
明白了
Guess blue bloods bleed like the rest of us.
看来真是不分君臣贵贱人人平等
Ready for a high-profile case?
准备好破这起引人注目的案子了吗
Give me the good news first.
先告诉我好消息
I'm fresh out.
我也是刚刚来
This part of the museum's under construction, so video surveillance was down.
博物馆这部分正在进行装修所以监控录像没开
Guards were stationed at the exits, didn't tell us much.
保安都在出口处也没提供什么信息
And a whole bunch of muckety-mucks came running in her after they found her.
在发现她的尸体后一堆权贵都跑过去凑热闹
CSI says they trampled the whole scene.
犯罪现场调查科说他们破坏了整个案发现场
So, what's the bad news?
那么 坏消息是什么
Your M.E. didn't show.
你的法医没来
Where's Henry?
亨利去哪了
He couldn't make it.
他来不了
Does he understand how important this is?
他知不知道这案子有多重要
This is Gloria Carlyle.
这可是格洛丽亚·卡莱尔
There are buildings, parks, a bridge all named after her.
有多少大楼 公园 桥梁都是以她命名的
The mayor is here.
市长也在这
He's expecting our best people on this.
他希望我们派最好的人手
Seemed like something personal.
好像是因为私人原因来不了
Although, you can never tell with him.
不过谁也搞不懂他
But I'm really excited to be your on-site lead for this.
我很高兴能做你的现场首席
Would you like to hear my initial report?
你想听听看我的初步鉴定吗
Yeah. Okay. Let's have it.
好吧 你说吧
Well, to begin with, she's dead.
首先 她死了
When Gloria Carlyle died, 91 years worth of memories disappeared in an instant.
当格洛丽亚·卡莱尔死的时候 91年的记忆就这么消失于无形
People, places, loved ones and enemies alike, all gone, lost forever.
身边的人 去过的地方 爱着的人和敌人所有的这些记忆都永远地消失了
Even one distant memory of me.
甚至是关于我的遥远记忆
We can only imagine what her final thoughts were.
我们只能猜测她最后的想法
Fear, anger -- we'll never know.
或恐惧或愤怒 我们永远都不会知道了
Everything is forgotten in death.
一切都随死亡被遗忘了
I, of course, can never forget, especially Gloria and the debt I owe her.
当然 我从来不会忘记任何事 特别是格洛丽亚 和我欠她的人情
Broken pelvis, cracked femur -- compound fracture there.
骨盆骨折 股骨骨裂 那边是有创骨折
The damage to her vertebrae is extensive.
她的椎骨严重受损
20 to 30 contusions on all sides, including defensive wounds on the hands and the forearms.
各处加起来有二十到三十处挫伤 包括手和前臂上自卫造成的伤痕
And that's just my initial report.
这个只是我的初步鉴定
What do you think?
你怎么认为呢
Hello, detective.
你好 警官
I'll let the adults talk.
大人说话 小孩不插嘴
Why weren't you there?
你为什么没过去
I never go to that museum.
我从不去那个博物馆
Henry, what are you talking about?
亨利 你在说什么呢
Do you have any idea who she was?
你知道她是谁吗
Gloria Carlyle, the last living heir to John Arthur Carlyle, who founded New York steel in 1901.
格洛丽亚·卡莱尔 1901年创立纽约钢铁的约翰·亚瑟·卡莱尔的唯一活着的继承人
The family's fortune and power were legendary.
他们家族的财富和权势众所周知
Many claim to have built New York city.
很多人声称自己建立了纽约城
The Carlyle family did the job.
卡莱尔家族真正做到了这件事
It's Gloria. Gloria Carlyle.
我是格洛丽亚 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔
Did you know her?
你之前认识她吗
No.
不
But I'll find out what happened.
但我会找出发生了什么事的
I'm starting my autopsy now.
我现在就开始验尸
One thing's for certain -- This wasn't a natural death.
肯定的一点是 这不是自然死亡
Hi. Hi.
你好 你好
Hi back at you.
你好
It's crazy all the reporters out there, huh?
外面那么多记者真是疯了 不是吗
Yeah.
对
They're probably just, uh, here for the Carlyle case.
他们很可能只是为了卡莱尔的案子来的
I was -- I was the lead M.E. at the crime scene there.
我是凶案现场的首席法医
So, do you think it was murder?
所以你觉得是谋杀吗
Well, we just completed the initial autopsy, and that was rough.
我们才完成了初步的尸检 还有待考证
Still waiting for the tox report to come back, but, uh, looks like it.
还在等待毒药检验的结果 但看起来像是谋杀
So, uh, so what do you --
所以你在这
Hey, d-do you want something? A soda?
你想要喝什么吗 苏打水
My treat.
我请客
No thanks.
不用了 谢谢
Got to take it.
我得接这个电话
Yeah. Go -- go take it.
好 那你去接电话吧
I got the M.E. on the record. He says it's murder.
我找到本案的法医了 他说这是谋杀
Morning.
早安
You look terrible.
你看起来真糟糕
Well, thank you.
谢谢
Even an immortal needs a solid six hours.
就算是不死之人也需要睡够六个小时
Well, today might not be much better.
今天可能也好不到哪儿去
A lieutenant Reece called.
一位叫里斯的长官打过电话来
Wondered if you'd seen this.
想知道你看过这个吗
What do you need?
你需要点什么
Coffee.
咖啡
Lots of coffee.
很浓的咖啡
They say this Gloria Carlyle was a real witch.
他们说格洛丽亚·卡莱尔是个彻头彻尾的老巫婆
The most hated blue blood in the city.
是这个城市最遭人恨的贵族
She wasn't always.
她不是一直都这样的
You want to talk about it?
你想谈谈吗
A Louis XIV desk right out in the open.
路易十四的书桌都被公开拍卖了
Grandfather must have bought it.
一定是她祖父买的
Could you imagine an estate like this coming on the market all at once?
你能想象这样的房子一下全进入市场吗
I bet you those Berkowitz brothers will try to get there first, huh?
我敢打赌伯克威茨兄弟一定会费尽心思率先出现在那里的
Ray and Arty Berkowitz, Your nemesis?
雷和亚蒂·伯克威茨兄弟 你的死对头
Yeah, sure.
