Appearance
My name is Henry Morgan.
我叫亨利·摩根
My story is a long one.
我的故事说来话长
Something happened nearly two centuries ago.
差不多两个世纪前发生了一点意外
And I was transformed.
我被转化了
But my life is just like yours...
我的生命和你的几乎一样
Except for one small difference.
除了一个小小的差别
It never ends.
我的生命从没有尽头
Over the years,
过了这么多年
you could say I've become a student of death.
可以说我已经是死亡学家了
You see, I need to find a key to unlock my curse.
我得找出破除诅咒的良方
So, I currently work
所以现在
for the New York City Medical Examiner's Office.
我在纽约市的法医办公室工作
It holds the largest collection of slightly-chilled
这里有世界上最多的
corpses in the world.
新鲜尸体
If your game is death, you go where the action is.
如果你想了解死亡 就去死亡最多的地方
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
It's wonderful to be here
很荣幸今晚能在这里
to honor someone who has
将荣誉授予一个
devoted himself so entirely to caring for others.
全心全意只为帮助他人的人
When he was still just a medical resident,
当他还只是一名住院医师的时候
he founded the "First Chance Clinic" in Washington Heights.
他在华盛顿高地建立了"第一可能诊所"
It was one room, one doctor: himself.
诊所只有一个房间 一名医生 他自己
Today, it has a staff of nearly 300
时至今日 诊所已有超过300名员工
and is a beacon of health and hope.
成为了健康和希望的象征
That's also an apt description of its founder.
诊所创立者本人 代表着健康和希望
I know because I'm lucky enough
我之所以知道这些 是因为我很幸运
to have been friends with Ty-Tyler--
从初三起就是泰勒
sorry, "Dr. Forester" since the 9th grade.
不好意思 福雷斯特医生的朋友
And while, yes,
同时我想表明
my family's firm is one of tonight's sponsors,
尽管我家的公司是今晚的赞助人之一
it has nothing to do with
这丝毫不会影响今晚我们把
tonight's 2014 NYC Gives Back "Hero Award"
把2014年的"纽约英雄奖"
going to the best person I've ever met,
颁发给我见过的最好的人
Tyler Forester.
泰勒·福雷斯特
Get up here, Tyler!
到这来 泰勒
You've always done the right thing, Ty.
你一直以来都在做正确的事情 泰
Don't ever change.
永远不要改变
No good deed, indeed.
毫不手软啊
Guy was a doctor at the clinic a few blocks away.
这人是几个街区外那家诊所的医生
He was probably home
有人闯进来的时候
when someone broke in and things got ugly.
他可能刚好在家 场面失控
Business as usual in this part of Harlem.
在黑人住宅区这种事情见多了
He picked the wrong neighborhood for a quiet night at home.
想要晚上安静地呆在家里 这人选错地方了
Yeah, well, he could've afforded rent someplace else,
是啊 他可以去租更好的房子
that's for sure.
这点是肯定的
What do you mean?
你为什么这么说
The victim is Tyler Forester.
死者是泰勒·福雷斯特
His father's Lawrence Forester.
他父亲是劳伦斯·福雷斯特
What do you mean, the CEO of Forester-Lambert?
什么 你是说福雷斯特-兰伯特公司的总裁吗
The billionaire?
那个亿万富翁吗
Well, I'm not his accountant, but that's what I hear.
我不知道他有多少钱 不过我是这么听说的
A billionaire's son living up here like this?
亿万富翁的儿子就住在这种地方啊
What was he, stupid?
他是怎么了 傻吗
Perhaps he wanted to live among his patients.
也许他想生活在病人周围呢
Not so stupid.
也没那么傻
C.O.D. is blunt trauma to the head.
死因是头部的钝挫伤
He was struck with this award from
他是被人拿这个奖杯
approximately a 20-degree vector.
以大约20°矢量砸中了
Vector?
矢量
Angle and force.
角度和力量
Well, then just say that.
直说不就行了
Which means the height of our suspect
这说明嫌犯的身高
is between 5'9" and 6'2".
在179厘米到189厘米之间
And based on the body's current rigor mortis,
再根据尸体的僵硬程度
I'm putting the time of death
我猜测死亡时间
at approximately
应该是
11:30 last night.
昨晚11点30分
This lock, it was broken from the inside.
门锁是从里面被弄坏的
I can tell from the angle--
我可以从墙上的角度
no, I'm sorry, the vector--
不好意思 矢量
marks on the wall.
痕迹里看出来
That doesn't look half bad.
那个看上去好像没怎么坏
Maybe tech can get something off it.
也许技术人员能从里面找到什么呢
So, no other sign of a struggle.
这里没有多余的挣扎痕迹
The lock broken from the inside.
门锁是从屋子里被破坏的
The body's position facing the door
尸体面对着门
seems less like the murderer broke in than--
看上去不像是破门而入的谋杀案
He was let in.
嫌犯是他请进门的
Why did he break the lock?
那为什么要把门锁弄坏
Presumably to make it look otherwise.
好让现场看起来像其他的情况
So, you're thinking
所以你认为
Mr. saint-of-the-city got iced by someone he knew?
纽约的大圣人是被熟人杀了
Yes.
是的
In my experience, just because you're a saint
根据我的经验 就算你是个圣人
doesn't mean that you don't know any sinners.
也不代表你不认识任何罪人
Every crime, like every person,
每桩犯罪 就像每个人一样
has its secrets.
都有自己的秘密
Some are never revealed,
有些秘密永远都无法揭开
while others are hidden in plain sight.
有些一眼就能发现
Roman numerals.
这些是罗马数字
I know what they are, Henry.
我知道它们是什么 亨利
Benefits of a New York City public-school education.
多亏了纽约公立学校给我的教育
Of course.
当然了
But what do they mean?
但它们代表着什么
Well, there's a lot about this guy that's hard to figure.
这人身上的不解之谜多着呢
I spent the entire morning up at his clinic.
我在他的诊所里待了一早上
Turns out nobody knew him very well.
发现大家都不怎么了解他
He worked crazy hours, was completely devoted.
他全身心地投入到工作中 不分昼夜
But it seems like doctoring
但是看起来行医
was the only thing he really cared about.
是他唯一在乎的事情
Yes, well, practicing medicine
是的 医学研究
can be a passion unlike any other.
可以是一种与众不同的爱好
Cover the body.
把尸体盖上吧
It's the father.
他父亲来了
I wasn't aware of any tattoo, no.
我没见过这些纹身
Nor can I offer a guess as to its meaning.
我也不知道它们代表什么
The truth is,
事实上
I didn't know Tyler very well, and hadn't for some time.
我不太了解泰勒 已经这样有一段时间了
Was that due to something specific?
是出于什么特殊的原因吗
No.
不是
At least, not that I'm aware of.
至少我不这么觉得
Over time, he just
时过境迁 他就这样
drifted away.