对 当然
They got this tony upper east side store, but they'd walk right over a body for a choice antique.
他们在上东区有个漂亮的店铺 但他们为了得到古董什么事都做的出来
Well, I'm sure you can handle them.
我肯定你能搞定他们
I should get to the station.
我该去警局了
Oh, listen. if at work, you hear about the Carlyle estate sale, could you let me know? Put me on the list?
听着 如果你工作时听到卡莱尔房子出售的消息 能告诉我吗 把我列在有意购买的名单上
Abraham, I'm a medical examiner, an officer of the city.
亚伯拉罕 我是一个验尸官 城市的官员
Don't worry. I've got other sources.
别在意 我还有其他人脉
My family has been part of the heart blood of this city for over 150 years.
我的家族在过去150年中都是这个城市的核心家族之一
And this is the first time that anything like this has ever happened.
这是第一次发生这种事
Very sorry.
我很抱歉
Sorry is not good enough.
光抱歉没有用
I was told this autopsy would be held confidentially.
你们跟我说这次验尸会秘密进行
So, I take it you were not the one who talked to the press.
我猜不是你把消息泄露给媒体的
What happened?
怎么回事
I'm not sure yet.
我还不确定
This is on page six!
这是在第六版
I need to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
You were the source for the story.
你就是报道的来源
Okay. So, uh...
好吧 所以说...
Was she pretty?
她漂亮吗
Very.
很漂亮
I feel awful, okay?
我感觉糟透了 好吗
I-I'm gonna go talk to the lieutenant.
我 我会去找长官谈的
I've written up my resignation.
我已经写好辞呈了
Go back to the lab. Say nothing.
回实验室去 什么也别说
I was the source for the story. Do you understand?
我才是报道的源头 明白了吗
Okay. Thank you. I-I just -- you know, I'd been up all night. And she just appeared.
好吧 谢谢你 我...我只是...我一夜没睡 然后她就这样出现了
Stop. Yeah? Leave. Try not to make any more headlines today.
闭嘴 什么 快走 今天别再制造什么头条新闻了
Copy.
收到
What are you gonna do about it?
你打算怎么办
Henry, Jo, have a seat, please.
亨利 乔 请坐
Lieutenant, I'm afraid an apology must be made standing.
长官 恐怕要道歉的话 还是站着比较好
Mr. Carlyle, on behalf of the city of New York and the office of the chief medical examiner, accept this apology and the knowledge this will never happen again.
卡莱尔先生 我谨代表纽约市和首席法医办公室道歉 请您接受这份道歉 我保证类似事件不会再发生
I still want him taken off the case.
我还是希望把他踢出这个案子
But I've apologized. I've extended my hand as a gentleman.
但我已经道歉了啊 像个绅士一样伸出了我的手
My mother deserves the best, and you have been found lacking.
我母亲理应得到最好的 而你不够好
Mr Carlyle, No one understands better the specifics of this case or the importance of the Carlyle name.
卡莱尔先生 没有人比我更了解这个案子的细节 以及卡莱尔这个名字的重要性
All due respect, sir, he is the best.
恕我直言 先生 他就是最好的了
Shall my lawyers contact the mayor again, twice in one day?
需要我的律师们在一天之内再和市长联系一次吗
Lieutenant, if I may --
长官 假如我能...
Henry, I'm sorry, but I'm pulling you from the case. Dr. Vaughn will take over from here.
亨利 很抱歉 但你不能参与这个案子了 从现在起由沃恩医生接手
Hey, Hanson. Check the security tapes the museum just sent over.
汉森 看看博物馆刚刚送来的监视录像
The, uh, speeches from the gala should be on it.
晚会上的发言应该被录下来了
Want butter on your popcorn?
你的爆米花要加黄油吗
That's your choice.
随你
I'm going to the crime scene.
我要去犯罪现场了
Henry, you okay?
亨利 你没事吧
I've never been removed from a case before.
我之前从来没有被人从一个案子中踢出去过
Well, happens to the best of us.
人人都会有这种经历的
You know, just because you don't have a body doesn't mean you can't investigate with me.
你得明白 没有权利接近尸体 不代表你不能和我一起调查
Great. I'll come with you.
太好了 我和你一起去
There's just one problem.
只有一个问题
We're going to the museum.
我们是要去博物馆哦
Wow, you really do have an issue with this.
看来你确实对这博物馆很排斥啊
So, I guess the only question is, how badly do you want to solve this murder?
我猜唯一的问题就是 你到底有多想破这个案子
Let me grab my scarf.
让我拿下围巾
Okay. What is it? Spill it.
好了 怎么回事 说说看
You were acting stranger than normal.
你的举止比平常奇怪
It's nothing.
没事
Come on, Henry. What is your issue with this museum? Why don't you come here?
说吧 亨利 你和这个博物馆到底怎么回事 你为什么不来这里
Old memories.
都是些老回忆了
Okay. Can I say one thing?
好吧 我能说件事吗
A cop usually knows what's going on with their partner. We should talk.
警察通常都了解自己的搭档的状况 我们得交流
I'm an M.E., Jo. I'm not sure I'm officially your partner.
我是名法医 乔 我不确定我是你的官方搭档
I was not making any official kind of point.
我又不是在陈述官方观点
This way!
这边走
Over here!
这里
Quickly.
快点
We're closed.
不开放
I beg your pardon.
什么
It's a private party.
在举行私人派对
But we're the Vermeers.
我们是维梅尔家族的
This is Dr. Henry Vermeer and I'm his wife. We've just arrived from London for his great-grandfather's exhibit.
这位是亨利·维梅尔医生 我是他妻子 我们刚刚从伦敦赶来参加他曾祖父的画展
You're not here, lady.
你们不在名单上 女士
We've traveled 3,500 miles.
我们可是跋涉了3500英里
Calm down. I...
冷静一下 我...
Look, could you please hurry?
麻烦能快点吗
I was the one that forgot the umbrella and Mrs. Vermeer hates getting wet.
我忘了带伞 而维梅尔太太讨厌被淋湿
Fine.
好吧
Fine.
好吧
Abigail, we're not supposed to be here.
阿比盖尔 我们不该进来
I'm also quite certain Vermeer was Dutch.
我也很确定维梅尔是个荷兰名字
This is very rash.
这么做太鲁莽了
You can't plan for everything, Henry. Sometimes it's good to be rash.
你不可能计划好所有事 亨利 有时候鲁莽也是件好事
It's fun.
多有趣啊
Henry?
亨利
You okay?
你还好吗
So, the victim was struck several times with an unidentified object.
受害人被不明物体击中多次
There were no weapon found.
没有找到凶器
Blood splatter was irregular with traces all over the floor.
血迹满地都是 形状很不规则
What do you think?
你怎么看
What I've discovered is that the scene of any crime is much larger than this space.
在我看来 不论是什么样的案发现场都要比这个空间大
To truly understand this murder, we must go back seconds, minutes, hours, even.
要真正看透这起谋杀案 时间得往回倒几秒 几分钟甚至几个小时
Henry. I've been doing this for 10 years. Let's go easy on the lecture.
亨利 我干这行已经有十年了 想讲课的话就省省吧
You asked me what I thought.
是你问我是怎么想的
My mistake.
我错了
Please.
继续说
I think we should go back, walk in Gloria's shoes, her Yves Saint Laurent pumps, to be exact.
我觉得我们应该回溯 从格洛丽亚的角度想问题 确切来说 是这双圣罗兰矮跟鞋
They look like fall of '61.
大概是1961年的秋款
Are you serious?
你是说真的吗
I know a bit about women's shoes.
女人的鞋子我还是知道点的
What is that?
那是什么
It's an original FBI fingerprinting kit.
这是联调局独创的的指纹提取工具
Well, the room has already been dusted, Henry, with actual modern equipment.
整个房间已经被检查过了 亨利 用的是真正的现代设备
I'm not looking for prints. I'm after rubber. The soles of Gloria's shoes were made of natural soft rubber harvested from the Amazonian sharinga trees. They leave a subtle mark unlike the synthetic rubber used in shoes after '73.
我找的不是指纹 而是橡胶 格洛丽亚的鞋底是天然软橡胶制成的 原产自亚马逊橡胶树 与1973年后用人工橡胶的鞋不同 它们会留下很微小的痕迹
Fascinating.
好极了
She crawled here.
她是爬到这里的
She crawled? Yes.
她爬过来的 对
And the marks lead all the way to... I know what killed her.
痕迹一直延伸到...我知道是什么杀死她了
The weapon?
凶器
It wasn't a weapon.
不是凶器
It was this marble staircase.
是这个大理石楼梯
So, she fell. It was an accident.
所以她是从上面摔了下来 是个意外
She was pushed.
她是被推下来的
How do you know she was pushed?
你怎么知道她被推了
The crawl.
她爬了一段距离
The damage to her body was crippling.
她受了很严重的伤
Broken pelvis, countless fractures.
骨盆破裂 多处骨折
She shouldn't have been able to move.
本应该动弹不得
But someone made her.
但有人逼得她往前爬
Gloria tried to get away the only way she could, by crawling.
格洛丽亚想要逃跑 她只有一个办法 那就是爬
She crawled 30 meters into the gallery, in agony, in pain.
她爬了30米进到画廊里 这段路程痛苦难熬
Why?
为什么要爬
There was someone else.
这里还有一个人
The guard said Gloria was alone.
保安说当时只有格洛丽亚一个人
He was wrong.
他错了
I'm not sold.
我不信
Very well. I'll explain it again.
好吧 我再说一遍
No. Listen.
不用了
There's no way of knowing that there was someone else.
根本不可能知道当时有没有另一个人在场
Yep?
怎么了
There was someone else.
当时有另一个人在场
What?
什么
Video surveillance from the party shows a guy heading toward the east gallery just after gloria wandered off.
派对当天的监控录像显示 格洛丽亚离开之后 一名男子去了画廊东区
He -- he slipped past the guards.
他从保安身边溜了过去
Okay. Do we have an I.D.?
好的 知道他的身份吗
Yeah. One Lance Sharp.
知道 兰斯·夏普
I.D.'d him from his photo in the newspaper.
他的身份和照片就登在报纸上
Okay. Let's bring him in.
行 带他进来吧
Do not gloat, Henry.
别得意 亨利
Lance, fella, you did pretty well for yourself.
兰斯 伙计 你混得不错嘛
Guy from Queens landing himself an Upper East Side princess.
皇后区的小子钓上了上东区的公主
What do you think, Jo?
你觉得怎么样 乔
You know, part of me thinks, "Attaboy, Lance."
一方面我想说"干得漂亮 兰斯"
The other part of me wants to stomp your face in.
另一方面 我真想给你的脸上来几下
Before we get to that, why'd you kill Gloria Carlyle?
在那之前 你为什么要杀格洛丽亚·卡莱尔
I've told you. I didn't.
我说过了 我没杀她
I couldn't.
我也不可能杀她
It's on video.
监控都录下来了
You followed Gloria out of the party.
你跟着格洛丽亚离开了派对
And when you came back, you looked shaken, which makes sense because you just killed a 90-year-old woman.
你回来时看起来吓坏了 这也说得通 毕竟你刚杀了一位九十岁的老太太
What are you doing here?
你在这干什么
Assisting with the case, offering a meta-analysis.
协助办案 提供综合分析
I can help, lieutenant.
我可以帮忙 长官
So Jo keeps telling me.
乔也是那样告诉我的
May I stay?
我能留下吗
How can I tell you to stay?
我怎么让你留下
You're not even here.
你又不在这里
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
Are you asking me to leave or --
你要我离开 还是...
Oh, for god sake, Henry. Just watch.
看在上帝的份上 亨利 继续看吧
Why would I kill her?
我为什么要杀她
I'm in love with her granddaughter.
我在跟她的孙女恋爱
I'm gonna marry Sofia.
我很快就要娶索菲娅了
We have you following the victim to the scene of the crime.
我们发现你尾随死者到犯罪现场
Conrad wouldn't give me his blessing.
康拉德不同意我们结婚
So I decided to ask Gloria.
所以我打算问格洛丽亚
All night, I'm getting up the courage to do it.
那晚 我终于鼓起勇气征求她同意
When she left the party, I saw my chance.
当她离开派对时 我知道机会来了
Oh, let me guess what happened next, Lance.
让我猜猜接下来发生什么事 兰斯
She said no, you pushed her down the steps, and then you stole this.