慢慢地和我疏远了
Well, "drifted" is perhaps too mild a word.
"疏远"这个词可能还太温和了
He pushed us away.
他拒绝我们的关心
You and your wife?
你和你的妻子吗
Divorced five years, but yes.
虽然离婚五年了 但是的
Starting around the time Tyler went off to college,
从泰勒去上大学那时候开始
he basically began to rebuff us at every turn.
他回绝我们每一次的关心
Mr. Forester, given your financial profile,
福雷斯特先生 根据你的经济情况
we really do need to consider
我们可能会考虑
the possibility that money was a factor.
金钱是其中的一个杀人动机
My profile, yes, but not Tyler's.
我的经济情况很好 但是泰勒并不好
He had nothing.
他什么都没有
I'll show you his bank records.
我会把他的银行记录给你们看
Not only did he refuse to take anything from me,
不仅是因为他拒绝我给他的任何东西
he gave most of what little he did make on his own
他还把他那微薄收入的大部分
to other charities.
都捐给了慈善机构
A few I had never even heard of.
有的机构我甚至从未听说过 Some of the forensic evidence
我们从泰勒公寓收集到的证据
that we gathered from Tyler's apartment
经过法医鉴定显示
suggests that Tyler might have been killed by
泰勒可能是被他认识的人
someone he knew.
杀害的
Is there anyone in Tyler's life that
在你印象中 泰勒身边
you can think of that we would benefit from speaking to
有没有别人能帮我们了解情况的
There's a memorial service tomorrow morning.
明早会举行追悼会
Maybe there'll be people there
也许在那你们会找到
who knew him better than I did.
比我更熟悉他的人
I certainly hope so.
我希望是这样
My father brought it all back with him from Vietnam.
我父亲从越南把这些都带回来了
Army?
陆军吗
Dad? No, marines.
我爸吗 不 是海军
Army.
我是陆军
'67 and '68.
67年到68年
Airborne.
空降兵
Okay.
好吧
So, then, you can probably see
你大概也看出来了
that the buddha statue is the real deal.
这个佛像才是最值钱的
My dad said he got it from a monk in the jungle.
我爸爸说这是从丛林里一个和尚那得到的
Well, in my experience,
据我的经验
monks aren't always the, uh, most reliable sources.
和尚通常不是最可靠的来源
Well, in my experience, my dad is.
据我的经验 我爸爸是最可靠的
I can give you $500 for all of it.
这些我给你五百块
Okay. You got a deal.
好的 成交
There you are. Thanks.
给你 谢谢
You're welcome.
不客气
You just buy that?
你刚买的吗
Yeah. A stellar example of the Bangkok airport gift shop
是的 曼谷机场礼品店买的精美礼品
circa 1970.
大约是1970年的
Well, sometimes what we don't know doesn't hurt us, right?
有时候 不知道的事不会伤害到我们
Well, that was kind of you.
你真善良
Though I think, just as often,
尽管我认为 通常
what we don't know does hurt us.
不知道的事会伤害到我们
I spoke to a father who was in mourning today,
今天我跟一个出丧的父亲交谈
troubled by how little he really knew about his son.
他为不曾真正了解自己的儿子而备受折磨
A new case?
新案子吗
Yes, a young doctor who founded a free clinic uptown.
是的 一个在住宅区创立了免费诊所的年轻医生
Apparently devoted so entirely to medicine and his work
很明显他把自己都贡献给医学和事业
that he pushed everything else in his life away.
把身边所有的人和事都拒之千里
Yes, well, all you doctors
是啊 所有做你们医生这行的
can get a little consumed by your work.
都对你们的工作有些痴迷
More than a little, now and then.
不止一点 时不时的
Are you referring to --
你又要说...
If memory serves, and I believe it does,
如果我没记错的话
there was a certain October.
那是一个十月
1956, to be exact...
准确说是在1956年
Oh, please, not again.
拜托 别又说一遍
...When a little boy, just 10 years old,
一个小男孩 只有十岁
was promised by his parents --
他的父母 一个护士 一个医生
one a nurse, the other a doctor --
向他保证
that he'd be taken to the Fifth Game of the World Series
要带他去看世界职业棒球联赛第五场
between the New York Yankees and --
纽约洋基队和...
Oh, for the thousandth time,
说一千遍了
we were working the emergency room.
我们当时在急诊室工作
There was an emergency.
当时有急诊
Couldn't just leave and take you to a baseball game.
不能就那么离开 带你去看棒球赛
Don Larsen pitched a perfect game in Game Five.
唐·拉尔森在第五场有个精彩的投球
Do you know how often that happens in the World Series?
你知道在世界职业棒球联赛中有多罕见吗
Ever? Do you?
有过吗 你知道吗
I believe only --
我只相信...
Just once!
只有一次
And I missed it because of you.
就因为你们我才错过的
Even at Hamilton,
即使在汉密尔顿
not exactly a bastion of selflessness,
一个不算是无私的地方
there was something about Tyler
泰勒的品格
that seemed of a higher plane.
也似乎到了一个新的高度
He wasn't a saint, trust me,
他不是个圣人 相信我
but for us, at least, he came close.
但至少对我们来说 他已经很接近了
He will forever be in our hearts.
他会永远活在我们心里
Hamilton school is one
汉密尔顿学院是
of the oldest private schools in New York.
纽约最老的私立学院之一
Yeah. And the richest.
是的 也是最贵的
They're all wearing the same class rings.
他们都戴着相同的戒指
The city's best and brightest.
这城市最光鲜闪耀的一群人
Do I detect a chip on your shoulder, detective?
你是不是觉得委屈 警官
Then again, your instincts may be right.
你的直觉可能是对的
The one with the facial hair,
那个络腮胡子的
agitated breathing, sweating, dilated pupils.
呼吸急促 流汗 瞳孔变大
He's on something -- cocaine, most likely.
他肯定嗑药了 可能是可卡因
Yeah, well, you can't teach class.
是啊 你又不能教课
So, where might he be off to?
他会去哪里呢
Bathroom's out of order.
卫生间出故障了
But, then again, what do I know? I'm not a plumber.
不过 我知道什么呢 我又不是水管工
I'm just a detective.
我只是个警官
Jo Martinez, NYPD.
纽约警局的乔·马丁内兹
A detective?
警官
Okay.
好吧
I'm Paul.
我是保罗
Paul Gould.
保罗·古尔德
So, you guys are here because...
你们出现在这里是因为...
Because your friend was murdered.
因为你朋友是被谋杀的
When was the last time you saw Tyler?
你最后一次见泰勒是什么时候
Spoke to him?
跟他说话
It had been a while, actually.
有很长时间了
Can't remember when, exactly.
实在记不清楚了
God, the whole thing is just so messed up, you know?
天呐 整件事真是一团糟 知道吗
Can't really believe it.