她不同意 你推她滚下楼梯 然后你偷了这个
A 6-carat blue diamond worth $3 million.
价值三百万的六克拉蓝钻
Found it at your loft.
在你的阁楼找到的
Gloria gave that to me for the engagement.
格洛丽亚给我作为订婚礼物
Oh, she gave you a $3 million ring?
她给你价值三百万的钻戒
I know. It sounds crazy. She gave me the ring and then she mumbled something about following your heart.
我知道听起来很疯狂 她把戒指给我 然后含糊地说什么跟随你的心
She'd never said anything like that to me before.
她以前从来不会说那样的话
May I borrow your phone?
借你手机用一下
That's the last I saw of her, I swear.
那是我最后一次见她 我发誓
This is the biggest fairy tale I've ever heard.
这是我听过的最大谎言
Lieutenant?
长官
Henry, what are you doing?
亨利 你在干什么
No.
不
No, actually, this is not better than just barging in.
不 实际上 这样没比打断我们好到哪去
Hold on.
等一下
Why was Gloria mumbling?
格洛丽亚为什么要含糊地说
I don't know.
我不知道
She was acting strange, slurring her words.
她表现得很奇怪 说话发音不清
What did her skin feel like?
她的皮肤怎么样
Cold.
很凉
Was she, uh -- was she sweating?
她有没有...有没有发汗
Did she lean on her cane?
她有没有撑着她的手杖
Yeah.
有
Are you done?
你完事没
Great.
很好
Goodbye.
再见
She also said something about a burning smell like... toast.
她还提到了烧焦味 就像...烤面包
What is it?
什么事
She may not have been pushed.
她可能不是被推下楼梯
Wait, what are you saying? You were wrong?
等下 你在说什么 你之前判断错了吗
No. We need to go back further.
不是 我们要再进一步往回想
Okay, I don't want a lecture here, but what does that mean?
虽然我不想听你讲课 但你在说什么
The burning smell was phantosmia.
她说闻到烧焦味是因为她有幻嗅
It's a symptom of a stroke in the temporal lobe.
是颞叶中风的症状
It's very rare and usually caused by medication, something for a neurological condition -- epilepsy, Parkinson's.
这个病不常见 一般是因为服用治疗癫痫症 帕金森氏综合征神经疾病的药物引起的
But I found no sign of either in my autopsy.
但我解剖尸体时没有发现任何迹象
Her brain was normal.
她的大脑是正常的
What do you want to do?
你打算怎么做
I need a biopsy of Gloria's liver.
给格洛丽亚的肝脏做切片检查
Then we can tell exactly what poisoned her.
就会知道她中了什么毒
It's not your body, Henry.
她的尸体不归你管 亨利
Only the acting M.E. can do that.
只有当值的验尸官可以做
I know someone who can do it for me.
我知道谁可以帮我做
Henry, I-I-I'm so sorry I got you kicked off the case.
亨利 我...我很抱歉害你丢了这个案子
I need a liver biopsy for Gloria Carlyle.
我要给格洛丽亚·卡莱尔做肝脏切片检查
She's not here. The -- the body's gone.
她不在这里...尸体不在这里
Dr. Vaughn released her to the mortuary.
沃恩医生把她交给停尸房了
What?
什么
Wait. What's going on?
等下 发生什么事了
An innocent man is about to be arrested for murder.
一个无辜的人很快就要因谋杀罪被捕
I-I'll do anything to fix this.
我会尽力补救
Just tell me.
告诉我怎么做
There's nothing you can do.
没有你能做的
I can't help you, Detective Martinez.
我帮不了你 马丁内兹警探
Lance didn't kill my grandmother.
兰斯没有杀我祖母
Sofia, the best way to help Lance is by talking to me.
索菲娅 你想帮兰斯 最好告诉我实话
What do you want to know?
你想知道什么
Your grandmother's medication. If we knew what she was taking, we may be able to figure out what killed her.
你祖母的服药情况 如果我们知道她服用了什么药 也许就能找出是什么要了她的命
I don't know anything about that.
我一无所知
Your father might.
也许你父亲会知道
Do you think he would help us?
你觉得他会帮我们吗
No.
不会
Not if Lance could benefit.
除非对兰斯有好处
I-I don't get it.
我不明白
Somebody murdered your grandmother.
你奶奶被人谋杀了
Don't you want to find out who really killed her?
难道你不想找出杀害她的真凶吗
He doesn't care.
他根本不在乎
He didn't love her.
他都不爱她
You don't understand my family.
你不了解我的家族
We're not like normal people.
我们和普通人不一样
Instead of having lives of our own, we learned how to hurt each other for sport.
没有自己的生活 却学会了如何以伤害彼此为乐
My grandmother was a heartless woman, at least as long as I knew her.
我奶奶是个无情的女人 至少从我懂事起她就是这样
This is amazing.
真是太棒了
To be alone with them.
能和这些画单独相处
Like an artist.
就像个艺术家一样
She's very beautiful.
她非常漂亮
Yes.
是的
Yes, she is.
她的确很漂亮
I saw you arrive.
我看到你们来了
It's good to see people in love.
看到人们相爱是件美妙的事
And yet I'm confused.
然而我还是很困惑
You don't have a ring on your finger.
你手上没戴着戒指
Neither does she.
她也没有
Why haven't you asked her to marry you?
你怎么没向她求婚呢
Excuse me. Who are you?
抱歉 你是谁
My question first.
是我先提的问题
Champagne?
来杯香槟吗
Never drink and you never lose your head.
不喝酒 也就不会丧失理智
Now, why?
为什么
I don't think I'm the right man for her.
我认为我不是她的真命天子
Nothing in life is certain, especially this.
人生中没有什么是确定的 特别是爱情这件事
It's a long story. When you're in love, you feel like you have all the time in the world.
说来话长 当你爱上一个人时 你觉得你有大把大把的时间
But trust me, you don't.
但是相信我 事实并非如此
If you have a chance at love, Mr. Vermeer, take it.
如果你有机会陷入爱河 维梅尔先生 欣然接受吧
It's Gloria. Gloria Carlyle.
我叫格洛丽亚 格洛丽亚·卡莱尔
You're crashing my party.
你参加的是我的派对
Guess what I learned about Gloria.