真不敢相信
Were you aware at all that Tyler had a tattoo?
你知道泰勒身上的纹身吗
A rather prominent one on his chest?
他胸口上有个很明显的纹身
A tattoo? Tyler? Really?
纹身 泰勒吗 真的吗
Excuse me, can I help you two?
抱歉 有什么能帮到你们二位的吗
I'm an NYPD detective,
我是纽约警察局的警官
And we're investigating Tyler's murder.
我们在调查泰勒的谋杀案
Okay. Well, this is a memorial service, detective.
好吧 这可是个追悼会 警官
And I'm sure Mr. And Mrs. Forester,
而我确定福雷斯特先生和夫人
like the rest of us, would appreciate it --
和我们其他人一样 会希望...
Mr. Forester invited us.
是福雷斯特先生邀请我们来的
Cassandra Mueller. I'm an attorney.
卡桑德拉·米勒 我是一名律师
Does Paul here need a lawyer?
这儿的这位保罗需要律师吗
Actually, we were just leaving.
实际上 我们正打算走
Detective, might I have a moment?
警官 能等我一下吗
I'm sorry for your loss.
我对您的损失深表遗憾
We'll be in touch.
我们会联系你的
Carter Pilsen. Hi.
我是卡特·皮尔森 你们好
I'm so sorry for Cassandra's tone.
我为卡桑德拉的语气道歉
And, uh...Paul.
还有保罗的态度
But it's a tough day for all of us,
但今天对我们所有人而言都是艰难的一天
as you can imagine,
你可以想象得到
And, of course, we'd like to help you
以及 当然了 我们很乐意
with your investigation any way we can.
尽我们所能协助你们的调查
Thank you.
谢谢
When was the last time you saw Tyler?
你最后一次见到泰勒是什么时候
Before the night of the murder?
在他被杀的前一晚吧
Um, I presented him with the "Hero Award" that evening.
那晚我给他颁发了"英雄奖"
We chatted briefly afterward,
之后我们短暂地聊了会儿天
but he left early,
但是他早早离场了
Said he had to be up at the clinic the next day.
说自己第二天得去诊所
And before that...
而在那之前...
Several years.
我们有好几年没联系过了 We were all really close in high school,
高中的时候我们非常亲密
but,
但是
you know things change.
世事无常
Can you think of a reason why the date "June 10, 2005"
你知道为什么"2005年6月10日"
would mean anything special to Tyler?
对泰勒而言很特殊吗
No.
不知道
Why?
怎么了
Thank you for your time, Mr. Pilsen.
谢谢您花时间 皮尔森先生
And, again, I'm so sorry for your loss.
再次向你表达我的遗憾
What was that about? That date?
那是怎么回事 那个日期
The guy practically turned white.
那家伙的脸一下子就白了
Yes, he did, didn't he?
是啊 的确 可不是嘛
Do you have a mirror on you?
你身上有带镜子吗
You know, one of those -- what do you call them --
就是那种 你们管它们叫什么来着
Compacts. For makeup.
粉盒 用来化妆的
No, of course not.
没有 当然没有了
H-henry...
亨...亨利
Henry.
亨利
Look at the photo.
看看这照片
Top right-hand corner.
右上角
The date stamp.
那个日期戳
Now...
现在...
Hold this card up to this mirror.
拿着这张卡对着镜子
Tyler's tattoo -- June 10, 2005.
泰勒的纹身 "2005年6月10日"
It was a date he wanted to remember.
这是个他希望记住的日子
Or he wouldn't let himself forget.
或者他不想让自己忘记的日子
It was the day he graduated from Hamilton.
那是他从汉密尔顿毕业的那天
Everything seemed perfect.
一切看起来都如此完美
I think they all
那天下午
left later that afternoon for Southampton,
他们一起出发去南安普敦
to spend the summer.
过暑假
The four of them were... inseparable.
他们四个...形影不离
I think Tyler had a mad crush on Cassandra.
我觉得泰勒疯狂地爱上了卡桑德拉
Though I believe it was Paul that she was dating.
但我相信她当时是在和保罗约会
But Tyler didn't stay with them on Long Island for long.
但是泰勒没有和他们一起在长岛待很久
He was back in the city in a few weeks' time.
几周后他就回城里了
Why'd he leave early?
他为什么走得这么早
I don't know.
我不知道
But that's really when the change in him began.
但正是那时候他开始变了
This...Sadness.
这种...悲伤
It's also when he started refusing
也是从那时开始 他开始拒绝
to take any money from us.
问我们要钱
At the last second,
在最后一刻
he chose to attend a state school over Harvard,
他选择了一个州立大学 放弃了哈佛
to pay his own tuition.
以便能自己支付学费
It's admirable.
真是令人敬佩
Of course, we...
当然了 我们...
admire Tyler for his choices, his...
敬佩泰勒的选择 他...
commitment to helping others.
立志于帮助他人的决心
But we seem to have lost him,
但是我们似乎从此
somehow, to all of it.
失去了他
Wish you had a phone.
真希望你有手机
Lab results came back for the substance
奖杯上那东西的
that was on the award.
检验结果出来了
95% diesel gasoline
有95%的汽油柴油
and almost 5% something called "supercetane."
还有将近5%的某种被称为"超级鲸蜡烷"的
Ah, a polycyclic hydrocarbon.
是一种多环烃
Right. Yes. Oobviously.
是的 是的 显然的
It's an additive in fuel engineered for small boats.
是一些小船的引擎燃料中的添加剂
Well, less than 50 feet -- relatively small.
不足15米 相对较小的船
I've been on bigger.
我坐过更大的
Have you? On a cruise?
真的吗 游轮吗
Possibly romantic in tone?
也许是蛮浪漫的那种吗
Still trying to crack the code.
我还在试图解密呢
Okay, moving on.
好吧 继续
Because my passion for my work has no bounds --
因为我对我工作的热情无边
Well, very few bounds -- I went over the body again,
没什么边...我又检查了一遍尸体
and I found the smallest, really, just the tiniest,
然后我找到了最小的 真的 非常小的
"kind of amazing that I found it"
"我能找到真是挺厉害的"
piece of human hair.
一点人的毛发
Not the victim's.
不是死者的
Lucas...
卢卡斯
that's excellent work.
真是出色的工作啊
Have you -- gotten the DNA signature?
你找出DNA序列了吗
Yes. It's from an adult Caucasian female.
找出了 是一位成年白人女性的
That's all we got so far.
目前我们只掌握了这么多
It doesn't match any of our databases.
在我们数据库里没有匹配的
Contact the Hamilton school.
联系一下汉密尔顿学院
They may keep DNA swabs of their students.
他们也许留着学生的DNA药签
Some elite schools do
一些精英学校会这样做的
as part of their abduction precautionary measures.