猜猜我查到了哪些和格洛丽亚有关的事
Gloria threatened to kick Conrad out of the will.
格洛丽亚威胁要把康拉德从遗嘱中剔除
That's motive. Yeah. There's more.
这就是杀人动机 不止这样
His lawyers went after the probate judge.
他的律师去找遗嘱检验法官
They managed to wrest control of everything in the townhouse.
他们设法夺取联排别墅的控制权
He's having an estate sale right now.
他现在正在拍卖房产
Now? We should go.
现在吗 我们应该去一趟
I-it's invite only.
要受邀才能进去
Can I borrow your phone?
我能借一借你的手机吗
Abe. It's me.
亚伯 是我
The Carlyle estate sale is today. Think you can make it?
卡莱尔房产拍卖会就在今天 你能赶得上吗
I'm already there.
我已经在现场了
You're there?
你在现场
In the flesh. Told you I have my sources.
本人亲临现场 和你说了我有办法
Excellent.
太好了
Now, I need you to do me a favor.
我需要你帮我一个忙
Can you get to Gloria Carlyle's bathroom?
你能进格洛丽亚·卡莱尔的卫生间吗
Oh, Henry, what are we talking about here?
亨利 你在说什么呢
I built a very respectable reputation over the years, unlike those Berkowitzes.
这些年来我的好名声在外呢 不像伯克威茨家的那些人
We heard that.
我们听到了
Yeah, good.
那好极了
Abe, you're all I've got here.
亚伯 你是我唯一的希望
All right. All right. Henry, what is it you need?
好吧 好吧 亨利 你要我做什么
I need you to take a picture of all the medications in Gloria's medicine cabinet.
我要你在格洛丽亚的药柜那 拍一张里面所存放的药品照片
Now, bear with me, this is technical.
别不耐烦 这需要些技术
I need you to take a J-P-G on your smartphone and then mail that to Jo's computer.
我要你用智能手机拍一张JPG格式的照片 然后发邮件到乔的电脑上
Henry, I'm on it.
亨利 我这就去办
That's nice.
好漂亮啊
Bathroom.
卫生间
Bingo.
找到了
You know I figured it out, right?
你知道我能想出来的
I know your secret, Henry.
我知道你的秘密 亨利
Your whole issue with the museum.
你为什么不愿去博物馆
You're a modern-art guy.
你喜欢现代艺术
Trust me, I'm a classicist.
相信我 我是古典主义者
All right. Now I'm really confused.
好吧 这下我真的不懂了
You gonna keep me guessing?
你要让我一直猜下去吗
It reminds me of someone.
那里会让我想起一个人
Who?
谁
Come on, Henry. I'm an NYPD detective.
说吧 亨利 我是纽约警察局的警官
I'm gonna get a name out of you.
我肯定会问出个名字的
Trust me, time is on my side.
相信我 我有的是时间
You'll find with me, Jo, that's not usually the case.
乔 你会发现在我身上 情况会有所不同
Hey, we got Abe's pictures.
收到亚伯的照片了
No.
不是
No.
也不是
For the heart. For the lungs.
心脏药物 肺部药物
Blood pressure.
血压
It's not here.
不在这里
What's not here? The toxin.
什么不在这里 毒药
None of these medications would have caused a stroke in the temporal lobe.
这些药品里没有一样是会引起颞叶中风的
What do we do now?
那我们现在怎么做
Well, we have no suspect, no poison.
没有嫌疑人 不知道毒药
We're nowhere, Henry.
我们根本无从下手 亨利
The lawyers are gonna take over.
律师们会来接手
First, the medical examiner blabs to the press.
首先是验尸官向媒体说漏了嘴
Now you're dragging your heels.
现在你又拖拖拉拉地毫无进展
You have your suspect.
你们不是有嫌疑人了
Indict him.
起诉他
My family has endured enough.
我们家已经受够了
He has epilepsy.
他有癫痫
What?
什么
Henry, wait, wait.
亨利 等下
Mr. Carlyle.
卡莱尔先生
What is he doing here?
他在这干什么
I thought he was removed from the case.
我以为他已经被踢出这个案子了
What do you take for your epilepsy?
您在服用什么药物治疗癫痫
What? The medication. Is it phenytoin?
什么 药物 是不是苯妥英
Or some other anticonvulsant? I don't have to answer that.
还是别的抗惊厥药 我没必要回答你
What is this? Dr. Morgan, this is not the time.
这算什么 摩根医生 现在不是时候
Okay, Henry, let's go.
好了 亨利 我们走
This is important. The case depends on it.
这很重要 这是案子的关键点
Do you take phenytoin?
您有没有服用苯妥英
Yes, millions of people do.
有啊 上百万的人都用
Why are you asking me this?
你为什么要问我这个
Because it's the drug that killed your mother.
因为就是这种药杀了您的母亲
Are we really doing this? Questioning Conrad Carlyle?
我们真要这么干吗 盘问康拉德·卡莱尔
He's one of the most powerful people in the whole city.
他是市里最有权势的人之一
Yeah, it's risky, but the will gives him motive.
这的确很冒险 但是遗嘱给了他动机
The prescription, the means.
处方就是他拿到药的方式
We have to talk to him.
我们要跟他谈谈
What do you want to do, boss?
你想怎么办 老大
Bring him in.
把他带来
Mr. Carlyle, how would you characterize your relationship with your mother?
卡莱尔先生 你会怎么描述您和您母亲之间的关系
Conflicted.
矛盾
I'm not here.
当我不存在
No, you are not.
你是不存在
Did your mother threaten to take you out of the will?
您母亲有没有威胁过将您从遗嘱中移除
Often.
经常这么干
But I always managed to get myself written back in.
不过我总能让她再把我写回去
Not this time.
这次不行了
You were not in the will?
您不在遗嘱上吗
I know my mother, detective.
我很了解我的妈妈 警官
When she threatened to write me out, it meant that she'd already done it.
当她威胁我要把我除名时 意思就是她早就把我除名了
Of all the people who wanted her to live, I had the most to gain.
作为希望她活下来的人中的一员 我的收益最大
There goes his motive.
那就是他的动机
I hated my mother.
我恨我母亲
But I did not kill her.
但是我没有杀她
She was a miserable old woman.