作为绑架预防措施的一部分
We may find a match.
我们说不定能找到匹配的
Right.
没错
Wow, don't think anybody at my high school
我不觉得假如我在高中时被绑架了
would notice if I was abducted.
学校里会有人知道
Well, look how far you've come.
看看如今你多有长进
You're now someone whose abduction...
你如今是那种假如被绑架了...
would be noticed.
就一定会被注意到的人
Yeah.
没错
It would.
会的
Thanks, Doc.
谢谢你 医生
How you doing, Jo?
你怎么样 乔
All right.
还行
You know, today we're gonna talk to
我们今天要和死者的
a few of the victim's high-school friends.
几个高中同学谈谈
I feel like they know more than they're letting on.
我觉得他们还有些内情没透露
Oh, that's good.
很好
But I wasn't asking about the Forester case.
但我要问的不是福雷斯特的案子
How you doing since the shooting?
开枪后你觉得怎么样
My shooting.
那次开枪之后
I-I-I'm fine.
我...没事
Yeah, I mean, the guy was a bona fide psychopath.
那人是个真正的精神病患者
So it's not like he gave us any choice, right?
所以没给我们选择的余地
I was a beat cop, a few months in,
我当时还是个巡警 刚进来几个月
the first time I fired my weapon.
第一次开枪
Two shots, guy dies.
开了两枪 那人死了
Robbery in progress in a shoe store.
当时他正在抢劫一个鞋店
Few weeks later, I'm on the street,
几周后 我在街上巡逻
the dealer pulls a gun on me.
那个经销商拔枪指着我
You know what happens?
知道后来发生了什么事吗
You couldn't draw your gun?
你拔不出自己的枪
Bullet fever, right?
子弹恐惧症 对吧
Look, Lieutenant, I know that that can happen,
长官 我知道这事有可能发生
and I-I appreciate your concern, but...
我很感激你的关心 但是
I'm okay.
我真的没事
I didn't freeze. I fired.
其实我没愣住 反而开枪了
I shot him in the leg like I was trained to do.
我打中了他的脚 正如受训时那样
There you go.
这就对了
Thing is, right around that time, though, every morning,
重点是 那段时间的每天早上
I'm getting ready to go to work,
在我准备去上班
I bend over to tie my shoes...
弯下腰系鞋带时
I freeze... Laces in my hand.
我都会愣住 手里拿着鞋带
It's like a bad joke.
就像是个冷笑话
Pop a guy in a shoe store,
在鞋店朝人开了枪
got to start wearing slippers.
以后只能开始穿拖鞋了
The point is, is that...
重点是
I didn't think that killing someone affected me, either.
我认为杀一个人也不会对我有影响
Nothing stays buried, Jo.
事情是不会被遗忘的 乔
It all comes up -- one way or another.
不管怎样它们总会再次出现
Thanks for coming in, Ms. Mueller.
谢谢你能来一趟 米勒小姐 Of course. So...
不客气
Have any leads?
有线索了吗
We're getting there.
正在调查中
Had you seen Tyler recently?
你最近有见过泰勒吗
Once or twice, briefly.
一两次 时间都很短
We had grown apart somewhat over the years.
我们已经分开多年了
Since the summer after you graduated high school in 2005?
自从2005年夏天你高中毕业之后吗
That's right.
没错
So, you were telling us about Tyler that summer.
你刚才在说泰勒在那年夏天的事
Just that...
这么说吧
i-if you ask me, Tyler got all bummed out that summer
如果你问我 泰勒那年夏天非常沮丧
because of me and Cass being together.
那是因为我和卡斯在一起
He was totally in love with her.
他当时深爱着她
Carter too, probably.
卡特可能也是
There are two kinds of people in this world --
这个世界上有两种人
those who look back and those who look forward.
一种人是回首过去 另一种人是展望未来
I think Tyler looked back.
我认为泰勒是前者
And Lord knows Paul does.
没人知道保罗是哪种
But Cassandra and I are different.
但是我和卡桑德拉不同
Cassandra's special. There's no one like her.
卡桑德拉很独特 没人和她一样
We've all tried to help Paul.
我们都设法帮助保罗
I know that a few years ago,
我知道几年前
Tyler gave him a key to his place.
泰勒把他住所的钥匙交给了他
The night he was killed, I was at home.
他被杀当晚 我在家里
Just, you know, home.
就是在家里
After the awards, I went back to my office.
颁奖典礼结束后 我回到办公室
I had a ton of work to do.
还有一堆工作要处理
Cassandra was there with me.
卡桑德拉当时和我在一起
Actually, she's one of the lawyers
其实她是我带领的一个项目里的
on a deal I'm spearheading.
其中一名律师
I went uptown to see Tyler a few weeks ago.
几周前我去上城区见泰勒
I had been... missing him.
我一直很想念他
I don't think I told Carter or Paul about it, though.
我想我没把这件事告诉过卡特或是保罗
They can both tend to get a little...
他们俩很容易
jealous.
嫉妒
Paul thought Cass had started seeing Tyler.
保罗认为卡斯开始和泰勒交往
Like, dating.
就是男女约会那种
He called me about it.
他因此给我打了电话
This was a few days before Tyler was killed.
那是泰勒遇害前几天的事了
But he was wrong.
但是他想错了
And I-I told him so.
我也是这么告诉他的
Why do you think Tyler had "6-10-05" tattooed
你觉得泰勒为什么在胸前
in reverse across his chest?
纹上反向的6-10-05
No clue.
毫无头绪
You'd have to ask Tyler.
那你就得问泰勒了
Paul was right
保罗是对的
about Cassandra having started to see Tyler again.
卡桑德拉的确是再次和泰勒交往
The necklace she was wearing
她戴着的那条项链
is the one with the triangle charm on it,
就是镶有三角形宝石的那条
It's the other half of the one
那就是我们在泰勒公寓里
we found at Tyler's apartment.
找到的项链的另一半
But she's clearly romantically involved with Carter, as well.
但是很明显 她当时也和卡特在交往
There's a gift-wrapped box of perfume at Carter's -- Chanel.
卡特的桌上有一个包着香奈儿香水的礼盒
It was a present for Cassandra.
那是送给卡桑德拉的礼物
It's the scent that she wears.
她身上的香水正是那种气味
I detected it when we were with her.
我们和她谈话时 我闻到了
Hm, fond of Chanel, are we?
看来我们都喜欢香奈儿嘛
But it's clear that Paul still carries a torch for Cassandra,
但是显然保罗仍然单恋着卡桑德拉
which is why she was hiding
所以她一直对他隐瞒着
her relationship with Tyler and Carter from him.
自己与泰勒以及卡特的关系
Man, this girl is something, huh?
这姑娘太有手段了
A most tangled web, indeed.
这关系的确是交织不清
Hey. I got that phone working,
我把手机修复好了
the one you pulled from the Forester apartment.
就是你们从福雷斯特公寓里拿来的那台
Oh, anything interesting on it?
有什么发现吗
Yeah.
有
This is for Mr. and Mrs. Meachum.
这是为米基姆夫妇准备的
My name is Tyler Forester, and I...
我叫泰勒·福雷斯特
I don't know how to say this.
我不知道该如何开口
It has to do with what happened to your son.
这和发生在你们儿子身上的事有关
It's something that I -- that we
是一件我...我们
need to --
需要...
What the hell are you doing, Tyler?
你在干什么 泰勒
We don't bring up the video.
我们不要提视频的事
We just ask him nicely
我们就好好地请他
to come down to the station and talk some more.
跟我们去一趟警局再问些问题
Hopefully by then,
希望到时候
Reece will have some information
里斯能查到泰勒在视频里
on these Meachum people Tyler brought up in the video.
提到的叫米基姆的人的信息
"Ask nicely," yes.
"好好地请" 好的
Shall I handle that part?
这部分我来负责吗
Paul?
保罗
Paul?
保罗
Paul!
保罗
He's overdosed.
他注射过量了
Body temperature's spiked. He's not breathing.
体温在上升 没有呼吸了
Help me up! Yep.
帮我一把 好的
Paul!
保罗
This is Detective Jo Martinez.
我是乔·马丁内兹警探
I need an ambulance.
我需要一辆救护车
Coffee grounds, white sugar...
咖啡渣 白糖
baking soda! Yes!
小苏打 就是你了
Yeah, 3127 Avenue C, Apartment 3C.
是的 C大道3127号 房间3C
Thanks.
谢谢
Leftover Chinese food, mustard.
吃剩的中餐 芥末
Sour milk!
酸牛奶
Paul?
保罗
Paul, drink this!
保罗 喝了这个
Paul, can you hear me?!
保罗 听得到我说话吗
Sour milk and baking soda.
酸牛奶加小苏打
An old technique to induce vomiting.
古老的催吐剂
How did you know to do that?
你怎么知道要这么做的
You know, you live long enough,
只要活得够长
you learn a thing or two.
总能学上个一两招
Paul didn't strike me as much of a hiking enthusiast.
我不觉得保罗像是登山爱好者
How about you?
你怎么看
EMT says that he won't be able to answer any questions
医护人员说明早之前他都没法
until tomorrow morning.
回答任何问题
He may have recently visited the trail
他最近可能去了一趟
earmarked in this book.
这本书里写的登山路线
The mud on his boots is fresh and sandy,
他靴子上的泥土很新鲜 还有沙子
and is similar to the soil found in this trail.
和那条路线上的泥土一样
But there's nothing related to the name "Robert Meachum."
但是仍然找不到和罗伯特·米基姆相关的东西
Well, thanks to you,
多亏有你在
we still have a shot at Paul filling us in.
我们还能有希望从保罗口中问出点什么
Can I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
Did you ever think of becoming a real doctor?
你有没有想过去做个真正的医生
Actually, I am a real doctor,
实际上 我就是个真正的医生
and will try not to be offended on behalf of
并且作为全国各地的法医兄弟会的代表
the brotherhood of medical examiners the world over.
会努力不受到世人的冒犯
The answer to your question...
你的问题的答案是
Yes.
没错
I was a physician for a time.
我曾经是个医生
Years ago.
很多年前了
So why did you stop?
那你为什么不干了
It was time for a change.
正好做个改变
Game Five of the World Series at Yankee Stadium.
在洋基球场举办的世界职业棒球大赛的第五场
Look what happens when you lose a bet and don't pay!
让你尝尝赌输了后还赖账的下场
Please don't hurt me! No more excuses!
不要伤害我 别再找借口了
Look, I need a few more days!
听着 再宽限几天 Pay me! Please, just
付钱 求你了 就...
No!
不
Get the hell out of here!
快给我滚
Look, please.
求你了
Please...
求你了
I'm a doctor.
我是一个医生
You're also a witness.
你也是个目击者
Henry, Reece got a line on the Meachums --
亨利 里斯查到米基姆夫妇了
A doctor and his wife living on Long Island,
是一个医生 和他妻子住在长岛
little town called "Manorville."
一个叫马诺维尔的小镇子里
Their son, Robert Meachum,
他们的儿子 罗伯特·米基姆
was reported missing June 12, 2005.
在2005年7月12日被报失踪
He was 17.
当时17岁
Two days after the tattoo date.
那是纹身日期的两天以后
And Manorville just happens to be down the road from --
马诺维尔刚好在去某个地方的路上
Let me guess -- Southampton.
我猜猜 南安普顿
Yep. As a matter of fact,
没错 实际上
Robert Meachum was never found.
后来再也没找到罗伯特·米基姆
He was presumed dead. And there's more.
他被推测已经死亡 还有
I got a judge to issue a warrant
我让一个法官签署了
for Paul's credit-card records.
对保罗的信用卡账单的搜查令
They show that Paul bought a tank of gas in Manorville
记录显示追悼会第二天早上五点
at 5:00 A.M. the morning after the memorial.
保罗在马诺维尔买了一桶汽油
That's a pretty early start for a guy like that, hmm?
对于这种人来说是不是起得太早了
Or a late finish.
也可能是前一晚熬到那时候了
So, I checked.
我查过了
This place is nowhere near the house Paul's family owns.
这地方离保罗家的房子都很远
They're beachfront, naturally.
这里是天然的海滨地区
What is it about him and the others
他和别的那些人出身富贵这件事
being from wealthy families that bothers you so much?
就这么让你耿耿于怀吗
None of us can choose our parents, can we?
我们没法选择自己的出身 对吗
When I was 11, I got this scholarship
我11岁时 收到了一所
to a fancy, private school in Manhattan.
曼哈顿的高级私人学校的奖学金
So I started there in the fall.
于是秋季学期我就去了那边
And the kids were smart and sophisticated
那的孩子既聪明又成熟
just like I'd hoped.
正如我所期待的
They were also...
同时他们也非常
vicious.
恶毒
Three weeks in, this little blonde,
三个礼拜不到 有个金发小姑娘
she pushes me when I'm on the stairs.
在我走楼梯时把我推下去了
I fell. I broke my wrist.
我摔在地上 折断了手腕
Bunch of kids saw the whole thing, wouldn't say a thing.
一大群孩子都看见了 却没人站出来
Well, I was back to my old school
圣诞节前我就转回
by Christmas, and good riddance.
原来的学校了 还好摆脱了他们
Kids can be that way sometimes.
小孩子有时候就会这样
Doesn't mean that they'll grow up to be --
这不代表他们长大后会变成...
Killers? No, of course not.
杀手吗 当然不会
Unless they kill someone.
除非他们杀了人
Do you know where I can find the owner?
你知道这儿的主人在哪吗
You're looking at him.