她是个可悲的老女人
Most of New York hated her.
大多数纽约人都恨她
Who knows how she got that way? What is it?
谁知道她是怎么做到的 这是什么
This room is filled with Degas, Monet, all masterpieces.
这屋子里全都是德加 莫奈 名家巨作
And one painting by an unknown Argentinean.
却有一幅无名阿根廷人的作品
The Vermeers.
维梅尔先生和太太
Abigail, this is Gloria.
阿比盖尔 这位是格洛丽亚
It's her party.
这是她的派对
I think you have someone special here, Abigail.
我觉得这位是你爱的人 阿比盖尔
I think you're right.
我觉得你说得对
Do you have someone special?
你有爱的人吗
Yes. Yes, I do.
是啊 是啊 我有
Unfortunately, he couldn't be here tonight.
可惜他今晚来不了
Mother.
妈妈
Mother!
妈妈
Daddy says it's time to go. We have to go, now.
爸爸说我们该走了 就现在
Well, good night.
那晚安吧
They tell me it stopped raining.
他们说雨已经停了
Should be a beautiful evening.
今晚夜色一定很美
Let's go, Conrad.
我们走 康拉德
Unless you have anything of substance here, this conversation is over.
没有什么实质性证据的话 谈话到此结束
It's not all bad.
也不全是坏事
We know the type of drug that poisoned Gloria.
我们已经知道毒死格洛丽亚的药品种类
That's something.
这就是收获
And Conrad's argument's hardly an alibi.
康拉德的辩解不能算是不在场证明
Henry, we have your guess. That's it.
亨利 我们只有你的猜测 没别的了
There's no tox report.
没有毒理报告
We still need proof the drug was in her system, what it was, and when she was poisoned.
我们需要证据证实她体内有那个药物 是哪种药物 以及中毒时间
And we don't have her body.
而我们根本没有她的尸体
Lucas. Yes? Hey! Hi.
卢卡斯 什么 你们好
What did you do?
你做了什么
Okay. Before I tell you,
好吧 我告诉你之前
I'd really prefer you don't get mad.
希望你别生气
What's happening?
怎么了
Lucas took a long lunch.
卢卡斯中饭吃了很久
Lucas never takes a lunch longer than half an hour, enough time to enjoy exactly one comic book.
卢卡斯吃中饭从来不超过半个小时 那点时间刚好够看一本漫画书
It's a graphic novel.
是漫画小说
He's also wearing his metrocard lanyard, which he usually hangs on the light behind his work station until he leaves at 8:00.
他还挂着他的捷运卡 平时一般都挂在工作台后面的灯上 直到他八点下班才会拿走
Where did you go, Lucas?
你去哪了 卢卡斯
I went to the funeral home and did a biopsy on Gloria Carlyle's liver.
我去了殡仪馆 然后对格洛丽亚·卡莱尔的肝脏进行了切片检查
Wait, what?!
等等 什么
How?
怎么做到的
I told them Dr. Vaughn left his wedding ring inside the body and I had to... retrieve it.
我跟他们说沃恩医生把他的婚戒落在了她体内 我得把它取出来
Okay, h-h-hold on.
等等
You went to a funeral home hey! Yeah.
你去了殡仪馆 对
Did an unauthorized exam on a person about to be buried on your lunch break?
对一个在你午餐时间就要下葬的人 做了一个未经授权的检查
This was all my fault, all right?
这一切都是我的失误
I'm trying to fix this.
我是想弥补
Wow, you are pretty when you're mad.
你生气的时候漂亮极了
Lucas? Yes?
卢卡斯 怎么了 r It's the best thing you've ever done.
这是你干过的最出色的一件事
That's probably the first real compliment you've ever given --
这好像是你第一次真心实意地夸我
Not now. We've got work to do. Yeah, okay.
现在不是时候 我们还有工作 对
Okay. For the record, I did not hear any of this.
我什么都没听见
Got it.
明白
I was right.
我猜得没错
It was phenytoin -- three times the usual does.
就是苯妥英 正常剂量的三倍
But she wasn't poisoned at the party.
但她不是在宴会上被下药的
Based on the damage to her liver, it was taken three hours earlier.
根据她的肝脏损伤 药是在宴会开始之前三小时服用的
Who was with Gloria before she left?
她离开前 和谁在一起
That's the killer.
那个人就是凶手
Conrad wasn't there. Neither was Lance or Sofia.
康拉德不在 兰斯和索菲娅也都不在
Just the nurse, Marta.
只有那个护士 玛塔
Jo, they read the will.
乔 遗嘱公布了
The nurse got everything.
那个护工得到了所有财产
Marta, I'm Detective Hanson.
玛塔 我是汉森警探
You know why you're here?
知道你为什么在这里吗
This is about the money.
跟遗产有关
Know what happens if she's charged with murder?
如果她被控谋杀的话 会怎么样
The family lawyers contest the will and the money goes back to them.
家族律师会对遗嘱提出质疑 遗产会回到他们手里
Marta,
玛塔
Gloria Carlyle was poisoned with phenytoin.
格洛丽亚·卡莱尔被人下了苯妥英
You were in charge of her medications, weren't you?
她的药物都是你在负责的不是吗
Yes. But I would never hurt her.
是 但我绝不会伤害她
I was her nurse for 20 years.
我做她的护工20年了
How'd she treat you?
她待你如何
Poorly at first.
开始很恶劣
She was old, angry,
她当时年纪大 脾气差
but someone had to take care of her.
但总得有人照顾她
No one else would.
没其他人愿意
Marta, take me through the night Gloria died,
玛塔 跟我说说格洛丽亚死的那晚
step by step.
事无巨细地说
It was like any other. Dinner was served at 5:00.
和其他晚上一样 晚饭是五点吃的
I helped dress her for the party at half past.
五点半的时候我帮她打扮 准备参加晚宴
She was cold, so I made her a fire.
她觉得冷 所以我帮她生了火
A fire?
火
While she was dressing... The sun was still out.
她还在打扮的时候 那会太阳还没下山
It was warm, mid-80s.
还很暖和 傍晚时分
A fire would have been unbearable.
火炉会让人受不了
Something doesn't fit. We have to go there.
有地方不对 我们得去那里一趟
Conrad's not gonna let us in.
康拉德不会让我们进去的
It's not his anymore.
已经不是他的财产了
Be careful with those boxes.
小心那些箱子
You got it, Mr. Berkowitz.
没问题 伯克威茨先生
Excuse me. Who are you?
抱歉 你们是谁
Detective Martinez, NYPD.
纽约警局的马丁内兹警探
Where's Gloria Carlyle's bedroom?
格洛丽亚·卡莱尔的卧室在哪
Upstairs. Master suite. Great.
楼上的主套间 很好
Touch nothing!
什么都别碰
Marta said Gloria was cold.
玛塔说格洛丽亚当时觉得冷
She wanted a fire.
想生火
Older people get cold, Henry.
老年人是不经冷 亨利
I think there was another reason.
我觉得还有别的原因
I've only seen that in old movies.
我只在老电影里见过
Those movies weren't old to Gloria.
对格洛丽亚来说 那些电影可不老
This room is filled with Degas, Monet, all masterpieces.
这屋子里都是德加 莫奈 名家巨作
And one painting by an unknown Argentinean.
却有一幅无名阿根廷人的作品
Arty!
亚蒂
Damn it! This isn't a complete set.
该死 这不是完整的一套
There's only 23 champagne glasses.
只有23个香槟杯
We're missing one.
少了一个
The list was checked only a week ago.
这单子一星期之前才确认过
Look. "Complete set."
你看 上面写着“完整的一套”
Never drink and you never lose your head.
从不喝酒 也就不会失去理智
She never drank.
她从不喝酒
These are vintage coupe glasses,
这些都是复古香槟杯
her personal set.
她的私人收藏
Were they stored here? Yeah.
它们储藏在这儿了 对
You know your glassware.
你是玻璃器皿行家啊
If you ever have a, uh, case with interesting antiques,
如果有什么有趣的古董
call me.
找我
We're not afraid of dead bodies.
我们不怕死人
We'll step right over them.
会直直地跨过去的
What are you thinking?
你在想什么
She never drank, yet there's one glass missing.
她从不喝酒 但却少了一个杯子
Marta's story doesn't make sense.
玛塔说的话就解释不通了
Okay, Ray. I'll check the dinner plates.
好了 雷 我去看看餐盘
Dinner.
晚饭
Jo, I know this is annoying,
乔 我知道这很让人不爽
But can I please borrow your phone?
但我能借用下你的手机吗
Marta, I don't care where you're from,
玛塔 我不在乎你是从哪里来的
what kind of troubles you had back in the home country.
在你的国家惹上了什么麻烦
My questions are only gonna get tougher here.
我的问题只会越来越难对付
What is it?
怎么了
Oh, no. I'm not --
不 我不会...
H-Henry, I'm --
亨利 我...
What did Gloria have for dinner?
格洛丽亚晚饭吃了什么
Duck confit.
油封鸭
Duck confit.
油封鸭
A traditional Gascony confit?
传统的加斯科尼[法国南部地区]油封鸭吗
Yes. Yeah, traditional.
对 对 传统的那道
Don't call me again, Henry.
别再给我打电话了 亨利
It didn't happen here.
不是在这里发生的
She was given the drug later.
她是之后被人下的药
What about the liver sample?
那肝脏样本怎么说
Duck confit's incredibly salty.
油封鸭非常的咸
The sodium in her system
她体内的钠离子
would have accelerated the drug's effect.
会加快药性的发作
The time of poisoning was wrong by 30 minutes, maybe an hour.
三十分钟前下药是错误推断 可能是一个小时
So, she was killed before the gala.
这么说她在宴会前就被人下了毒手
Let's check the car.
去检查下她的车
Let's go.
走
Excuse me.
抱歉
What are you doing here?
你们怎么会在这里
Our job, sir. Asking questions.
工作 先生 例行询问
This home belongs to the Carlyle Endowment.
这个地方是属于卡莱尔家族捐赠的
I want you both out.
你们俩给我出去
Why?
为什么
Why do you not want us to find your mother's killer?
为什么你不希望我们找出害死你母亲的凶手
You have Marta. Indict her.
你们抓了玛塔 起诉她吧
By the time I'm done, you'll be
希望我办完事的时候 你们两个
solving crimes in the Port Authority Bus Station.
已经在港务局公共汽车站办案了
Sir, I suggest you file a formal complaint
先生 我建议你向我的长官
with my lieutenant.
提出正式的投诉
Consider it done.
如你所愿
Lieutenant Reece, this is Conrad Carlyle.
里斯长官 我是康拉德·卡莱尔
I'm calling about two of your people.
我想跟你说说你的两个手下
1965 Rolls-Royce Phantom V.
1965年生产的劳斯莱斯幻影Ⅴ
Everyone should have one of these.
所有人都该拥有一辆
Scottish leather. Maple inlays.
苏格兰皮革 枫树镶件
Discreet bar.
低调的酒箱
Murder weapon included.
谋杀武器也在其中
This is where it happened.
是在这里发生的
Who was in this limo with Gloria?
谁和格洛丽亚一起坐的这车
Conrad, Sofia, Marta -- one of them killed her.
康拉德 索菲娅 玛塔当中的一个人杀了她
Jo, you don't have to call anyone.
乔 不用打电话
I know who did it.
我知道是谁了
Lieutenant Reece,
里斯长官
I want an explanation for this.
我希望你能就此事给我一个解释
That's why we're here.
这就是喊你们来的原因
Who killed my mother?
是谁杀了我母亲
Gloria did.
格洛丽亚自己
It was suicide?
是自杀
My autopsy revealed a woman with months to live.
尸检显示她还有几个月的生命
Gloria knew this, so she planned her own death,
格洛丽亚知道这个情况 所以计划好了自杀
Down to the last detail --
接下来详细地说
when she would take the drug that would kill her,
她是什么时候服下了能致她死亡的药
how much time she would have after that.
服药到药性发作又有多少时间
She chose the night of the gala
她选择在宴会当晚实施自杀
because it was a celebration of her favorite place
是因为宴会是对她最爱之地的庆祝
and her one chance to tell everyone
也是她向所有人表达她对他们的
exactly what she thought of them.
真实想法的机会
The party was her suicide note.
宴会就是她的遗言
She left the gala knowing she only
知道自己的时间所剩不多后
had a few moments to live.