近在眼前
What can I do for you?
有什么需要帮助的吗
Your gas pumps,
你的油泵
do you have any security cameras trained on them?
你有没有给它们安装摄像头
Uh, yeah.
有啊
Right here.
这边
I haven't worked the graveyard shift since I bought the place,
我买下这地方后就没上过夜班
but, uh, this should have everything you're looking for.
但是这里应该有你们要找的
He's wearing the same boots we saw in his apartment.
他穿的是我们在他房间看到的那双靴子
Is there anything in the direction
有什么东西在
the guy with the bag is walking?
那个背包男走去的方向吗
Just a dumpster.
只有一个垃圾桶
Burying evidence?
掩藏证据
Or digging it up.
或者是挖出来
We'll move slowly.
我们慢慢前进
Everyone's eyes should stay at a specific vector --
每个人在小径的两边
angle -- on either side of the trail.
注意一个特定的矢量...角度
We're looking for a grave,
我们在找一个坟墓
possibly one recently dug or dug up.
可能是一个新坟或者新被掘的坟
Watch for aberrant soil variations
要特别注意异常的土壤变化和
and grade anomalies. Thank you.
层次异常情况 谢谢
How do you know all this stuff?
你是怎么知道这些的
I used to be a grave digger.
我曾经是个掘墓人
Right. How could I forget?
对啊 我怎么把这给忘了
I got to ask you -- did you enjoy it?
那我得问问 你喜欢那份工作吗
Found it rewarding.
我觉得蛮值得的
There!
在那
Hold up!
停下
For a young tree -- I'd say only around 10 years old --
对于一棵树龄约为10岁
to be growing so robustly
在这棵古树的阴影下生长
underneath the canopy of this old grove
却能长得如此茂盛的小树来看
suggests it's being uniquely fertilized.
这只能说明它有特殊的肥料
By human remains.
人体残骸
Decomposition provides what amounts to alocalized
腐烂物提供了积累到一定程度
nitrate fuel-injection to the soil.
就能给局部土壤注入硝酸盐的成分
You see, our questioning led them
我们的询问让他们
to surmise that Tyler's tattoo would
猜测到泰勒的纹身最终
eventually lead us to finding the grave,
会指引我们找到这个坟墓
so they came back here,
所以他们就回到这个
to where they buried the body nine years ago,
九年前埋藏尸体的地方
to move it before we found it.
想在我们发现之前把尸体移走
I think we got something here.
这里有发现
But I don't think they succeeded.
但是看来他们失败了
But we have.
而我们成功了
I believe these are the remains of Robert Meachum.
我认为这些就是罗伯特·米基姆的残骸
So, you think they went out there
所以你觉得他们到那里
to move the body and couldn't find it?
想移走尸体但却找不到位置
It's not so surprising, really.
其实这也很正常
It had been nine years.
都过去九年了
And my sense is that
而且我觉得
they've all been doing their best
他们很努力地
to forget it ever happened.
想要忘记曾经发生过什么
All of them except Tyler, that is.
当然除却泰勒
I think it just became too much for him,
我想时刻保守着秘密
carrying that secret around.
这对他来说一定太沉重了
Well, uh, we all have our secrets, don't we?
我们每个人都有秘密 对吧
Have a nice day.
祝你度过愉快的一天
What's yours?
你有什么秘密
Your biggest secret?
你最大的秘密是什么
Well, if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, would it?
如果我告诉你 那就不叫秘密了吧
Well, okay. Fine.
也对 好吧
You don't have to tell me.
你不用告诉我
Of course, you do know mine, so...
你明显知道我的秘密了 所以...
No judgments.
不许评价我
And don't give me that
也别跟我说
"I'm the least judgmental person you'll ever meet" crap.
"我是你见过的最不妄下评论的人"这种废话
No judgments.
不予评论
All right.
好吧
When I first opened this place, um --
当初我开店的时候
now, remember, you weren't around at the time --
记住啊 那个时候你不在
I sold a piece I knew was fake.
我卖了一个假货
For quite a sum.
而且卖了个好价钱
I put all my savings into opening this place.
我当时把我的积蓄都投在这个店里了
I mean,
我是说
I hadn't sold a thing.
我当时什么都没卖出去
I was behind on my rent, on everything, and, uh,
我欠着房租等等费用 然后...
well... I lied.
我撒谎了
I looked the customer right in the eye...
我直视着客人的眼睛...
and I lied.
但是我撒谎了
I-I'm not proud of it.
我对此一点都不感到骄傲
But you know, at the time,
但是要知道 在那个时候 it felt like -- it felt like...
我感觉...
...it was them or me.
要么卖要么留
So...
所以...
Well, it's just something I'll have to live with.
这就是我要背负的罪恶感
I'm gonna put my hands on the wound,
我会用手压着你的伤口
stop the bleeding.
阻止流血
Don't let me die, doc.
救救我 医生
I heard a gunshot. Yeah. I think someone's hurt.
我听到枪声了 我想有人受伤了
I'm sorry!
我很抱歉
Right here! Over here! I'm sorry.
在这 就在这 我很抱歉
Somebody talk to me. What do we got?
跟我说说怎么回事 这里什么情况
Heard a gunshot. Not clear.
我听到一声枪响 具体情况不明
There's another guy.
那里还有一个
I saw him over there.
我刚看到他在那
The bones have been DNA-tested,
我们检测了尸骨的DNA
and are confirmed to be those of Robert Meachum.
并确认了这是罗伯特·米基姆的尸体
And soil samples from the site
而犯罪现场的土质样本中
contain traces of DNA from Paul Gould,
也有保罗·古尔德
Carter Pilsen, and Cassandra Mueller.
卡特·皮尔森和卡桑德拉·米勒的DNA
How were the samples matched?
这些样本的参照物是什么
Through their old high school.
从他们高中拿到的
They did DNA swabs as a part of abduction precautions.
他们做了DNA取样以防绑架事件
You guys would, you know,
如果我被绑架了
notice if I was abducted, right?
你们会发现的 对吧
I've already told him that we would be,
我已经告诉他如果我们不太忙的话
if it wasn't too busy.
我们会发现的
The school swabs are also how we definitively matched the hair
学校样本也让我们确定了
that Lucas found on Tyler's body to Cassandra,
卢卡斯在泰勒体内找到的头发是卡桑德拉的
putting her at the murder.
所以她当时也在案发现场
Furthermore, analysis of Meachum's bones
另外 通过研究米基姆的骨头发现
reveal injuries consistent with his having been hit by a car.
他身上的伤是因为被车撞到
Front bumper, to be exact.
准确来说 是被保险杠撞到的
Most like a 2005 XJ sedan.
很像2005 XJ型轿车
How could you possibly know that?
你这又是怎么知道的
Because, again, due to the bone fractures,
因为通过骨头损伤可知
the bumper was likely to be 22 to 25 inches off the ground,
保险杠离地约56至63.5厘米
and the '05 XJ sedan is 23.6 inches.
而05年的XJ轿车保险杠高度为60厘米
I have a thing about Jaguars.
我很喜欢捷豹车
And the date-stamped graduation photo
而且在他们标有日期的毕业照上
has the four of them sitting on a 2005 XJ sedan,
他们四个人坐在一辆2005年的XJ轿车
New York plates, registered to Cassandra Mueller.
纽约牌照 注册在卡桑德拉·米勒名下
Probably a graduation gift.
大概是毕业礼物
Spoiled.
宠坏了
No, more like "Guilty."
比较像"愧疚"
So, they killed Meachum,
所以他们杀了米基姆
and then they killed Tyler because he was gonna confess.
然后杀了泰勒 因为他要坦白这一切
Okay. Bring them in.
行了 带他们来
And make sure each of them knows the other is there --
确保他们知道彼此都在
and talking.
才能开口
You killed her -- all three of you.
你们杀了她 你们三个人一起
No! That's not true.
不 并不属实
Stop it, Carter!
够了 卡特
We have footage of you and Paul at the gas station.
我们有你和保罗在加油站的录像
You're holding the shovel.
你当时手拿铁锹
Which we found in the dumpster.
然后我们搜了垃圾箱
It's your DNA in the soil at the grave.
埋尸体的土壤里也有你的DNA
It's over.
都结束了
Look, just... do yourself a favor.
就当帮你自己一个忙
Tell me what happened that night.
告诉我那晚究竟发生了什么
We hit him...
我们撞了他
the kid.
那个孩子
We were drunk, driving home from a party.
我们当时都醉了 从派对开车回家
No one saw the kid.
没人看到那有孩子
Come on, Cass!
来呀 卡斯
I dare you!
我赌你不敢
Come on, you know you want to do it.
来嘛 你知道自己想的
Don't do it, dude. I'll kill you.
别这样 哥们 我宰了你啊
If you want to be with him, then...
你要是想和他在一起...
Okay. Okay. Enough. Enough. Enough.
好了 够了 够了
Watch out!
小心
Paul was driving.
保罗当时在开车
Carter said I was driving?
卡特说是我开的车
Paul said you were the one driving,
保罗说是你开的车
which means you'll get the most time.
说明你的量刑会最重
Which is probably why you went to see Tyler that night
也许这就是为什么你会在那晚去见泰勒
about confessing, isn't it?
谈谈坦白的事 是不是
I was with Carter that night.
那晚我和卡特在一起
I didn't kill Tyler.
我没有杀泰勒
Cassandra couldn't have done it.
卡桑德拉做不到
She was with me that night.
她那晚和我在一起
You can check my firm's doorman.
你可以去问我公司的门卫
I begged Tyler not to send that video to anyone,
我求泰勒不要把录像给任何人看
but he made up his mind.
但他死了心就要去做
I only told Cassandra about it.
我只和卡桑德拉说了这件事
I knew she'd be the only one who could stop him.
她是唯一可以阻止他的人
Tyler wanted to go to the police.
泰勒想去找警察自首
But I told them that...
但我告诉他们...
we had a choice to make,
我们还有的选
that we had to choose ourselves...
我们得为自己...
our futures.
选好未来
So, what you're saying to me is that you killed Meachum,
你是说你杀了米基姆
but you didn't kill Tyler.
但没有杀泰勒吗
Yes.
是的
We did hit that boy that night.
我们那晚确实撞到了那个孩子
I wish we didn't.
我希望我们没有
But we did.
但我们确实撞到了他
But I didn't hurt Tyler.
但我并没有伤害泰勒
I could never do that.
我永远都不可能伤害他
Do you believe her?
你相信她吗
I believe she loved Tyler.
我相信她爱着泰勒
Doesn't mean she didn't kill him.
不代表不会杀了他
No, it doesn't.
是不代表
Well, it's not like anybody can say she didn't have it in her.
她也不是什么善人
She just admitted to killing Robert Meachum.
这不刚刚才承认杀了罗伯特·米基姆
And, of course, Dr. And Mrs. Meachum,
当然米基姆医生和夫人
I can have Robert's remains forwarded directly
我可以将罗伯特的遗体
to the funeral home in Manorville.
直接运到马诺维尔的丧礼
Yes, I...
当然
I suppose that would be best.
我想这是最好的做法了
And, so you know, we have the three in custody.
跟您说一下 我们把三名嫌疑人拘留了
They'll be officially charged later today.
今天晚些时候 他们就会被正式起诉
I told Bobby I didn't want him walking to that gas station
我跟鲍比说我不让他那么晚
in the middle of the night.
还走到加油站去
I told him.
我跟他说了
What is it?
怎么了
Do you mind, awfully, If we
您介不介意 让我们...
hold onto this for a little while longer?
再多保留一阵时间遗体
Thank you.
谢谢
No...
不
Thank you.
谢谢你
I think we resigned ourself
我想我们还是
to never really knowing what happened to Bobby.
永远都不知道鲍比最后变成什么样
It's, um...
这样...
It's better this way.
比较好
Henry, would you just slow down?
亨利 你能不能慢一点
Use your words. What do you need?
张嘴说话 你要什么
Where's Tyler's case file? Wh
泰勒的案宗哪去了 什...
Good lord. How do you find anything?
老天爷啊 你怎么找东西
Here. Here.
这呢 这
Here it is.
找到了 Alicorn International.
天角兽国际
Tyler's father mentioned
泰勒的父亲提到过
that he donated to charities that he'd never even heard of.
他给从没听过的慈善机构捐过款
Well, here's the list.
就在这单子里
I was looking at it the other day.
我那天看到了
There's one charity here, Alicorn International.
这个慈善机构 天角兽国际
Address -- 1342 route 27, Manorville, New York.
地址纽约马诺维尔 1342路27号
Isn't that the same address as --
这不是和...
The station that Tyler and the rest stopped after the accident.
泰勒和其他人在事故后停留的加油站一个地址
Also...
而且...
where Robert Meachum worked.
也是罗伯特·米基姆工作过的地方
Look.
看
Same as on the murder weapon.
和凶器上的一样
And white gravel. Same as Tyler's apartment.
白碎石 和泰勒公寓里的一样
If it isn't New York's finest.
这简直是纽约最炫
I heard you guys found that Meachum kid's body.
听说你们找到了米基姆的尸体
Glad I could help.
很高兴我帮上了忙
Yes, thanks.
没错 谢谢
How long have you worked here, mister...?
你在这工作了多久 先生...
Morris.
莫里斯
Since I was a kid.
从小就在这了
Bought the place five years ago.
五年前买了下来
So, you were the one that changed the name of the station.