她离开了宴会
But she was held up by Lance.
但她被兰斯拖住了
The drug was acting too fast now.
而药效发作地太快
When she came to the stairs, she fell.
当她到达楼梯时 她摔了下去
And here was my mistake.
这部分是我的失误
I couldn't imagine her dragging herself
无法想像她忍受着无人能想像的痛苦
across the floor,
拖着病体
30 meters, in pain few could imagine.
一路爬行了30米
I thought only fear could drive someone to do that.
我以为只有害怕才能让人有这种举动
Henry, you're lecturing.
亨利 你又开始长篇大论了
Why did she do it?
她为什么要这么做
Because there was another reason.
因为有另一个原因
There was a letter in Gloria's fireplace,
格洛丽亚的火炉里有一封信
burned the night she died.
在她自杀当晚被烧掉了
It was signed F.C.
署名是F.C.
This room is filled with Degas, Monet, all masterpieces.
这屋子里都是德加 莫奈 名家巨作
What doesn't belong here?
有什么不属于这里呢
This.
这个
A painting by an unknown artist.
一幅无名艺术家的作品
In the 1950s,
在20世纪50年代
Fernando Costa was a young painter on the rise --
费尔南多· 科斯塔是一个冉冉升起的年轻画家
Promising, but hardly worthy of this museum.
前途无量 但进这个博物馆却还不够格
Only one person could make this happen.
只有一个人能让这成真
Gloria Carlyle.
格洛丽亚·卡莱尔
And she was in love with him.
她当时爱上了他
Do you have someone special?
你有爱的人吗
Yes, I do.
是啊 我有
Unfortunately, he couldn't be here tonight.
可惜他今晚来不了
This theory is based on...Love.
这个推理是以 爱为根据
We do have proof, correct?
还有确凿的证据 对吧
Mr. Carlyle?
卡莱尔先生
My father told me once
我父亲曾说过一次
how she'd fallen in love with an artist.
我母亲爱上了一位画家
He told me how he'd found out
他发现以后又是如何
and threatened to ruin this young painter.
威胁着要毁了这位年轻的画家
And mother relented and stayed.
于是我母亲妥协留下了
Father took pride in having won her back.
而父亲以将她赢回而沾沾自喜
He said it was just a dalliance
父亲说那不过是一时迷情
that she'd forgotten.
她早晚会忘记的
But he was wrong.
可是他错了
She never forgave him.
我母亲从未原谅过父亲
And I never forgave her.
而我也从未原谅母亲
She donated millions of dollars
她给展馆捐了数百万美元
to secretly keep this painting on display...
偷偷地将画作在这里展出
and one day die in front of it.
直至某一天可以死在画作前
I hope she saw it.
希望她能看到
Good work back there.
刚刚干得漂亮
Thank you.
谢谢
You know, I know it's hard to go someplace with old memories.
我知道故地重游会让人难过
You do?
你了解吗
Yeah.
当然
Yeah, my husband and I,
我老公生前和我
we used to have this spot in Chinatown.
在唐人街就有一个故地
Best dim sum in the city.
本市点心做得最好的地方
After he died, I went back exactly one time.
他去世后 我只去过一次
The good memories,
过去的美好记忆
those are the ones that hurt the most.
才是最伤人的
Her name was Abigail.
她的名字是阿比盖尔
And there you go.
这才对嘛
We're talking, getting to know each other.
我们谈心 彼此开始了解
Good.
很好
Now I have a serious question.
我现在要问个严肃的问题
Yankees or Mets?
洋基队还是大都会队
More of a cricket man.
我更喜欢板球
Let's go, partner.
走吧 搭档
So, the nurse got everything, huh?
遗产都给了那个护工啊
Amazing.
挺神奇
Well, not exactly.
不全是
Most of the money went to the museum
大部分的钱都给了博物馆
and a handful of charities.
还有部分慈善机构
Marta was left with a paltry $22 million.
玛塔只拿到了两千两百万美元
Chump change.
九牛一毛
And the family?
家族里的人呢
Well, none will starve.
反正都饿不死
The furniture and the ring will keep them
单家具和戒指就够他们
wealthy for years to come.
富足好几十年了
I think Gloria saw her fortune as a curse of sorts,
我想格洛丽亚也许认为财富是对她的诅咒
the thing that kept her from love.
让她得不到自己的爱
Ruined her life.
耽误了她一生
Sad story, indeed.
的确是个悲剧
I don't know.
不一定
In her last moments, she was with the man she loved.
人生最后时刻 是和她爱着的男人在一起
It's a sad story with a happy ending.
是有美好结局的悲伤故事
I guess I'll understand that when I'm older.
可能等我再老点才能懂吧
Think I'll go for a stroll.
我想出去散散步
Checkmate, by the way.
将军 顺便说一下
Well done...Sir.
好棋 先生
Oh, yeah. Take your coat.
对了 带上外套
I don't want to see you, uh, catch your death.
我可不希望你感冒致死
Wait a minute. Where did you get this?
等一下 这个是哪来的
Tell me the truth. Are you in communication
跟我说实话 难道你和
with one or more of the Berkowitz Brothers?
伯克威茨兄弟有来往
Because I forbid that.
坚决不允许
Better.
这才对
For the dead, all is forgotten.
对于死了的人 一切都被遗忘
But all is not lost
但这一切却并没有消失
because they're remembered by us.
因为我们还记得
Some we think of fondly, others less so.
一些人是我们忆起仍深爱的 另一些则不然
A few are remembered by many,
少数人活在众人的记忆中
and some by only a few.
而一些人只有少数人还记得
Promise me we'll never be like Gloria and her husband,
答应我 我们永远不会像格洛丽亚和她丈夫那样
that we'll always love each other.
我们要永远爱着彼此
Oh, never like them. Of course.
永远不会像他们那样 毋庸置疑
My Henry.
我的亨利
Someday I'll be gone and you'll still be here.
总有一天 我会死去而你会继续活着
Abigail...
阿比盖尔
This may be rash...
也许这样有点轻率...
I don't know what the future holds.
我不知道未来如何
But as long as I'm alive...
但只要我活着
...I will always love you.
我将永远爱你
Forever.
永远
Will you marry me?
嫁给我好吗