是你改了加油站的站名
Yeah. Used to be called "Alicorn Gas."
对 原来叫"天角兽加油站"
Alicorn?
天角兽
A winged unicorn.
有翅膀的独角兽
Stupid, right?
蠢吧
So, I changed it.
所以我给它改了
Tell me, Mr. Morris, were you working here
请告诉我莫里斯先生米基姆失踪的那晚
the night that robert Meachum disappeared?
你是否在这里工作
That was like... 10 years ago.
那都是十年前的事了
I don't know. Why?
我忘了 怎么了
Can we take a look at your bank records?
我们能不能查看你的银行记录
I'm not with the I.R.S., obviously.
虽然我们不是税务局的
It's pertaining to a murder in New York.
这是有关纽约的一场凶杀案
In the city?
市里的吗
What, is this...about that Meachum thing?
关于那个米基姆的吗
Yes. Hey, you know what?
没错 要我说
It's fine. I got nothing to hide.
看呗 我又没什么可隐瞒的
Be right back here. I'll get them.
马上就给你们拿来
Henry!
亨利
Go! I'll be fine!
追 我没事
Drop your weapon!
放下枪
Drop your weapon now!
马上放下枪
Bullet fever, right?
子弹恐惧症
Look, lieutenant, I know that that can happen...
长官 我知道有可能发生...
No.
不
You drop your weapon.
你把枪放下
It's those rich kids from the city who are the bad guys here,
那些城里的富家子弟才是真正的坏人
not me.
不是我
Yes.
没错
We know what they did, Mr. Morris.
我们知道他们做了什么 莫里斯先生
Like we know you were working here that night,
我们也知道那晚你在这工作
the night they hit Meachum...
他们撞了米基姆的那晚...
That you knew what they had done.
你也知道他们的所作所为
And when you found out that Tyler was wealthy,
当你发现泰勒家很富有之后
you decided to blackmail him.
你开始勒索他
Until he decided to confess.
直到他决定坦白
Henry, stop!
亨利 别动
Henry!
亨利
Hey, it's her or you, man. Your call.
射她还是射你 你来选
Me. Shoot me. Henry, stop!
我 射我 亨利 别动
Drop your gun! Drop your gun!
放下枪 放下你的枪
Drop it!
放下
Roll over.
翻过去
Fingers together! Interlace them!
手放到一起 交叉
So, Tyler told Morris
是泰勒告诉莫里斯
he wasn't gonna pay him any more hush money,
他不会再给他封口费了
and Morris went to his apartment after the awards ceremony
然后莫里斯在颁奖礼后去了他的公寓
to threaten him and wound up killing him.
威胁他 最后杀了他
And at the gas station out there, were you all right?
在加油站外 你还好吗
Yeah. I-I was fine.
我挺好的
Meet me here.
到这来见我
5:00.
五点
I understand Tyler's friends brought in their lawyers.
我知道泰勒的朋友们都自带律师
Vehicular assault.
一级汽车伤人
It's not even manslaughter.
连过失杀人都不算
They'll do a few years.
他们只会蹲几年
And the worst part is, I don't think even one of them
最糟的是我想他们几个
lost a moment's sleep over what they did.
没有一个人因为良心不安而失眠过
Yes, well, in the heat of any moment,
在紧要关头
we all have an instinct for self-preservation.
我们都有本能来保护自己
Yeah, but it's the choices we make
所以我们在紧要关头之后
after those moments that count, right?
再做的决定才是真正的决定 是吗
You know, your self-preservation instinct seems non-existent.
但你的自我保护本能似乎荡然无存
Henry, look at me.
亨利 看着我
Don't ever pull another stunt
以后绝对不能再像
like you did at that gas station.
在加油站那样逞英雄了
Understand?
明白吗
Using your weapon has to be instinct, muscle memory.
对武器的使用要像本能一样 肌肉记忆
Not a choice.
而不是选择
We can train our bodies to forget.
我们可以训练身体去忘记
But not our minds.
但心里的记忆却抹除不去
And one thing living forever teaches you
永生教会我的一点是
is that your past, your secrets, mark you always,
无论你是否愿意 你的过去和秘密
like it or not.
总会伴随你终身
My famous Thai-jungle curry.
我最拿手的泰国丛林咖喱
It cures colds and bullet wounds.
可以缓解寒冷医治枪伤
Oh, um, I-it -- it's hot, so, uh, j-just give it a second.
很烫 可以等等再吃
Henry, the other day,
亨利 记得那天
when you asked me about my biggest secret,
你问我我最大的秘密是什么
uh, what I told you, uh, that wasn't it.
我告诉你的并不是
You know, when I was in, uh, Vietnam
当我在越南的时候
and I was just a few weeks into my tour,
才行军了几周
Uh, my platoon was out on patrol at night
我那排人当晚巡逻
and we ran into an ambush.
我们遇到了伏击
And I found myself alone...
我落单了
scared as hell.
吓得要死
And as the fight raged on, I, uh...
当开始交火的时候 我...
I just laid there on the ground, terrified, 'til it was over.
只能趴在地上 恐惧的等着一切结束
I never told anyone.
我从来没和任何人说过
But afterwards,
可后来
I found out that three of our guys were killed.
我才知道我们有三个战友牺牲了
As long as I live, I'll always wonder
只要我还活着一天 都会不停地想
if they might be alive if I had joined that fight.
如果我也加入战斗 他们三个会不会就能活下来
Abe, you can't blame yourself for that.
亚伯 这事不能怪你
Sure I can.
当然怪我
But don't you see, Abigail?
你不明白吗 阿比盖尔
I chose myself over him.
我选择了我自己 而不是他
I might have been able to save the man,
我本来可以救他的
but I chose not to risk being exposed.
但我选择了不让自己曝露
Henry, darling, please.
亨利 亲爱的 求你了
You're being too hard on yourself.
你对自己太过严苛了
I can no longer be a doctor
我不能再当医生了
if I know that, if pressed,
如果被报道出去了
I'll break my oath.
我会打破自己的誓言的
Henry, please.
亨利 行了吧
You could no sooner not be a doctor than I c--
你到时就做不了医生了 等我...
Mom, Dad, I'm home.
爸妈 我回来了
Wash up for dinner, Abe.
洗手准备吃饭 亚伯 You did what you did not for yourself, but for us.
你做了你该做的事 不是为了你 是为我们
For your family.
为了你的家庭
You'll get past this. You must.
你会忘了的 你必须要忘记
Just give it time.
让时间来解决
There are things for all of us
在世上有些事对我们所有人来说
that even all the time in the world
就算是时间
wouldn't be able to erase.
也无法抹去
Hey. Don't let it get cold.
别等它凉了
Oh, uh, fair warning, it's a little spicy.
贴心提示 有点辣
Oh, this is fantastic. What's in it?
味道好棒 放了什么
That's a secret.
那可是秘密